It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The sky is still beautiful.
Attachments:
unreal_2.jpg (372 Kb)
Real Time Training Pt.3

TRUST

This time we find ourselves in the ruins of the old world. Chaos invades, countries need to be solidified under one banner. Dwarfs and Elves remain sworn enemies and you know, i'm not an empire player! I mean, who needs artillery if the enemy reaches you in manners of seconds???

With the prelude to the true chaos invasions, barbarians pour forth out of their glaciered mountains. And with them follows the spawn of chaos, both beast and more deamon likes. It is pretty hard to fight against those monstrous barbarians, hardened by both combat and environment. Coming at your regulars with both massive 2 handed axes and long Glaives. Try charging that ya know?!?! And this is just the prelude.

The interesting part is that i actually need to use tactics, on a strategic level that is, to make the most of my available forces. So far had 3 encounters, of which 2 i managed valiant defeats while keeping most of the army composition intact, though of course with a lot less assets per unit involved. The 3d encounter was special in its way since I bold headedly decided to autoresolve the encounter, knowing that the outcome would favour my forces in a manner I can never reach when playing not the partizan.

Of course autoresolving is not real timing, so I've taken it up myself to engage and to keep engaged without takin any shortcuts no more!
Attachments:
After one hell of a busy day I'm checking out CDDA again (even though I'm half asleep). Opted for my favorite start: Really Bad Day - Means the apocalypse hit while I was in the shower, and in the panic and confusion I rand into the local zoo gift shop for shelter wearing nothing but a wet towel. To top it off I'm suffering from influenza, and have an infected wound.

First order of business is to find antibiotics to fight the infection. Or rather that is the second order of business. First I need to find a safe place to sleep to gather some strength so that I can go out and search for antibiotics. A nearby residential tower could provide safe sanctuary.
But first I climbed to the roof of a local pawn shop, which for some reason contains the camp of another survivor who is nowhere in sight. Might've hit the jackpot though, since whoever it was also brought a wood axe up with them, which is an absolutely devastating melee weapon.

edit: nevermind, I forgot what annoyed me so much last time I played - they absolutely nuked stamina in this game. You can only run a couple of houselengths before you are winded and become easy prey for whatever is chasing you. It's annoying and makes the game far less fun.
Attachments:
Post edited March 12, 2022 by Matewis
Things are getting intense with this guy (The Witcher 3).
Attachments:
baron.jpg (431 Kb)
Post edited March 12, 2022 by ConsulCaesar
Looks like a quiet place.
Attachments:
avernum3.jpg (272 Kb)
Janky Sword-fight Simulator ...aka Kingdom Come: Deliverance continued

I'm still knee-deep in KCD. As much as I enjoy the world, characters, and story... that combat can be pure and utterly frustrating shit at times. Good luck coming out on top when fighting three people while the lock mechanism decides it wants to do its own thing (a standard target switch button would have easily remedied that; you also can't easily break off an engagement since as long as Henry's sword is out it wants to auto-lock even when trying to turn him around), the camera can be nausea-inducing when you get turned around by an enemy counter, and enemies can easily pummel you to death with just one slight mistake while often having perfect defense. =/ I sincerely hope if there is a sequel they'll improve/overhaul the combat mechanics. Supposedly they were going for realism, but it feels at times like a janky load of crap. *sigh*

That may sound like I'm not enjoying the game, but I actually am. These very frustrating moments just get to me.
Attachments:
lovely.jpg (367 Kb)
hmm.jpg (414 Kb)
The Legend of Marian ...aka Tunic
While Tunic certainly borrows quite a bit from the earlier Zelda games, it definitely is its own thing. Combat for one is a bit more involved but not overly complicated. The game looks absolutely lovely - now this is using depth-of-field the right way - with a decent soundtrack adding good ambiance. I really like how the collectable (and necessary) in-game manual provides me with clues and maps as I progress. It has some adorable character art... and a lot of rune gibberish. ;)
Attachments:
trying not to lose my sense in

Distant Worlds 2

The game is certainly an improvement over its predecessor, even in this still early stage of testin and recalibration. though its numerous users are expected to not only battle resource deficits and angry alien nations, but also need to cope with graphical failures of all sorts. not to mention game lag and aloof in-game mechanics. the early result still manages to be both captivating and shocking at various moments. game pace is slow, a bit more in the range of Polaris Sector then, lets say a game of Stellaris. overheard some veterans from DWU talking about how even they, characters of legend and haze speeds, managed to accumulate 40 hours only to end up mid game with the previous game knowing full rounds of 'only' 20 hours.
diplomacy works, per race you can either set expectancy or let the advisors decide for you. Befriend, Conquer, Undermine seem to be the flavours of choice in this game and serve as either a guideline for your sake or as a rule set to behave on, for your command staff and sneaky spy'rs. Ignore might be an option too though i would warn you, friendly, to not behave in a too much of an isolationist fashion.
While flawed, the current product is most certainly worth's anyone's time... and only time will tell into what this behemoth of space will transform into,
hoping it will be at least lag free
Attachments:
dw_2_3.jpg (350 Kb)
CDDA in 1440p? Could get used to this :D
Zimerius: trying not to lose my sense in

Distant Worlds 2

Tried it for 5 minutes, but the performance is pretty terrible. For reference, I can play Stelaris and Endless Space 2 fairly ok on my system.

It looks great though, but I'm going to sit and wait for patches.
Attachments:
Post edited March 19, 2022 by Matewis
Matewis: CDDA in 1440p? Could get used to this :D
Zimerius: trying not to lose my sense in

Distant Worlds 2

Matewis: Tried it for 5 minutes, but the performance is pretty terrible. For reference, I can play Stelaris and Endless Space 2 fairly ok on my system.

It looks great though, but I'm going to sit and wait for patches.
yea , this is a whole other ballgame. those calculations really mock up the entire playing field. The same happened in Shadow Empire, with turn times of about 30 minutes, i belief they did manage to decrease turn times here and there but i never went back for another try, maybe when i'm truly senior ;)

I'm now in a situation where everything runs pretty much ok, the visuals lag behind a bit and sometimes you see a halt in the date progression for a part of a second which is a bit bad but i also have a 3 sided conflict going and if multiple fleets from different empires are fighting in one system i need to decrease gamespeed to a quarter to avoid major hickups, the game literally freezes for 10 to 15 seconds. but only if i want to view the battles going on. If i stay at galaxy level it is pretty much fine, a little bad :p

if this continues i either shall start another game in a smaller galaxy or revert back to stellaris.. it seems that game changed again, even have a new dlc upcoming, overlords i belief it is called
Damn, openttd looks amazing in 1440p

https://imgur.com/a/U7xD2xi

Zimerius: ...
I decided to held off on Stelaris for a bit, after they made some, what seemed to me, to be unpopular game changes around population growth. Wanted to see how it panned out first.

Though if I ever decide to talk a grand strategy again I might just opt for Crusader Kings 2/3 again. Or Distant Worlds 2 if I can make it playable on my system.
Post edited March 19, 2022 by Matewis
Matewis: Damn, openttd looks amazing in 1440p

https://imgur.com/a/U7xD2xi

Zimerius: ...
Matewis: I decided to held off on Stelaris for a bit, after they made some, what seemed to me, to be unpopular game changes around population growth. Wanted to see how it panned out first.

Though if I ever decide to talk a grand strategy again I might just opt for Crusader Kings 2/3 again. Or Distant Worlds 2 if I can make it playable on my system.
New hardware? yea same here, i finally feel comfortable playing total war warhammer 2, a 2017 game :p
Zimerius: New hardware? yea same here, i finally feel comfortable playing total war warhammer 2, a 2017 game :p
Yup, finally decided on a new monitor. Got an extra 18 inches on the diagonal :)
The Legend of Gail: Flute of the Present ...aka Phoenotopia: Awakening

Bought at the time of release and I'm just now getting around to playing it. Whoops! ;) A fun platformer so far.
Attachments:
sure_sure.jpg (330 Kb)
Zimerius: New hardware? yea same here, i finally feel comfortable playing total war warhammer 2, a 2017 game :p
Matewis: Yup, finally decided on a new monitor. Got an extra 18 inches on the diagonal :)
damn, that's like, a major improvement, gladius shines too in 2k, and, if i'm not mistaken, is pretty optimized