It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i_hope_you_rot: I wish i could hide all those annoying threads from the general discussion forum . Is there any userscripts for that ?
Jerkmuter will hide any user and threads.
hi all
2 degrees celcius: too cold for me. Granted perhaps that's because I don't want to wear more than a t-shirt and a light jacket :\
Matewis: 2 degrees celcius: too cold for me. Granted perhaps that's because I don't want to wear more than a t-shirt and a light jacket :\
At lest it wasn't 2 degrees *fahrenheit* (= about -16 or -17 celsius). Better get on your winter jacket, fleece leggings (you *do* have them, right?), scarf, and other warm clothes if you plan on going outside!

(And yes, I have seen weather this cold; in fact, there was one day this year it was even colder. (I didn't go outside that day.))
Been waiting for two days now for a call on whether a job interview friday is gonna happen or not. The waiting is seriously annoying since I don't know if I should feel nervous or not. No need to feel nervous is the interview doesn't happen but if it does then it's natural to be a bit nervous.

But the damn waiting is killing me and preventing me from doing other stuff. Sadly I can't contact them but will just have to wait.

Oh well.
Matewis: 2 degrees celcius: too cold for me. Granted perhaps that's because I don't want to wear more than a t-shirt and a light jacket :\
dtgreene: At lest it wasn't 2 degrees *fahrenheit* (= about -16 or -17 celsius). Better get on your winter jacket, fleece leggings (you *do* have them, right?), scarf, and other warm clothes if you plan on going outside!

(And yes, I have seen weather this cold; in fact, there was one day this year it was even colder. (I didn't go outside that day.))
I do have a nifty scarf :) The problem is that it gets pretty mild mid day, even in the dead of winter, so wearing cooler clothes is an investment in mid day comfort. At least, warmer clothing items that can be trivially removed such as a scarf or jacket. That is, no additional sweaters, extra leggings or anything like that. I'm very lazy and stubborn that way :P
Matewis: 2 degrees celcius: too cold for me.
That's too cold for me and I'M A YOOPER!

FYI, that sign is 200 miles SOUTH of me. :P

Oh and back OT, not so funny for me, one of our dogs is dying. He can barely breath and keeps collapsing, but we can't get him to the vet for another three hours. He's very old and it's his time, but seeing him in this much pain is killing me.
Post edited July 03, 2019 by tinyE
tinyE: That's too cold for me and I'M A YOOPER!

FYI, that sign is 200 miles SOUTH of me. :P
I feel like I might regret it someday, but I kind of want to live in a place where it properly snows once during the year. I blame Bill Waterson's winter C&H comics.
I've largely lost my ability to wind down and relax over the past two or three years or so.

That would be all. Carry on.
AlKim: I've largely lost my ability to wind down and relax over the past two or three years or so.

That would be all. Carry on.
Are you just anxious all the time, or what's the problem?

As for my bitching, I can't hold conversations very well in real life, I always seem to have the last word in conversations... And knowing that I am a bad conversation partner, I have learned to stay quiet... But then, that also causes awkwardness because then people think I don't care for them. Societal game is tough.
tinyE: Oh and back OT, not so funny for me, one of our dogs is dying. He can barely breath and keeps collapsing, but we can't get him to the vet for another three hours. He's very old and it's his time, but seeing him in this much pain is killing me.
I'm very sorry to hear about your dog, it's hard having to say goodbye to our furry friends and heartbreaking to see them suffering.
tinyE: Oh and back OT, not so funny for me, one of our dogs is dying. He can barely breath and keeps collapsing, but we can't get him to the vet for another three hours. He's very old and it's his time, but seeing him in this much pain is killing me.
krugos2: I'm very sorry to hear about your dog, it's hard having to say goodbye to our furry friends and heartbreaking to see them suffering.
It's sad but it's his time. Like I said, he's old and his body is totally shutting down.
I've lost puppies before. Now THAT is tragic. I've never gotten over those.

I'm not going to mourn George too much because he had a long full life in a loving home.
Alasas: hi all
Hey Alasas......have you checked out the sticky threads in general forums for info on the site/third party site addons/etc yet?

There is also a thread that lists ongoing contests where people who have been here a month or so can try to win games offered by other users.

Anyways, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.
Oh and back OT, not so funny for me, one of our dogs is dying. He can barely breath and keeps collapsing, but we can't get him to the vet for another three hours. He's very old and it's his time, but seeing him in this much pain is killing me.
I lost a cherished cat a year or so back, and my one other cat is also getting skinnier lately and not eating as much. I know how you feel. :(
My father just got back from having George put down.
He's really a mess.
He wasn't this bad when his mother died.
I don't think I could stand being in a room when that happens, however human it is.

I'm actually glad it's so busy here; keeps my mind off of it.

I'll stop talking about it now because no one wants to here my whining. :D