It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HereForTheBeer:
Aye - pretty much it bud!
grimwerk: I can see why Home Depot's out of the question, then.

A local plumber would probably have spare sump pumps. Don't know what it'd cost you to borrow them.

Obvious advice not intended to be insulting:
-Check the output flow of each of your pumps to ensure they're doing what you expect.
-Make sure each output is draining somewhere that won't flow back to the building.
-Choose a drain point such that the output end of each hose is as low as possible. Even though you're using a pump, that siphon/change in height will still work for you and improve the flow rate.
-Check the intakes for each pump and make sure they're clear of whatever was floating around in your basement.
tinyE: That's not insulting but it's all been done. Unfortunately we are at the foot of a "mountain" up here so we get all of the runoff. Most of the time that isn't a problem but we got 320 + inches of snow and when it warmed up it did so immediately so the entire mountain melted immediately. There isn't a pump around outside of the U.S. Navy that could handle that flow.
tinyE's horrors of the Eldritch gods Michigan water park?
Post edited April 10, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Counting the days down to moving to the new house (pretty nice place too) with landlords (yeah bit more of a whine than a bitch). Taking too long lol....

Bitching = i try to make friends and i get ignored or people end up just being fair weather friends. Kinda sick of it :)
tinyE: That's not insulting but it's all been done. Unfortunately we are at the foot of a "mountain" up here so we get all of the runoff. Most of the time that isn't a problem but we got 320 + inches of snow and when it warmed up it did so immediately so the entire mountain melted immediately. There isn't a pump around outside of the U.S. Navy that could handle that flow.
monkeydelarge: tinyE's horrors of the Eldritch gods Michigan water park?
Must be lower Michigan. XD Seriously I kind of feel like a dickhead moaning about this in light of what some of you are going through. Granted I intend to kill my father next time I see him for sticking me in this mess but that's totally different.
Niggles: Counting the days down to moving to the new house (pretty nice place too) with landlords (yeah bit more of a whine than a bitch). Taking too long lol....

Bitching = i try to make friends and i get ignored or people end up just being fair weather friends. Kinda sick of it :)
Never mind. I'll just get a shit load of flak for telling you why people are ignoring you and why people are being fair weather friends towards you. And even more flak for revealing several solutions to this problem. :( So my previous reply has been edited out because I'm not in the mood to deal with the consequences from offending some people. If you really want to know why this is happening to you(Niggles) and want some advice, you can PM me. Maybe I can help you.
monkeydelarge: tinyE's horrors of the Eldritch gods Michigan water park?
tinyE: Must be lower Michigan. XD Seriously I kind of feel like a dickhead moaning about this in light of what some of you are going through. Granted I intend to kill my father next time I see him for sticking me in this mess but that's totally different.
Having an entire mountain piss on you and your family's business is no first world problem.
Post edited April 11, 2014 by monkeydelarge
DubConqueror: @HereForTheBeer: I'm sorry to hear about your dad, wish you lots of strength for the time to come.
HereForTheBeer: Thanks. As it happens, he passed on at 10am this morning. Peacefully, thank goodness.

If you gotta have a real shitty terminal cancer this is probably one of the better outcomes: symptoms came on quickly, he got to talk to everyone before he died, pain was well-managed, and it didn't drag on. I think karma was repaying him for giving the world such awesome kids. ; )

Rest well, Dad. We'll miss you.
My condolences. You take it well. Indeed it's a 'better' way to die, with time for saying goodbyes, but no long drawn-out illnesses. Still losing your father is a big, big loss.
DubConqueror: @HereForTheBeer: I'm sorry to hear about your dad, wish you lots of strength for the time to come.
HereForTheBeer: Thanks. As it happens, he passed on at 10am this morning. Peacefully, thank goodness.

If you gotta have a real shitty terminal cancer this is probably one of the better outcomes: symptoms came on quickly, he got to talk to everyone before he died, pain was well-managed, and it didn't drag on. I think karma was repaying him for giving the world such awesome kids. ; )

My sympathies.

That's all I can say at the moment.
Thanks for all of the kind words, here and in PMs. It means a lot.

My sympathies.
HereForTheBeer: Thanks for all of the kind words, here and in PMs. It means a lot.
My sympathies as well.
I looked up the japanese "KANCHO" - Prank... Damn curiosity.
Sachys: Had a very similar dose with my dad last month (passed on the 7th/8th). Shitty deal, but glad you also seem to have a similar angle on it as I did / have. So far that has helped immesnley for me.
HereForTheBeer: Sorry about your dad, too.

Having seen both versions of lung cancer death - the quick and the drawn-out - this came across as a blessing. You can't do squat about the disease itself so you almost hope that it's over in short order, and that the pain and suffering are kept to a minimum. They were in this case, for which we are grateful.
A bit late, although you have my condolences. It's something I unfortunately expect to go through myself as my father been smoking and drinking for 20+ years. Not sure which will hit first alzheimer's or cancer. Not anything I can do as he has been stubborn his whole life and just never cared.
HereForTheBeer: Sorry about your dad, too.

Having seen both versions of lung cancer death - the quick and the drawn-out - this came across as a blessing. You can't do squat about the disease itself so you almost hope that it's over in short order, and that the pain and suffering are kept to a minimum. They were in this case, for which we are grateful.
Briareos262: A bit late, although you have my condolences. It's something I unfortunately expect to go through myself as my father been smoking and drinking for 20+ years. Not sure which will hit first alzheimer's or cancer. Not anything I can do as he has been stubborn his whole life and just never cared.
Yikes. That's kinda what we were looking at: always knew there was going to be SOMEthing, but not sure what or when. He's had a bunch of micro-strokes and a larger one that didn't incapacitate him, smoked quite a bit for many years (but had also quit 15-20 years back), type 2 diabetes, heart surgery... you name it. That, and didn't want to do anything about some of those. Granted, the lung cancer was going to do its worst no matter what since it was already brewing in there.

If I could offer any advice to anyone facing this stuff, beyond enjoying the time while you have it, it is to get all of the paperwork in order. Get medical and financial powers-of-attorney (do NOT add your name to his accounts, else you can be put on the hook), a living will, and find out what he wants in the event he can't speak for himself. Ask about funeral arrangements, religious stuff, who is to be executor, whatever you can think of. Find out where the bills, bank statements, insurance papers, will(s), retirement account info, and all the rest, are stored so you can access them on short notice. Ask about where he's had savings and credit accounts in the past, even if he thinks they're closed and/or paid-off. And ask about personal mementos: who he would like to get what personal stuff. Sometimes it's those items that cause the most friction among the family members, so have him take the time to think about those things.

Best of luck, really. Sadly, there aren't many instructions like, "Your family member is terminally ill. Here's what you need to do."
Weather is getting warming. Fucking insects everywhere now...
got the basement clean yesterday. Just woke up....it's back to three feet. Excuse me while I cry.