It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

itti: Why is it that as kids we could do what we wanted to do but as adults we just can't? Does everyone go through this process towards maturity? Seems more like resignation to me.
Kids dont think about limits, what possible or impossible. They just do what they like and what feels good.

When we become adults, we have this nasty habit of watching backwards with nostalgia and then sideways at how others are doing and then getting worried why "arent doing as well as they are doing". We start to feel like we are running out of time to do....something. And that feeling paralyzes and depresses many people.

---

Well, you know just few minutes ago I heard that our companys ICT boss died of illness, pretty young guy actually - forty something I believe. Well liked, sometime ago he went on sickness vacation and nobody thought much of it - and now suddenly he is dead. Just like that.

The point being - death happens and you never know when and you never know to whom. Maybe to you, maybe to me - maybe to some of your or my friends.

However, I dont think this kind of thing should be thought as negative thing "Awww everyone dies :Z" - but rather, realizing that we are here on this earth only for limited amount of time should make as realize that we have to live today. Right now in this moment - every day is precious. Learning from past is good, but worrying about spilt milk doesnt help anyone.

So value your life, value the people around you and if you want to do something, start doing it right now. Not tomorrow, for "tomorrow" tends to change to "day after" and then "never", because at some point we DO run out of time.

Dunno if it makes any sense, but my 2 cents.

-----

Then my own Bitching part:

A) (%#)(%#=?)"# Windows 8 installation failed and I am not feeling like I want to do anything about it.

B) Salmon is too expensive and has too much dioxin in it anyways.
Applying for a job im keen on. friend who works at place says "Oh just send your resume to me ill pass it on" (job ad was in paper via a recruiter but friend said they not going through recruiter)....a few days later friend calls "Hey you got called? got appointment? job applications close today (feb 1st - today), need to go through recruiter".. ****ing hell. This shite happens to me all the ****ing time.
You don't help me when i ask for your help .

Lesson learned . Never trust in people .

Don't expect any giveaways from me .
ne_zavarj: ...
Dude, I can't even ... Seriously? :D You ask twice for a RAGE DLC in a thread, no one responds to you (I for one didn't do so because RAGE is region locked in here as well,) and now people are evil because ... Ehm ... You didn't get your game. You know maybe - just maybe, and I know the thought is absurd - not all that many people are watching the said thread. And - now that's just a wild speculation territory, I know - those who are watching it are unable to help you. Shock, I know! Now, I know of an awesome thing you could do: Create a thread asking for help to get some attention to your issue. I know, mad!

I won't even go into the entire thing of nobody being entitled to help of others, especially when it comes to videogames.
Stuck in transit. =/ Sigh.
ne_zavarj: You don't help me when i ask for your help .

Lesson learned . Never trust in people .

Don't expect any giveaways from me .
Sorry I was probably sleeping. What do you need help with? Sorry I can't browse your earlier messages, as the GOG forum software doesn't give an option to search for someone's messages, as far as I know.

That's ok about the giveaways though, I never participate in them. "Something given has no value" or what did Rasczak say in that movie?
Post edited February 03, 2013 by timppu
iippo: Kids dont think about limits, what possible or impossible. They just do what they like and what feels good.

When we become adults, we have this nasty habit of watching backwards with nostalgia and then sideways at how others are doing and then getting worried why "arent doing as well as they are doing". We start to feel like we are running out of time to do....something. And that feeling paralyzes and depresses many people.
Very true. Although I know about this thought bubbles. I tend to get caught in them...

iippo: Well, you know just few minutes ago I heard that our companys ICT boss died of illness, pretty young guy actually - forty something I believe. Well liked, sometime ago he went on sickness vacation and nobody thought much of it - and now suddenly he is dead. Just like that.
I'm sorry to hear that.

iippo: The point being - death happens and you never know when and you never know to whom. Maybe to you, maybe to me - maybe to some of your or my friends.

However, I dont think this kind of thing should be thought as negative thing "Awww everyone dies :Z" - but rather, realizing that we are here on this earth only for limited amount of time should make as realize that we have to live today. Right now in this moment - every day is precious. Learning from past is good, but worrying about spilt milk doesnt help anyone.

So value your life, value the people around you and if you want to do something, start doing it right now. Not tomorrow, for "tomorrow" tends to change to "day after" and then "never", because at some point we DO run out of time.

Dunno if it makes any sense, but my 2 cents.
Makes very much sense. Thank you for your insight. I fear one component that leads to this apathy is exactly the realization that one isn't immortal. Every day could be your last so why would you spend it playing video games, drinking, watching tv etc... Shouldn't I be out there trying to fix the problems of the world, trying to help the poor and elderly? Shouldn't I be trying to move something or at least imprint myself on the world so that my death doesn't necessarily mean that I be forgotten? All in all it really doesn't seem to matter what one does or not does as the ultimate truth is that one will die and dead people seldom regret anything.
Block Story v.5 will be available on Desura on the next week .
Post edited February 03, 2013 by ne_zavarj
So, I've officially been up for 18 hours :( It's 5:10 AM here, I haven't gotten a wink of sleep since I got up today at 10, and.I have to get up in an hour and a half for school. Yep... insomnia sucks.
Listening Dire Straits.
Playing Natural Selection 2 (GREAT GAME).
Hawaii is too cold. =(
I was just side sprayed by a skunk that my dogs were having a little word with. Now I have to check for the rabies around here cause the little fucker was sitting next to me and it's dark here and I didn't see him. The dogs did. Acted like he was after the dog's water trough. Doesn't rabies have the opposite effect? (starts remembering scenes from Cujo)

One case reported so far locally in a skunk. Poor bastard. I hope he wasn't infected. By the time I got the gun loaded and back outside he had run off. Dogs came back. I'll just have to check them closely.
Post edited February 04, 2013 by the_bard
the_bard: I was just side sprayed by a skunk that my dogs were having a little word with. Now I have to check for the rabies around here cause the little fucker was sitting next to me and it's dark here and I didn't see him. The dogs did. Acted like he was after the dog's water trough. Doesn't rabies have the opposite effect? (starts remembering scenes from Cujo)

One case reported so far locally in a skunk. Poor bastard. I hope he wasn't infected. By the time I got the gun loaded and back outside he had run off. Dogs came back. I'll just have to check them closely.
If they weren't bitten shouldn't they be fine?
Post edited February 04, 2013 by orcishgamer
the_bard: I was just side sprayed by a skunk that my dogs were having a little word with. Now I have to check for the rabies around here cause the little fucker was sitting next to me and it's dark here and I didn't see him. The dogs did. Acted like he was after the dog's water trough. Doesn't rabies have the opposite effect? (starts remembering scenes from Cujo)

orcishgamer: If they weren't bitten shouldn't they be fine?
Yeah, as long as they aren't bitten they should be fine. I'm still calling around in the morning. This skunk was acting really strange. It has been dry here though, so he/she may have really been after the water or food.
orcishgamer: If they weren't bitten shouldn't they be fine?
the_bard: Yeah, as long as they aren't bitten they should be fine. I'm still calling around in the morning. This skunk was acting really strange. It has been dry here though, so he/she may have really been after the water or food.
We have a lot of wildlife here, the racoons are the worst, very aggressive. My ex-wife regularly caught them eating the dog's poop (guess I fed him pretty well). If I wouldn't have scared the neighbors shit-less I'd have shot the lot of those things, pests. The dog got a couple treed before I got him away from them. Beavers and the rest are pretty okay, except the gray squirrels, deceptively cute rats, fuck squirrels.
Post edited February 04, 2013 by orcishgamer