It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The air conditioner went on when it clearly shouldn't have. This might have been appreciated on a hot day, but there is absolutely no reason it should be running in -20 degree weather (Fahrenheit, in Celsius this would be around -29).

Running air conditioning and heating at the same time is a waste of energy and should never be necessary. (Can someone think of a counter-example to this claim?)
Palvikinkku: Bad thing is, I finally figured out that why my coding exercises and process along with (summer) job hunting lags; I have low self-esteem and near zero trust in my skills. Blame it on unemployment and lack of successful projects in coding, more or less.

Which causes this funny loop: I don't do code 'cause I have no faith in my skills and since I have no faith in my skills, I don't do code. This all while doing masters in uni.

Feels like I've poisoned the well for me regarding coding and I'd kill for a proper answer how to regain it back.
Maybe you're experiencing impostor syndrome?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome
I think that any other spy would have stolen this identity better than me. :-(
toxicTom: My advice would be "just do it". It's not like you have to show your code to anyone. Start with small things, tools you could use yourself. File serial renamer, games database...
Aye, same as I've gotten earlier. It's not bad advice, but without a proper project or focus feels so... far out thought. Plus constant unpreparedness, which contributes to...

dtgreene: Maybe you're experiencing impostor syndrome?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome
Kinda? But the thing is I genuinely don't have anything own made so far, despite learning on my free time. This is only regarding coding though; I am not that much of a loser otherwise.

Thing is, I never feel that I improved in coding in any major way, along with getting belted with rocks of hardship in unemployment. Tried to do something own? Friends helped by deleting code and rewriting it, moving my personal goal post. Internship? Promised and broken. Getting into uni to do my masters, grabbing balls and finally trying Node.JS again as WWW-programming course exercises need it? Can't get Vagrant work because of... didn't navigate properly in virtual server. And now those exercises are undone and lagging on my behalf.

Demotivation is helluva drug and when only thing given is "just do" feels so draining. All the time feels like I didn't try hard enough and without any positive result.

Anyway, thank you two for your words.
dtgreene: Running air conditioning and heating at the same time is a waste of energy and should never be necessary. (Can someone think of a counter-example to this claim?)
Defrosting / defogging your vehicle windshield.
Ran into a survey failure.

Question 10 was whether I wanted to volunteer. Question 11 was "if you answered Yes to question 7, please provide contact info so we can contact you about volunteering.".

Question 7 had nothing to do with volunteering.

Surveys really should be proofread and tested before release.

(As a side note, I remember seeing a screenshot of a survey question that was "what's your gender", and the choices were something like "male", "female", "4-8 hours", and "more than 8 hours". Do the third and fourth choices make *any* sense here?)
Even though it's freezing outside, my flat is still way too hot. First world problems.
beyond1: Even though it's freezing outside, my flat is still way too hot. First world problems.
I'm an idiot. I didn't realize how far north Estonia is. I would imagine it is freezing there.

Have the same problem, well kind of. It's freezing outside and way too hot inside because of a space heater I only paid $30 for.

$30 for a heater this powerful. THAT"S A BARGAIN!
tinyE: I'm an idiot. I didn't realize how far north Estonia is. I would imagine it is freezing there.

Have the same problem, well kind of. It's freezing outside and way too hot inside because of a space heater I only paid $30 for.

$30 for a heater this powerful. THAT"S A BARGAIN!
Overkill with central heating over here. The bills for January and February should be dope. :D
Foiled... Just like that. After careful planning and preparation, months of inspecting the field and collecting stuff that could be used against them.

I admit defeat. Never have i ever, seen in my life, a rude and threatening "Ultimatum" (against people with connections and "power", at that...), being fulfilled just like that... Without mobilizing even one of their allies or assets, to reveal/expose their ties openly. I even feel like being the villain here, or the madman; but then again, those people are pros in turning things around, mind-effing you and cultivating guilt.

There is no reason to pursue futher actions, even though i designed a BIG party with lots of "fireworks". Even though in this line, there was lots of dirt and i was about to do damage and unveil part of it, i don't feel like it anymore. Somehow, they made me think i am dirtier than them, or something... Even though they took advantage of me, they made me think i did the opposite. Hell, well-educated, "sophisticated beaches" can really mess somebody up. This time, i was beaten in my own game, that i carefully set up. Revenge would really taste like pure sheet, now, even if i stayed my course. To hell with they, to hell with me.
Post edited February 02, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
I hate waking up early on weekends.
Why is it that so many men let their computers get so icky?
Kelefane: I hate waking up early on weekends.
"Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed. They don't seem to mean quite so much, except, you get to hang out with your working friends." -Les Claypool
East-side dipshit and west-side dipshit bring us back to cold war nuclear dick contests. I really thought we had evolved past that but mankind will always remain the same trash.

So, back to the Bert-the-Turtle era.
Post edited February 02, 2019 by Telika
Kelefane: I hate waking up early on weekends.
tinyE: "Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed. They don't seem to mean quite so much, except, you get to hang out with your working friends." -Les Claypool
Oh how this hits so close to me. Well, used to.

Unemployment really devalues the meaning of time.