It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

P-E-S: ... there's something quite appealing about the old display and its slightly ghosting graphics and its glow that is not as pronounced in the home version.
Watching someone else play at the arcade, gathering to bask in that cathode ray warmth, I do miss that. Great you have access to a cabinet still out in the wild. I'm dreaming of making a trip to Galloping Ghost Arcade and just staying for a week, at minimum.
A few more impressions from Skyrim.
Attachments:
Some screenshots from my current campaign in Fantasy General 2. One of the 'go-to' games i have.

It is quite a mess atm, but a lot of fun. After going through the last run fairly easy, i decided to bump up the difficulty and boy, was that the right choice.
The first five or six connected scenarios went pretty well. I did manage to lose a couple of key units, but nothing too serious. Until i entered the 7th scenario, where i managed to lose half my army, and a couple heroes. One died from an arrow and the other could not agree with a decision made... so he left.

The next chapter will be... interesting to say the least ^^

I do enjoy these, create your own band of heroes in the spirit of panzer general type of games. Different difficulties, choices that can change a playthrough on the fly when compared to a previous one. I guess most noteworthy was the ability to launch an early offensive against Moscow and invading Britain in Panzer Corps. My hope is that someday Slitherine (probably) will go for a reimagining of Star General too.
Attachments:
It is possible to pet your dog in Old World.
Attachments:
Managed to survive another 3 missions. Keeping the core alive is pretty straightforward. Those no defence, no clothes wearing idiotic berserkers are actually quite manageable once you get the hang of it. Keeping the secondary heroes alive or the more defensive aimed units is quite another story.

Other cool stuff that happened.

- Made an eagle riding barbarian chapter acknowledge me as the high king granting access to tamed eagles. This is a huge pro
- Saved a woman from the clutches of 2 evil witch sisters
- Found some relics belonging to one of the most lauded characters in oral history

The training area is also opened. The thing is, the more heroes follow you, alive, the more options for training you have. Still, it is always nice to be able to prepare units for some new operational parameters, even if this costs loads and loads of gold and resources.
Attachments:
Skyrim.

Picture 1: Me and my then newly assigned pack mu... ah housecarl Lydia. And no, that's not my preferred fashion. Just the cheapest armour.

Picture 2: Me sitting in my new house while Lydia couldn't take her eyes from the venison on the cupboard. Also new armour.

Picture 3: Nice landscape and some shrine.

Picture 4: Whiterun at night.
Attachments:
Yeah, I kinda forgot how soothingly beautiful skyrim could be.
Attachments:
sk1.jpg (450 Kb)
sk2.jpg (436 Kb)
Okay that one made me laugh.
Attachments:
gho2.jpg (451 Kb)
Another 4 missions, about 10 hours of real time spend, and still kicking.
To get right down to business.

The not so Cool.

- The woman we saved earlier offered her services. She died.
- A unit, 'Kleefers', madmen right with the cause from the start, died
- Lost many other veterans.
- Theft of Food

The Cool.

- Help arrived from the other side in a shape of a wise female spirit wolf named Yuma.
- The aquatic Lizards are helping us now, at least, some of them.
- We found a dragon's egg

The game's aft scenario screen allows for the magical resurrection of died units, at a cost of course, an offering so to speak. If this is not done, units will recruit fresh bodies against the cost of experience.

In a game that is really all about immersing your self,or at least, can be. I find it a shame the developers did not pick for either a graveyard, such as found in Darkest Dungeon, or a Hall of Fame for slain brethren, such as Xcom provides. I'm guessing that most people would appreciate a chance to either bask in the results of their slain heroes or at least would like to tive some thought of those courages beings that joined the cause for x days or from, date x to date y right?
Maybe FG III.
Attachments:
Post edited December 18, 2022 by Zimerius
And with a final scream, this last run comes to a very unwelcome end.
Attachments:
"I'm shaking! I'm shaking!" ...aka Quake Enhanced

Been some years since I've last played. I'm actually quite liking this new version. Definitely like the somewhat smoother enemy animation. The pseudo-stop-motion thing of the original always looked a bit weird to me. *shrug* Just finished up the base game and its first expansion. Yeah, I'm kind a playing in order. Having fun so far. :)
Attachments:
dope.jpg (403 Kb)
evil.jpg (412 Kb)
massacre.jpg (326 Kb)
hmmm.jpg (339 Kb)
splat.jpg (324 Kb)
Cthulhu Saves Christmas - store link

I just defeated Jack Frost, who leaves due to being summoned to some other game franchise after telling me about R'lyehtionships.
Attachments:
savexmas.jpg (433 Kb)
Skyrim.
Attachments:
Managed to bring an onslaught campaign to a good end. Demon portal closed, humanity save once again.
Attachments:
This instantly made me think of the whining about Rance in one thread here..
Attachments:
games.jpg (164 Kb)