It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I want my Eleanor back. One day I will get her back. And then we're going to glide baby, like, lightening.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: I want my Eleanor back.
I want to help you find her.
Shit, drug urine test in job contract. -.-

No more fun for me, ever.
tinyE: The cluster flies are back.
If I showed you a picture of them you'd swear I Photoshoped it.

Needles to say I'm scared shitless about the donkeys.
Be happy it wasn't them botflies, instead...
bad_fur_day1: Shit, drug urine test in job contract.
You can buy bladder urine kits and synthetic urine.
bad_fur_day1: Shit, drug urine test in job contract.
Kleetus: You can buy bladder urine kits and synthetic urine.
Indeed you can, I'm not sure if I could get that by them, they are pretty good at detecting that kind of thing now, plus it needs to be heated to the right temperature.

F**k f**k f**k. I'm not a monk damnit.
bad_fur_day1: plus it needs to be heated to the right temperature.
The bladder you put the urine in is strapped to your body, so it reaches the right temperature.

They do work, as long as there isn't a person actually watching you.

If they just give you a container and send you to the toilet it's pretty easy.

Make sure you tell them Kleetus sent you for a complimentary urinalysis.
fascinating conversation :P
No more being a renegade cyborg ninja for me, anymore. -.-

Normal. -.-
God damn it my GOG game collection + extras is getting closer to 2 terabytes in size (only the English Windows versions, not Linux/Mac/non-English versions included).

I think I now have only something like 50 gigabytes free room left on my external 2TB USB hard disk (nothing but GOG games in there at the moment), and I need to have some free room there for gogrepo.py's clean option (which doesn't outright delete obsolete files, but first moves them to another directory so that I can still check whether they really are obsolete and can be safely deleted).

I guess the next step is to start looking for 4TB external hard drives, or whatever is nowadays the optimal one. I am using gogrepo on an ancient laptop running Linux Mint 17.3 (32bit), I am unsure if it can even read external hard drives which are bigger than 2TB (something about having to use GTP instead of MBR with >2TB hard drives). We will see...

On the other hand the rate at which I buy new GOG games has certainly slowed down, but at the same time the sizes of games has greatly increased per game (hello The Witcher 3, Hard Reset and Dragon Age!), so not sure when that 4TB hard drive would become too small.

Just to clarify, I need to have all my GOG game installers/extras on one hard drive in order for gogrepo to work correctly, ie. see all my existing games to know which need to be downloaded. Hmm, I wonder if there is a way to join several partitions on several (external) hard drives into one virtual partition that the system would see as one? Also in Linux (when they are NTFS partitions)? Then I could simply buy e.g. another 2TB hard drive to kinda extend the free room for my GOG games (and other files for that matter).
Post edited July 17, 2016 by timppu
timppu: Just to clarify, I need to have all my GOG game installers/extras on one hard drive in order for gogrepo to work correctly, ie. see all my existing games to know which need to be downloaded. Hmm, I wonder if there is a way to join several partition on several (external) hard drives to one virtual one that the system would see them as one? Also in Linux (when they are NTFS partitions)? Then I could simply buy e.g. another 2TB hard drive to kinda extend the free room for my GOG games.
There are ways to do that in Linux, though there is, of course, the issue if one fails. (Also, other OS's won't be able to read such a hard drive.)

At this point, the ideal solution might be to make a dedicated file server to run gogrepo.py from. A Raspberry Pi will work, though not ideal; other SBCs are better for this purpose. (On the other hand, the Raspberry Pi has a bigger community, so it would be easier to get help with one.) If you have a much bigger budget, of course, something like a FreeBSD server using the ZFS file system would work. An in-between option would, of course, be to build a cheap computer with USB 3.0 and/or a big hard drive and use that.

By running gogrepo.py on a server, you can access it from computers running any modern OS, even if that OS wouldn't be able to read the underlying file system.
dtgreene: If you have a much bigger budget, of course, something like a FreeBSD server using the ZFS file system would work.
Can Windows (7) read ZFS partitions with e.g. some extra driver? The thing is that nowadays I run gogrepo (doing the downloads etc.) on an ancient Linux Mint laptop dedicated just for that task, to an external 2TB USB hard drive which is formatted to NTFS because Windows (7) is where I want to use those downloaded files.

Windows wouldn't necessarily have to be able to see all the different ZFS partitions as one, as long as it could read the files from one partition (hard drive) at a time. Then again that should also mean no file is divided into two different partitions, unless there is an easy way to manually join the two partial files back together in Windows...

I wish those petabyte hard drives would become affordable already... :)
dtgreene: If you have a much bigger budget, of course, something like a FreeBSD server using the ZFS file system would work.
timppu: Can Windows (7) read ZFS partitions with e.g. some extra driver? The thing is that nowadays I run gogrepo (doing the downloads etc.) on an ancient Linux Mint laptop dedicated just for that task, to an external 2TB USB hard drive which is formatted to NTFS because Windows (7) is where I want to use those downloaded files.

Windows wouldn't necessarily have to be able to see all the different ZFS partitions as one, as long as it could read the files from one partition (hard drive) at a time. Then again that should also mean no file is divided into two different partitions, unless there is an easy way to manually join the two partial files back together in Windows...

I wish those petabyte hard drives would become affordable already... :)
No, Windows can't read ZFS.

*However*, if you are running gogrepo.py on a separate machine (like your Linux Mint laptop), you can run a file server (like samba) on that laptop and access the files from any other machine on the network, even if that other computer wouldn't be able to understand the on-disk file system.

Just don't open any ports to the outside Internet unless you know what your doing and are aware of the security implications of doing so.
dtgreene: No, Windows can't read ZFS.
Too bad. I recall there were drivers to make some older Linux/UNIX filesystems readable in Windows, but according to this, apparently ZFS may have more hurdles to get something like that:

https://hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=4226771&cid=44880285

Maybe then run a Linux virtual machine in Windows, just in order to get access to the files and copy them to the Windows side, in order to use them there.

dtgreene: *However*, if you are running gogrepo.py on a separate machine (like your Linux Mint laptop), you can run a file server (like samba) on that laptop and access the files from any other machine on the network, even if that other computer wouldn't be able to understand the on-disk file system.
I might go with a setup like that at some point (especially as I am very interested to ZFS or BtrFS or whatever those new filesystems are with built-in file integrity and repair support), but I like to keep my GOG (and possibly other DRM-free) games on one or several 2.5" USB hard drives that I can bring with my laptop if needed, e.g. if I go abroad or elsewhere outside my home for a bit longer times.

I dunno, maybe I'll just buy a 4TB USB (2.5") hard drive, it seems I can get one for 170€ here, that doesn't sound too bad... Too bad though that then my 2TB hard drive will get less of use, of course I can still keep other kinds of files there and such.
Reading on it a bit more, what I am probably looking for is either spanned volumes, or RAID 0 or 5. But I am unsure if it is really usable to try on portable (USB) hard drive partitions, or are they usable only on "fixed" hard drives that are always connected...

http://lifehacker.com/5986883/how-to-combine-multiple-hard-drives-into-one-volume-for-cheap-high-capacity-storage