It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Turds who keep negging people need to get a life. Wankers.
disi: 1. I just paid my council tax bill today.
2. I have yet another birthday to come and since I cannot stand sitting at home alone, I booked a flight to Amsterdam for tomorrow.
3. I still have to work for one hour...
Things that make disi happy: he/she is in Amsterdam now...

Welcome to Holland. Enjoy the canals (I don't want that 'other' association with Amsterdam).
monkeydelarge: I fucking hate my piece of shit life.
sometimes i hate the other pieces.

@HereForTheBeer: I'm sorry to hear about your dad, wish you lots of strength for the time to come.
Post edited April 09, 2014 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: Welcome to Holland. Enjoy the canals (I don't want that 'other' association with Amsterdam).
You mean bikes? Cookies? Red Light? Which one is it?

Had a fun time there ~10 years ago, even if I did manage to end up there without my luggage.
IndieGala screwed me. I signed up, bought a game through their store, payment succeeded, I got the confirmation emails for the account but a week later I noticed that I still haven't received my serials (I almost would have completely forgotten about it). Wrote them an email describing the issue, included all the necessary information, haven't gotten a reply for several days.

My first purchase there and gone so friggin' wrong. <.<

Edit: Oh man. The serials could be displayed after logging in. Just totally not where one would expect them. :P
Post edited April 11, 2014 by F4LL0UT
DubConqueror: Welcome to Holland. Enjoy the canals (I don't want that 'other' association with Amsterdam).
JMich: You mean bikes? Cookies? Red Light? Which one is it?

Had a fun time there ~10 years ago, even if I did manage to end up there without my luggage.
I'm under the impression, but I might be wrong, foreigners often equate Amsterdam=Holland=marijuana, weed, hash, pot whatever you want to call it. Having been addicted and struggling for years to quit (not only that, but tabacoo and alcohol too, but marijuana was the worst because the way it lured my brain into an otherness to "get me out of this hellhole", but in effect only increasing the hellhole by making me less able to cope with life), my view of hash is very negative (though I'm pro legilization, illegality of drugs makes being on drugs only worse, it doesn't stop addiction but it does create a criminal market and even more debt and financial problems for addicts - users of illegal drugs are far more likely to lose their homes from expenses for their habit).

*Darwindamn, apologies for that sentence. I'm tired and creating sentences-within-sentences instead of proper writing.

My own current impression with Amsterdam is hectic traffic, lots of people, lots of impressions. Not too much fun either, if you're mind's easily overstimulated, though I do come there once in a while for a walk with my parents. The architecture of the canal houses, the facades, with it's masonry and sculptures and the facade bricks containing pictures of the trade and of biblical scenes are wonderful.

My current state of mind: I'm glad my weekend started (I normally don't work on fridays), but damn, I'm tired and talking a bit incoherent now methinks.
Post edited April 10, 2014 by DubConqueror
I was completely worn out, had a nap and i think i just experienced sleep paralysis... that was a bat*hit crazy experience... there was this thing, sitting on my wall, it quickly crawled down and slowly stood up and looked into my eyes. i thought my heart is going to explode when it started slowly scratching my face with its claws. holy sh*t. i'm not going to sleep tonight!

Never ever sleep on your back!
JMich: You mean bikes? Cookies? Red Light? Which one is it?

DubConqueror: I'm under the impression, but I might be wrong, foreigners often equate Amsterdam=Holland=marijuana, weed, hash, pot whatever you want to call it.
You got me, I got my impressions of Amsterdam from Cheech and Chong's Still Smokin' and Harold and Kumar movies. I have no other experiences besides film and TV. But I am a huge fan, that stuff should be legal, among other things besides drugs.
It could be worse, when I think of Germany I picture Hogan's Heroes

Soccorro: I was completely worn out, had a nap and i think i just experienced sleep paralysis... that was a bat*hit crazy experience... there was this thing, sitting on my wall, it quickly crawled down and slowly stood up and looked into my eyes. i thought my heart is going to explode when it started slowly scratching my face with its claws. holy sh*t. i'm not going to sleep tonight!

Never ever sleep on your back!
Lay off the magic shrooms man, that stuff can wreck your mind.
Post edited April 10, 2014 by jjsimp
A couple of more inches of water and I'm going to lose power.

Man this sucks.
tinyE: A couple of more inches of water and I'm going to lose power.

Man this sucks.
Pumps not keeping up?
Can you acquire another?

Edit: Also, if you have spare garden hoses without pumps, you could get one or more siphons going, assuming you have a place outside your inn which is lower than the water level.
Post edited April 10, 2014 by grimwerk
tinyE: A couple of more inches of water and I'm going to lose power.

Man this sucks.
grimwerk: Pumps not keeping up?
Can you acquire another?

Edit: Also, if you have spare garden hoses without pumps, you could get one or more siphons going, assuming you have a place outside your inn which is lower than the water level.
4 pumps going, 3 more have died on me, not enough. I could get another but it's a 100 mile round trip and a) I wouldn't know what to get or how to set it up and b) I can't leave for more than 30 minutes. All the hoses I have are being used too.

Serves my folks right for leaving at the peak of the biggest thaw we've had since 1979. :P They seriously must have manure for their brains. I don't think I could do something that stupid if I tried and I think we all know that when it comes to being an idiot I'm no slouch. :D
tinyE: 4 pumps going, 3 more have died on me, not enough. I could get another but it's a 100 mile round trip and a) I wouldn't know what to get or how to set it up and b) I can't leave for more than 30 minutes. All the hoses I have are being used too.
I can see why Home Depot's out of the question, then.

A local plumber would probably have spare sump pumps. Don't know what it'd cost you to borrow them.

Obvious advice not intended to be insulting:
-Check the output flow of each of your pumps to ensure they're doing what you expect.
-Make sure each output is draining somewhere that won't flow back to the building.
-Choose a drain point such that the output end of each hose is as low as possible. Even though you're using a pump, that siphon/change in height will still work for you and improve the flow rate.
-Check the intakes for each pump and make sure they're clear of whatever was floating around in your basement.
tinyE: 4 pumps going, 3 more have died on me, not enough. I could get another but it's a 100 mile round trip and a) I wouldn't know what to get or how to set it up and b) I can't leave for more than 30 minutes. All the hoses I have are being used too.
grimwerk: I can see why Home Depot's out of the question, then.

A local plumber would probably have spare sump pumps. Don't know what it'd cost you to borrow them.

Obvious advice not intended to be insulting:
-Check the output flow of each of your pumps to ensure they're doing what you expect.
-Make sure each output is draining somewhere that won't flow back to the building.
-Choose a drain point such that the output end of each hose is as low as possible. Even though you're using a pump, that siphon/change in height will still work for you and improve the flow rate.
-Check the intakes for each pump and make sure they're clear of whatever was floating around in your basement.
That's not insulting but it's all been done. Unfortunately we are at the foot of a "mountain" up here so we get all of the runoff. Most of the time that isn't a problem but we got 320 + inches of snow and when it warmed up it did so immediately so the entire mountain melted immediately. There isn't a pump around outside of the U.S. Navy that could handle that flow.
DubConqueror: @HereForTheBeer: I'm sorry to hear about your dad, wish you lots of strength for the time to come.
Thanks. As it happens, he passed on at 10am this morning. Peacefully, thank goodness.

If you gotta have a real shitty terminal cancer this is probably one of the better outcomes: symptoms came on quickly, he got to talk to everyone before he died, pain was well-managed, and it didn't drag on. I think karma was repaying him for giving the world such awesome kids. ; )

Rest well, Dad. We'll miss you.
DubConqueror: @HereForTheBeer: I'm sorry to hear about your dad, wish you lots of strength for the time to come.
HereForTheBeer: Thanks. As it happens, he passed on at 10am this morning. Peacefully, thank goodness.

If you gotta have a real shitty terminal cancer this is probably one of the better outcomes: symptoms came on quickly, he got to talk to everyone before he died, pain was well-managed, and it didn't drag on. I think karma was repaying him for giving the world such awesome kids. ; )

Had a very similar dose with my dad last month (passed on the 7th/8th). Shitty deal, but glad you also seem to have a similar angle on it as I did / have. So far that has helped immesnley for me.
HereForTheBeer: Thanks. As it happens, he passed on at 10am this morning. Peacefully, thank goodness.

Sachys: Had a very similar dose with my dad last month (passed on the 7th/8th). Shitty deal, but glad you also seem to have a similar angle on it as I did / have. So far that has helped immesnley for me.
Sorry about your dad, too.

Having seen both versions of lung cancer death - the quick and the drawn-out - this came across as a blessing. You can't do squat about the disease itself so you almost hope that it's over in short order, and that the pain and suffering are kept to a minimum. They were in this case, for which we are grateful.