It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Observation

This is all I can share without spoiling anything.
Attachments:
What a shame, what a shame, something happened, not entirely sure what it to blame, maybe some hardware issue or a program to delicate to be called a game, but it failed, suddenly the galaxy shifted, maybe it was some alien who broke the magical inertia rules, creating a vortex something imaginable powerful breaking galaxy's law's, for only a moment that changed the entire layer of existence, a pebble missing here, a different colored fish there, maybe even a human, known and loved by his family, in the growth of his live ridden from existence, to have died on a previous unknown spot... such are the ways... but really, this one stings.... i was really getttin into the game, had a tactical retreat, to keep those precious capital ships safe while i redesigned a plan where i would maximize the technology advantage i had over the others, build additional fleets, terrorize some other planets, maybe even be really mean by ordering bombardments on strategically important worlds... all for naught now.

Goodbye Galciv 3, you never where truly a friend i presume, always failing when i needed you most.. maybe i'll have a go at 4 or let your remains be enjoyed by those that do have found the magical word!
Zimerius:
Lost your save?

Your posts about GalCiv 3 made me consider having another go at GalCiv 2 again after more than twelve years of not touching it.
More eye candy from Quake 2 RTX. :) Check especially the first screenshot. It doesn't represent the full quality of RTX lighting seen live, but it's the best that can be provided on a static image.
Attachments:
Post edited August 30, 2021 by Sarafan
Sarafan: More eye candy from Quake 2 RTX. :) Check especially the first screenshot. It doesn't represent the full quality of RTX lighting seen live, but it's the best that can be provided on a static image.
Looking at those screenshots I can only imagine how surreal it must feel to play, especially for a Q2 veteran.
One game that would definitely benefit from such a treatment though is the first Unreal, especially the Nali Castle flyby !

OT, improved my merging track a bit. Seems to be working much better now and quite capable of handling high volumes. At first I messed up this particular grain and livestock network, in which I got frequent traffic jams when trying to merge the two kinds of trains. In the end I realised it was because a fully loaded grain train was nearly twice as heavy as a fully loaded livestock train. So very different accelerations were the culprit.
Attachments:
Post edited August 30, 2021 by Matewis
I Am Legend... aka Tomb Raider: Legend

Last time I played this was on a Gamecube? Good times. The game might look its age, but it still has some spectacular lighting and rather nice water reflections in places. :)
Attachments:
tombing.jpg (264 Kb)
Wasteland 2 Director's Cut
Attachments:
w2dc1a.jpg (463 Kb)
w2dc2a.jpg (484 Kb)
w2dc3a.jpg (471 Kb)
Zimerius:
Themken: Lost your save?

Your posts about GalCiv 3 made me consider having another go at GalCiv 2 again after more than twelve years of not touching it.
Sometimes it feels like the whole world is in a conspiracy against some of my gaming adventures, 17 years old windows operators that life in India and try to sneak into my 'feed' to let their gaming dads know new tricks, or to let them know that i really really suck at gaming, or maybe some overachiever on the developers side who only wanted to create a better challenge or that ancient hacker dude that's has me and all of his network on displays checking out their every move occasionally changing shit for the worse by accident or just for sheer fun .....

But yea, saves don't seem to help at all, once those specific bugs are happening it does not matter what i try or do.

Such a shame really, i was really enjoying myself... maybe i give galciv another try in a couple of weeks, off line and maybe with the help of ' gaming mode ' you know where all programs that don't add to a gaming experience are shut off. I know my aorus motherboard came with a program that does just that, and one of those benchmarking apps does the same too. Norton also has a way of doin stuff while i'm working soo there's that ofc.
Matewis: Looking at those screenshots I can only imagine how surreal it must feel to play, especially for a Q2 veteran.
One game that would definitely benefit from such a treatment though is the first Unreal, especially the Nali Castle flyby !
I fully agree! The first Unreal could be a wonderful benchmark for ray tracing. It would benefit immensely from the technology. And I think that a Quake 2 fan would see a new game in Quake 2 RTX. The visuals have improved so much that it's hard to recognize the game... If we're talking about graphics that is, because the gameplay is still good old Quake 2. :)
Inside
Attachments:
inside_01.jpg (427 Kb)
inside_02.jpg (467 Kb)
inside_03.jpg (444 Kb)
inside_04.jpg (437 Kb)
Sarafan: I fully agree! The first Unreal could be a wonderful benchmark for ray tracing. It would benefit immensely from the technology. And I think that a Quake 2 fan would see a new game in Quake 2 RTX. The visuals have improved so much that it's hard to recognize the game... If we're talking about graphics that is, because the gameplay is still good old Quake 2. :)
Or Quake 4, now that'd I'd love to see! I still think it has one of the best FPS single player experiences out there.

OT, trying out contraption maker. Hopefully it's as good as TIM, but it's still too early to tell.
Attachments:
puzzle.jpg (404 Kb)
Here is my first attempt in Townscapers. A cute little block of houses. :-)

I don't know why it isn't possible to attach a picture so here is a link
Post edited September 02, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Next up in the grand strategy scheme, another game long overdue for a finishing move....

Total War Rome 2, Imperial Edition

The game still looks very beautiful, though a very different challenge from CA's current line-up it will be interesting to see how the end game will look. As an additional challenge I decided on enabling realism settings for the tactical battles. All to ensure an equal battlefield can be created against the fast but limited, compared to a regular human, AI.

VENI !
Attachments:
Designed a big all-in-one terminus station, that takes as input, and outputs two high density lines. One for grain and the other for livestock. Works very well, but I think the service depot configuration can be improved.
Attachments:
Where in the World is Lara Croft.... aka Tomb Raider: Underworld

Continuing my tomb-raiding bonanza - I forgot how short Legend was - I'm on to the last game of the first reboot. It's a shame they never actually got to complete that story line. =/

Definitely the best looking of those three, especially since its graphics isn't a bugged mess: Legend looked a bit off with its plasticy looks and some downright glitchy graphics, which is why I ended up downgrading to the somewhat flatter-looking but working simple shaders, and in Anniversary anything but the basic options just gave me black screens. *shrug*

Anyway, this is another one I haven't played in a long time, so it's nice to revisit. Globe-trotting with Lara is always a pleasure. :)
Matewis: Works very well, but I think the service depot configuration can be improved.
Service depots? More like magic building-hats! It's a miracle how much train can fit in one of those.
Attachments:
deep_dive.jpg (112 Kb)
Post edited September 01, 2021 by Mr.Mumbles