It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: Too damn hot
dtgreene: Want to trade?

(We've been having the temperature get close to 0 F (about -17 C I believe) here this season.)
I'm stuck inside the house with work anyways so yeah I'll trade anytime :P Though I don't want that temp here in Pretoria. Almost none of the houses here are insulated so we'll, uhm, die if it suddenly drops to -17C :\
dtgreene: Want to trade?

(We've been having the temperature get close to 0 F (about -17 C I believe) here this season.)
Matewis: I'm stuck inside the house with work anyways so yeah I'll trade anytime :P Though I don't want that temp here in Pretoria. Almost none of the houses here are insulated so we'll, uhm, die if it suddenly drops to -17C :\
No AC in South Africa?
Matewis: I'm stuck inside the house with work anyways so yeah I'll trade anytime :P Though I don't want that temp here in Pretoria. Almost none of the houses here are insulated so we'll, uhm, die if it suddenly drops to -17C :\
tinyE: No AC in South Africa?
Yeah, a lot offices have it but its not common in houses since its too expensive. Not the unit themselves, but what it adds to the power bill.

edit : Reminds me of a funny story about how different people from around the world are used to different climates. I once shared an office with a guy from Cameroon and a guy from Gabon. Great guys and I was friends with one of them called Pius. Poor old Pius and me just liked different temperatures - one day I walked into the office and was hit square in the face by an unexpected heat wave. They had set the AC to the max temperature and turned the office into a small oven. I was like "no seriously comeon guys this is just too much". On the flip side I liked the AC set to 18 C but then just as I started to get comfortable poor Pius would start shivering at his desk :P
Post edited January 19, 2018 by Matewis
tinyE: No AC in South Africa?
Matewis: Yeah, a lot offices have it but its not common in houses since its too expensive. Not the unit themselves, but what it adds to the power bill.

edit : Reminds me of a funny story about how different people from around the world are used to different climates. I once shared an office with a guy from Cameroon and a guy from Gabon. Great guys and I was friends with one of them called Pius. Poor old Pius and me just liked different temperatures - one day I walked into the office and was hit square in the face by an unexpected heat wave. They had set the AC to the max temperature and turned the office into a small oven. I was like "no seriously comeon guys this is just too much". On the flip side I liked the AC set to 18 C but then just as I started to get comfortable poor Pius would start shivering at his desk :P
We have AC in the B&B. Now obviously we don't need it, but people come up from other parts of the country and will refuse to stay anywhere that doesn't have it, because they have never lived in a climate where you don't sometimes need AC. In 12 years we've never had it turned on, but installing it has paid off with the business it gave us. It's like locks. We never give out keys, because there is no crime here, but good luck getting someone from the city to believe that.
tinyE: We have AC in the B&B. Now obviously we don't need it, but people come up from other parts of the country and will refuse to stay anywhere that doesn't have it, because they have never lived in a climate where you don't sometimes need AC. In 12 years we've never had it turned on, but installing it has paid off with the business it gave us. It's like locks. We never give out keys, because there is no crime here, but good luck getting someone from the city to believe that.
That's lucky then I suppose. I sometimes wonder how much businesses like yours lose off of their profits with AC units when they do get used. I once stayed in a small hotel on the coast where each room had an AC. It was so hot and humid I had the AC on the entire time :P Based on some very rough calculations it might cost the hotel the equivalent of 2/3 nights stay per month if it runs on average half of each day.
Post edited January 19, 2018 by Matewis
tinyE: We have AC in the B&B. Now obviously we don't need it, but people come up from other parts of the country and will refuse to stay anywhere that doesn't have it, because they have never lived in a climate where you don't sometimes need AC. In 12 years we've never had it turned on, but installing it has paid off with the business it gave us. It's like locks. We never give out keys, because there is no crime here, but good luck getting someone from the city to believe that.
Matewis: That's lucky then I suppose. I sometimes wonder how much businesses like yours lose off of their profits with AC units when they do get used. I once stayed in a small hotel on the coast where each room had an AC. It was so hot and humid I had the AC on the entire time :P Based on some very rough calculations it might cost the hotel the equivalent of 2/3 nights stay if it runs on average half of each day.
We have one AC unit that is piped throughout the house. However, as we've never turned it on, running it isn't very expensive. :P
Matewis: That's lucky then I suppose. I sometimes wonder how much businesses like yours lose off of their profits with AC units when they do get used. I once stayed in a small hotel on the coast where each room had an AC. It was so hot and humid I had the AC on the entire time :P Based on some very rough calculations it might cost the hotel the equivalent of 2/3 nights stay if it runs on average half of each day.
tinyE: We have one AC unit that is piped throughout the house. However, as we've never turned it on, running it isn't very expensive. :P
Turn it on now and you'll have spider webs and dust bunnies blowing all over the place from not using it for years on end. ; ) Kinda like firing up an electric heater for the first time in a season, you get that stink as it burns off the accumulated crud of time.
tinyE: We have one AC unit that is piped throughout the house. However, as we've never turned it on, running it isn't very expensive. :P
I imagine one doesn't need AC in Greenland...
De4thstroke: ...Greenland...
tinyE is a joker and changes his residence all the time in the settings.
Post edited January 22, 2018 by Themken
low rated
De4thstroke: ...Greenland...
Themken: tinyE is a joker and changes his residence all the time in the settings.
If you were an American right now you'd do the same. :P
Themken: tinyE is a joker and changes his residence all the time in the settings.
tinyE: If you were an American right now you'd do the same. :P
Yes, I think you might be right.
I'm not happy about living in the United States Of Trump either but I haven't decided where to live via my settings.
De4thstroke: I'm not happy about living in the United States Of Trump either but I haven't decided where to live via my settings.
I always wanted to visit Madagascar.

And actually, that made me think of something. :P
Post edited January 22, 2018 by tinyE
De4thstroke: I'm not happy about living in the United States Of Trump either but I haven't decided where to live via my settings.
You could go the route of the poster above you, Themken is From [so nowhere]

*edit: why does the forum software eat the blank space after the word 'From'?
Post edited January 23, 2018 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: You could go the route of the poster above you, Themken is From [so nowhere]

*edit: why does the forum software eat the blank space after the word 'From'?
I have asked GOG several times to make Pangaea an option. That would solve it for everyone.