It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

the_bard: Yeah, as long as they aren't bitten they should be fine. I'm still calling around in the morning. This skunk was acting really strange. It has been dry here though, so he/she may have really been after the water or food.
orcishgamer: We have a lot of wildlife here, the racoons are the worst, very aggressive. My ex-wife regularly caught them eating the dog's poop (guess I fed him pretty well). If I wouldn't have scared the neighbors shit-less I'd have shot the lot of those things, pests. The dog got a couple treed before I got him away from them. Beavers and the rest are pretty okay, except the gray squirrels, deceptively cute rats, fuck squirrels.
I'm out in the middle of nowhere. Gunshots are normal around here. Gray squirrels are bastards. I watched one single grey squirrel progressively take over several red squirrels territory one year. They are tough. Coons around here are pretty docile. I've only had to shoot one in the past few years. I'm pretty sure it was infected or sick.
Oh man, I'm a boxer, have been for about a year now. I've been through several matches, been ok so far. I have bad defense but my instructor (Paul Ianuzzi, great guy, he's the current Masters World Champion so he's no average Joe) has kept faith in me due to my hard training and he says I have "8 times the power of any guy my size." I've been training for a big tournament that's coming up on the 9th of Feb, really excited about it. The 1st guy I was to be up against was a guy I lost to before, but Paul has been saying I'd wreck him this time, my defense is better and I've trained much harder.

After months of work, BAM! A week and a half ago I was informed I have a concussion w/borderline second impact and there's no way I'll be able to fight again without risking serious brain injury. Not only has the rest of my life taken a nosedive cause I can't concentrate or think straight, the one thing I love most, fighting, has been taken. It sucks

On the bright side, so long as I don't get hit again there's no permanent damage :/
Huzzey5: Oh man, I'm a boxer, have been for about a year now. I've been through several matches, been ok so far. I have bad defense but my instructor (Paul Ianuzzi, great guy, he's the current Masters World Champion so he's no average Joe) has kept faith in me due to my hard training and he says I have "8 times the power of any guy my size." I've been training for a big tournament that's coming up on the 9th of Feb, really excited about it. The 1st guy I was to be up against was a guy I lost to before, but Paul has been saying I'd wreck him this time, my defense is better and I've trained much harder.

After months of work, BAM! A week and a half ago I was informed I have a concussion w/borderline second impact and there's no way I'll be able to fight again without risking serious brain injury. Not only has the rest of my life taken a nosedive cause I can't concentrate or think straight, the one thing I love most, fighting, has been taken. It sucks

On the bright side, so long as I don't get hit again there's no permanent damage :/
When one door closes, another one opens. You may from time to time look back on this and wonder, what if? But there is a new path ahead of you now, full of possibility. You will find your way. I'm sorry to hear life has thrown you a curveball here but stay positive, look ahead and you'll be okay. Perhaps the Good Lord has other plans in store for you.
Huzzey5: Oh man, I'm a boxer, have been for about a year now. I've been through several matches, been ok so far. I have bad defense but my instructor (Paul Ianuzzi, great guy, he's the current Masters World Champion so he's no average Joe) has kept faith in me due to my hard training and he says I have "8 times the power of any guy my size." I've been training for a big tournament that's coming up on the 9th of Feb, really excited about it. The 1st guy I was to be up against was a guy I lost to before, but Paul has been saying I'd wreck him this time, my defense is better and I've trained much harder.

dirtyharry50: When one door closes, another one opens. You may from time to time look back on this and wonder, what if? But there is a new path ahead of you now, full of possibility. You will find your way. I'm sorry to hear life has thrown you a curveball here but stay positive, look ahead and you'll be okay. Perhaps the Good Lord has other plans in store for you.
Haha, thanks man. You're absolutely right. The whole thing has brought good changes to me. I'm still just ticked about it. It coulda happened after I won me a belt
high rated

Sorry to hear that, but no sense messing around further and risking life, or quality of it.

My father was a golden gloves, put the trophy up to serve notice from time to time as I was growing up :-)

I played for awhile when I was bored in the military, but nothing pro, just within the ranks when in Iceland. It started as a way to kill time in the absence of anything else to do at a remote site, so I can't relate to it being a passion as it must have been for you, but I moved away from that and my profession at the time, and hope that you can transition as well.

Good luck, and I'm sure life will have tons of battles for you, even outside of the ring.
Life. 'Nuf said :P
ok been playing a new game tonight - "Wher the **** did i put my graphics tablet pen !!" :(
Cordless power tools are all well and good, but I'm irritated that they are completely shoving corded tools off the store shelves. I gotta drill a whole mess of holes in steel, decent thickness and decent diameter, for a machine retrofit. Since there is a clearance problem, the only way to get a drill in there is to acquire a right-angle drill. Guess what - the only ones local where I'm working are stupid cordless versions. So I bought one this afternoon, plus two batteries. First battery was faulty. Second battery got through seven holes and went flat on the eighth. Plugged it into the charger and the charger stopped working. Looks like I wasn't meant to drill holes today.

Returned that one, picked up a different brand after work. Still no cord. Four different stores today and none had a right-angle drill with a cord. One of the stores had 30-some different drills and all were cordless.

Is it too much to ask that these tool manufacturers make cordless tools that have an optional plug-in adapter so you can run the thing all day long on a power cord if you need to? The batteries don't last long enough, don't have enough grunt, cost a mint, make the tool weigh more, make the tool larger... but gee, at least I don't need a $10 extension cord.
I hate tax season, just not a fun time of year, too much annoying shit to do and bad whether to top it off.
I think I may have psoriasis.
That's like really depressing.
Adzeth: I think I may have psoriasis.
Go play a multiplayer game and you'll stay ok.
Adzeth: I think I may have psoriasis.
Oh I'm sorry to hear that psoriasis

The best thing for it is:

Oatmeal baths may be soothing and may help to loosen scales. You can use over-the-counter oatmeal bath products. Or, you can mix 1 cup of oatmeal into a tub of warm water.

Sunlight may help your symptoms go away. Be careful not to get sunburned.

Relaxation and antistress techniques may be helpful. The link between stress and flares of psoriasis is not well understood, however.

Yeah people can stop down voting me now It's the real me come on now!
Post edited February 07, 2013 by fr33kSh0w2012
Dunno if it is psoriasis yet. It could just be a nasty kind of similar looking rash in the same place as a relative's psoriasis. The thought scares me, though.

If it starts getting bad or whatever, I'll go see a doctor and get proper treatment. I'm not going to take oatmeal baths, have sex with a hedgehog, or paint my nails yellow.

/edit: I showed it to someone I know who has psoriasis (as luck would have it, I know a few :p ), and she was like "pff, that's no psoriasis. that's like a fungus infection or something". She then gave me some skin lotion and really soft gloves that make me able to touch things without pain. Everything's cool, I was just freaking out over nothing again.
Post edited February 08, 2013 by Adzeth
I have to take my cat, who is 14, to the vet tomorrow. He's thrown up twice in the last two weeks as I recall, and today he's thrown up twice and has trouble passing stool. He never throws up that much; I'd take him right away but I don't think I have any way of getting him there. I hope he's alright, but he's old, and has had health problems before. I also slept less than four hours last night, and don't want to go to sleep in case something happens, and I need to be up early to call my parents for help.

Pets, you know how it is with them...
Not a bitch but just a random question

What happened to SimonG? Did he leave the forum for good? I just realized I haven't seen a post of his in awhile.

I sound like a weirdo for asking
Post edited February 09, 2013 by CaptainGyro