It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for taking part in our grand Vacation Quest, adventurers!

UPDATE: Wow. These have been two wild, adventurous, exciting weeks! More than 1000 deals going for up to -90% were made available throughout the Summer Sale, and you definitely showed them lots of love. Most hugs were given out to The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine and Wild Hunt, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, System Shock: Enhanced Edition, Shadowrun Hong Kong & Dragonfall, Pillars of Eternity + Expansion Pass, and Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

The most prominent huggers were featured in our XP Leaderboards and, after a suspenseful race, Hardman77, rwoodsmall, and leonmerts managed to secure the top three spots. Congrats, you guys, hope you enjoy the spoils!
If you want to know where you stand, you can still go to your experience page, and check the list of glory. The page will remain open for one more month, until July 22, so make sure to also redeem your free games until then.

Last but not least, our two GOG Plays events got our Twitch community all hot and bothered, as more than 50.000 unique viewers joined the madness, which peaked at over 1300 concurrent watchers. Objectives were completed, XP boosts got handed out, and fun times were had by all.

Thanks again for being part of the 2016 Summer Sale. Enjoy your hard-earned loot!

If you are looking for some sweet summer-y wallpapers, make sure to drop by our <span class="bold">imgur</span> page.
is there any use for xp points after sales? in other words, are xp points new feature for global gog, or just matter of actual sales?

i dont play adventures so i have little motivation to reach gabriel knight (just for gifting when there will be tons of it for those interested in it, anyway)
flanner: is there any use for xp points after sales?
Bragging rights? :P
apehater: does someone know, how many episodes/parts of kona are released/unreleased right now?
Kona isn't episodic. The game was originally called Kona: Day One, which made a lot of people think it was episodic, so they seem to just be calling it Kona now, to avoid confusion. The devs do have plans to use the setting for further standalone games, so it may eventually be a series, but for the moment it's best to view it as a single, self-contained game.

It's still in development. The devs are very active and open to communication - the last patch was about 3 weeks ago. I believe the current plans are to release it in August-September.

The game is currently in a playable state, looks pretty good (to me anyway) and apparently contains about a third of the plot. The other two thirds will be held back until the actual release date, to avoid spoiling the story before the game mechanics are polished. So if you want to be able to play it to completion, check back on it in about 3 months.
apehater: does someone know, how many episodes/parts of kona are released/unreleased right now?
zlep: Kona isn't episodic. The game was originally called Kona: Day One, which made a lot of people think it was episodic, so they seem to just be calling it Kona now, to avoid confusion. The devs do have plans to use the setting for further standalone games, so it may eventually be a series, but for the moment it's best to view it as a single, self-contained game.

It's still in development. The devs are very active and open to communication - the last patch was about 3 weeks ago. I believe the current plans are to release it in August-September.

The game is currently in a playable state, looks pretty good (to me anyway) and apparently contains about a third of the plot. The other two thirds will be held back until the actual release date, to avoid spoiling the story before the game mechanics are polished. So if you want to be able to play it to completion, check back on it in about 3 months.
thanks
flanner: is there any use for xp points after sales?
tinyE: Bragging rights? :P
i cant see whatever resembling bragging in the my post. i didnt think it like that. just question for information not included in the FAQ for xp points feature. if you dont know too, feel free not to react ;-)
I've been away on holidays. Has the Gothic series gone on sale yet? Did I miss it? I've been hanging for that to go cheap for a while now.
arrjayjee: I've been away on holidays. Has the Gothic series gone on sale yet? Did I miss it? I've been hanging for that to go cheap for a while now.
According to the FAQ, once something goes on sale then it will stay on sale throughout the remainder of the sale. So, just check the game pages for whatever you have in mind and that will tell you whether they are as of yet. Again, if they are on sale, then they will continue to be until the end of the sale.
tinyE: Bragging rights? :P
flanner: i cant see whatever resembling bragging in the my post. i didnt think it like that. just question for information not included in the FAQ for xp points feature. if you dont know too, feel free not to react ;-)
Seems to me "bragging rights" was an answer to your question of how the XP points could be used after the sale.

However, no, the XP is not to be used at all, not even during the sale. The XP is simply a gauge of how much money you've spent during the sale, and it's completely personal. No one else knows how much you have. The XP is not used. In essence, you spend a certain amount of money and you get the game they are giving away, but only if you want it (have to click the "redeem" button).

The badges are simply a means of getting people interested in viewing their account settings, or suggesting ways of telling other people about the sale, and so forth. In that sense the XP for clicking those links is free, except having to expend energy clicking the links.

Is that clear?

So from that, of course the XP won't be used for anything after the sale either. Not during, not after, never. It's just a theme or a meme, or a setting to a story. It's nothing.

I'm a bit dismayed more people don't ask about keeping their character. :-( People seem to care more about just a number for experiences instead of the character that had the experiences. :-(
Post edited June 13, 2016 by thomq
thomq:
Actually, according to one of the GOG Twitch Streamers, the XP can be used towards the purchase of games starting Thursday of this week. Apparently a whole heap of new releases are coming our way.
Post edited June 13, 2016 by Barry_Woodward
flanner: i cant see whatever resembling bragging in the my post. i didnt think it like that. just question for information not included in the FAQ for xp points feature. if you dont know too, feel free not to react ;-)
thomq: I'm a bit dismayed more people don't ask about keeping their character. :-( People seem to care more about just a number for experiences instead of the character that had the experiences. :-(
ok, just gauge of progress and no utilization after sales. it would be enough for answer. spare me, im quite dull person ungifted for english and its not easy for me to make head or tail of this gog environment.

thank u for info
thomq:
Barry_Woodward: Actually, according to one of the GOG Twitch Streamers, the XP can be used towards the purchase of games starting Thursday of this week. Apparently a whole heap of games are coming our way.
Is this for real? Pls respond.
Post edited June 13, 2016 by haydenaurion
Which of the streamers said that? O_o
flanner:
haydenaurion: Is this for real? Pls respond.
Nergal01: Which of the streamers said that? O_o
According to the Twitch Streamer Pieman here https://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/v/71675601?t=01h49m53s, "By doing different things, by either buying games or by doing specific events, like going to the GOG.com Twitter or by coming back next Thursday, I believe, for when we're going to have a little thing going down. You'll have the chance to unlock EXP points that you can then use to buy games."
Post edited June 13, 2016 by Barry_Woodward
Barry_Woodward: According to the Twitch Streamer Pieman here [url=https://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/v/71675601(an]https://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/v/71675601(an[/url] hour and fifty minutes in), "By doing different things, by either buying games or by doing specific events, like going to the GOG Twitter or by coming back next Thursday, I believe, for when we're going to have a little thing going down. You'll have the chance to unlock EXP points that you can then use to buy games."
I KNEW those free games were a bit easy to earn this time around for a reason. Hopefully this "little thing going down" turns out to be some big releases.
Barry_Woodward: According to the Twitch Streamer Pieman here https://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/v/71675601?t=01h49m53s, "By doing different things, by either buying games or by doing specific events, like going to the GOG.com Twitter or by coming back next Thursday, I believe, for when we're going to have a little thing going down. You'll have the chance to unlock EXP points that you can then use to buy games."
I've now followed the link and listened to that small segment a few times. I'm convinced he was just saying that buying Tharsis would net XP points. I'm also convinced that he was conflating the XP gauge that indicates games earned with the idea of those games being bought with XP. I think it's more accurate to say the three games offered are earned, not bought.

As for the event this upcoming Thursday, it seems to me he is hinting of simply another opportunity to get more XP points. For example, the events represented by the badges were opportunities. Also, the Twitch.tv event of planting a parsnip was another, which succeeded so all GOG members got 300 XP points. (If they had failed, then all GOG members would have gotten 100 XP.)

There is yet to be another Twitch.tv event with "Grim Fandango" and getting a specific balloon, so perhaps that's the event to which he's referring.
Post edited June 13, 2016 by thomq