It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

She Sees Red

The most amazingly realistic graphics I've ever seen!
Attachments:
Hime??!!

Hime?!?!

HIME!!!!!

3d try @ still going. ramped 30 hours in this game since last week, i actually had thought of spending some vacation time with that other indie hit starsector but, since it did not receive any updates and Himeko Sutori's premise is actually for the moment enthralling enough to satisfy a certain dumb grind desire while managing 100+ characters into the ultimate battlegroup design
Attachments:
Currently playing Wonderful Dizzy, a new Dizzy game that the Oliver Twins released just last year. It's the 8th game in the main Dizzy series and is only available on ZX Spectrum (so must be played using an emulator).

The game is based on the Wonderful Wizard of Oz, except with Dizzy instead of Dorothy. It's really cool! It looks beautiful (in its charming 8-bit way) and the music is great. I'm just getting into it and some of the puzzles seem quite devious. I will try to post a short review once I have finished it.

It is available as a free download from yolkfolk.com.
Attachments:
Made a tiny jet to put on a rocket and deliver anywhere on Kerbin.
Attachments:
Deponia

It's currently available in The Community Giveaway - GOG Edition Redux.
Attachments:
deponia.jpg (463 Kb)
Improved the big coal station, that collects the output from several coal mines, and then uses the central 5 station tracks to transport it to a distant power plant. Upgrading to monorail and maglev would make simplify matters, because they can carry more cargo for some reason, but I definitely prefer this look. Looks more industrial.
Attachments:
Ice_Mage: Deponia

It's currently available in The Community Giveaway - GOG Edition Redux.
I played Deponia a few months back and really enjoyed it. It seems like a really fun modern point and click, with some funny characters and good puzzles :-)
The original Metro 2033.

https://i.imgur.com/cLrsprc.jpg
Post edited August 11, 2021 by Abedsbrother
Expanded the coal dropoff station yet again, this time noticing that path based signals aren't the panacea they appeared to be in the beginning. Entry and exit signals work better at some stations, and normal block signals work most everywhere else.
Attachments:
Spoke too soon. Noticed that not having a full train length worth of free track after the station, and before the two junctions where 4 rails turn to 1, caused a slowdown effect since trains only left the station if the junction was clear. Modified the station to correct this, and saw a big boost in efficiency. It's doing about 7000 tons of coal a month, but I think that is about the maximum, unless I want to add a third incoming line, or figure out how to do high speed merging.
Attachments:
Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia. It's currently on sale at -90%. The scene in the screenshot is a reference to The Whispered World.
Attachments:
deponia2.jpg (486 Kb)
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!
Attachments:
Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia. It's currently on sale at -90%.
Attachments:
deponia3.jpg (499 Kb)
Ice_Mage: Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia. It's currently on sale at -90%.
Wow, you're racing through those! What do you think of 2 and 3? I've only played the first one so far.

I definitely enjoyed the first game, although one issue I had with it was that I thought the ending was a bit weak and anti-climactic.
Post edited August 15, 2021 by Time4Tea
Time4Tea: Wow, you're racing through those! What do you think of 2 and 3? I've only played the first one so far.

I definitely enjoyed the first game, although one issue I had with it was that I thought the ending was a bit weak and anti-climactic.
I've played the whole series before. It's bound to go a little faster when you have some vague recollection of how things are supposed to go.

Deponia
I found a few things to appreciate here and there. There's one bugged achievement, but it's easy to unlock if you look up the solution.

Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia
I didn't like it overall. I found Goal completely insufferable this time around, the character described in the first game was beyond reprehensible, I couldn't tolerate Rufus' actions in the rebel hideout, and some illogical puzzles were infuriating. To top things off, there are two bugged achievements that wasted a lot of my time and required me to downgrade and replay, then upgrade again in order to unlock.

Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia
Easily the one I liked the most. Right from the start, it didn't get on my nerves. Goal's attitude is no longer an issue. I had to mentally juggle fewer locations, inventory items and bits of NPC dialogue all at once. There have been just a few puzzles that made no sense to me, and quite a few that did. I appreciated that. I managed to tune out Rufus' instances of being an awful monster, plus he gets a redemption arc of sorts -- or as close as this series gets to that. I enjoyed a fair bit of the story and would've found the ending acceptable had it been executed better (not shoehorning in humor would've helped). As far as I can tell, this was to be the last installment in the series.
When I hit a bugged achievement, Daedalic support sent me an automated reply on the 15th and since then nothing. Thankfully someone on the forum helped me out.

Deponia 4: Deponia Doomsday
Snipped this since my recollection was off the mark. I made a new post with my opinion after replaying it and my overall thoughts on the series.
Post edited August 19, 2021 by Ice_Mage