It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A little bummed at how much the US election has brought out the worst in some. I'm hearing so many hateful comments and generalizations from "both" sides, and they each seem to think only their feelings are justified. It's depressing. I just want to see us work things out, or failing that, try to simply live and let live.

DubConqueror: Feeling scared, the week has been too eventful, my mental reserves are exhausted. I'd like to go out and take a walk, but the outside world is so scary: the sound of cars, dogs passing by, I'd have to go through all that to reach the forest.
Sorry to hear things are rough. Hope you feel better and that your days ahead are more pleasant!
So, you might have noticed that one of the cats died recently. Consequently we took the other to the vet for a general check-up and some dental work, and because she was annoyingly clingy and obviously very lonely, we took a new cat to distract her. The good news is that she is healthy, recovering well from her dental fix and is growing accustomed to the newcomer much better than we ever expected. We still keep them separated for parts of the day, but still.

The downside to all this is the expense. I just did the maths and concluded that I have spent almost 900 euros on cats alone within the past two and a half weeks. That's the vacation money all gone.

But really, I should be glad that my financial situation is such that I can take care of the little buggers when they need care - or if the worst comes to pass.
Post edited November 16, 2016 by AlKim
1. A very good friend of mine ragging on about the US Election result -- highly dramatic about the racist hate and violence against women - i am not downplaying it but come on, stuff like that happens in US on a not so rare basis anyway - only takes a few dickheads on the internet to spend a day compiling news/pictures to ramp up the feelings of people...

2. Summertime here -- room i rent starting to get warmer on regular basis :/.

3. Lot of new people at work -- lot of mistakes made, i am sure they are all nice but....lot of uni students -- probably lazy fuckers though.

4. There is a reason why some people like me prefer not to talk very much at work -- mistakes happen when people don't pay the fuck attention and talk too fucking much. . I swear some go to work to socialize first and work comes second.. frigging hell
Niggles: mistakes happen when people don't pay the fuck attention and talk too fucking much.
Was it the warehouse chick?

I'd do her over some inventory.
Niggles: mistakes happen when people don't pay the fuck attention and talk too fucking much.
Kleetus: Was it the warehouse chick?

I'd do her over some inventory.
Nothing to do with her.She is a quiet one unless she is around her little group of friends (they are young).
One prick in particular seems to think a)he is a ladies man (mutual female friends say otherwise ha!!) b) feels the need to talk with everyone and keep talking when others are around )
Niggles: She is a quiet one unless she is around her little group of friends (they are young).
It's the quiet ones that you have to watch out for.

Anyway, I'd do all of them in despatch.
Several of you may want to put this in the "What made you happy" thread. :P

40 MPH winds and 15 ft waves means I keep losing power.
Why do the topics intended to give discussion on how the forum should be run devolve into not-so-pleasant things? Why can't we discuss that topic civilly?
dtgreene: Why do the topics intended to give discussion on how the forum should be run devolve into not-so-pleasant things? Why can't we discuss that topic civilly?
It doesn't help when you interrupt a discussion to complain about being offended because someone wrote your name wrong or used a pronoun you didn't like. :P

Remember a year or so ago when you brought a discussion to a screeching halt because I quoted "The Godfather"? :P
I get hostility from people who don't know me yet! Working through my mobile for job's demands or for various social occasions, even towards total strangers, now net me with extra hostility, yelling, crude lines and downright aversion, repulsion itself! Geez, they don't even know how i look like, my skills on the field, my good intentions! And no, i am not selling things or try to convince people signing mobile offer contracts... Getting people angry at you is a passive skill, apparently. Damn. For no reason, too!
Post edited November 19, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
When will Square Enix finally release these games on Gog ? When ????

Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider VII: Legend
Tomb Raider VIII: Underworld
Post edited November 19, 2016 by Painted_Doll
Painted_Doll: When will Square Enix finally release these games on Gog ? When ????

Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider VII: Legend
Tomb Raider VIII: Underworld
Angel of Darkness is here.
https://www.gog.com/game/tomb_raider_the_angel_of_darkness
Post edited November 19, 2016 by tinyE
Wrote the wrong game title . I mean Tomb Raider Anniversary .
Still waiting for GoG to release the rest of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games + their spin-offs... now get to work and finally deliver, or don't you like moneyz.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Working through my mobile for job's demands or for various social occasions, even towards total strangers, now net me with extra hostility, yelling, crude lines and downright aversion, repulsion itself!
Hmm. Gee. I wonder why they'd do this. It's almost as if you had some sort of reputation.
dtgreene: Why do the topics intended to give discussion on how the forum should be run devolve into not-so-pleasant things? Why can't we discuss that topic civilly?
Two reasons:
1. Often people take the question of "how should the forum be run" to be "how should the forum be moderated" and literally nobody will agree on that, because it comes down to what should and shouldn't be allowed to be said, which every single person has a different opinion on.
2. As tinyE pointed out, your tendency to constantly shoehorn gender or LGBT topics into the mix does nothing to help it. At all. Even if it's something you think is simple, as I've told you before, you're still baiting the topic into an uncivil derail, whether you choose to admit/realize it or not, and thus become part of the problem.
Post edited November 19, 2016 by zeogold