It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Attachments:
Coal transport lines were prone to massive backups, so I tried to rebuild it to automatically absorb an overflow of trains at the pickup point. This seems to work quite well, with trains piling up in the depots instead of on the tracks. 4 lines merging after the station seems a bit much though. Might have to do 3 sets of 3 lines merging instead.
Redesigned the delivery point station as well, so that trains leave in the same direction that they came in. It's a bit less efficient, but it looks cooler
Attachments:
frogthroat: Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
I know that saying from Assassins Creed (the first game) but the screenshot doesn't look like it. So which game is it?
Post edited August 17, 2021 by viperfdl
Been playing Lyne off and on for quite a while. Only have 6 puzzles left in the Z set!
Attachments:
viperfdl: I know that saying from Assassins Creed (the first game) but the screenshot doesn't look like it. So which game is it?
Assassin's Creed Valhalla DLC Siege of Paris.

That's the palace where in actual Paris is Palais de Justice de Paris.
Post edited August 18, 2021 by frogthroat
Just never satisfied with these two station. Expanded both again, but this time with only 3 lines merging.
Attachments:
Post edited August 18, 2021 by Matewis
viperfdl: I know that saying from Assassins Creed (the first game) but the screenshot doesn't look like it. So which game is it?
frogthroat: Assassin's Creed Valhalla DLC Siege of Paris.

That's the palace where in actual Paris is Palais de Justice de Paris.
Ah, ok. Too bad that every AC after the first one will most likely never become DRM-free.
Post edited August 18, 2021 by viperfdl
Seems I'm perpetually cursed to never be satisfied with my coal drop-off station. Not sure how I conjured this monstrosity, but it works. Compared to the previous design, this uses less station lines (12 instead of 18) for the same amount of traffic, however trains don't (ever hopefully) have to wait for another train to enter the station.
Attachments:
The lack of symmetry really bugged me before, but this time I think I'm actually done :P The 5 coal mines feeding this power plant have maxed out production it seems, yet there's no overflow of coal at the big source station. 90 trains are dropping off the coal here, and as far as I can tell no train ever has to wait for another train to do a drop-off.
Attachments:
Deponia 4: Deponia Doomsday
I'd rank this one above Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia but below Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia. The artwork is even better than before and I enjoyed the premise and much the story. Unfortunately, the premise also comes with a lot of repetition built-in by design, which I found both tedious and confusing. Too many puzzles that annoyed me and exhausted my patience quickly. Goal is once again obnoxious for the most part, and by the time she wasn't, I didn't like her anymore. Without getting into specifics about the ending, I will just say that if you didn't like the ending of the previous game, you probably won't like this ending any better. Overall, it was quite creative and fairly good. That's no small feat for an apparently unplanned sequel.
No bugged achievements in this one, just one of the worst achievements I've ever seen.

The series overall
Simply put, if you like point-and-click adventure games, play them all. The artwork is constantly very nice. A lot of the writing is good. It feels like multiple chapters of one story, which is more than can be said for sequels in general. It made me laugh more than once. At times the puzzles make logical sense and progress flows smoothly. If that's not enough to convince you, the whole series is frequently on sale at -90%.
Attachments:
deponia4.jpg (482 Kb)
Ice_Mage: if you like point-and-click adventure games,
Deponia is great. Well, most Daedalic games are great. I'm sure you've played others from them.

But I see you're a man of culture. I would recommend two games:
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure
Bear With Me: The Complete Collection

Gibbous is a humoristic game - not a horror game, although the name would indicate so. But it is clear the team has read their fair share of Lovecraft. As a Lovecraft fan I thoroughly enjoyed the myriad of references.

Bear With Me is a funny noir game, where you would think it is for kids as you play as a teddy bear. But it gets dark towards the end. Really dark. There was one achievement that was broken, but the developers fixed it a short while ago. (It's shorter than 15h. I helped them to pinpoint the achievement bug and that's why it increased my playtime.)
Attachments:
(Attaching another Deponia 4: Deponia Doomsday screenshot to keep things on-topic)
frogthroat: Deponia is great. Well, most Daedalic games are great. I'm sure you've played others from them.

But I see you're a man of culture. I would recommend two games:
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure
Bear With Me: The Complete Collection
Sorry, Bear With Me doesn't look like something I'd like. The solitary 2-star review reinforces my impression. Kudos to you for spending time helping developers fix a bug!

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure has been on my wishlist for a while. I don't expect to buy it any time soon though, since both my backlog and wishlist have ballooned out of proportion. Another game in the same genre on my wishlist is Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love, though it doesn't look as promising.

After Mad Max -- and thank you again for the gift -- I noticed that we both also like Monkey Island. It was my fondness for The Curse of Monkey Island that made me interested in another cartoony point-and-click adventure. They're quite rare and good ones even rarer.

I recently played The Whispered World.
Apart from that and the Deponia series, I'm probably going to replay The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav and Memoria at some undetermined point in the future.
I also bought but don't know when I'll ever play Night of the Rabbit. I'm worried it might be aimed at too young an audience for me to enjoy.
Attachments:
Post edited August 19, 2021 by Ice_Mage
Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' Shootin' High Class Spelunker... aka Tomb Raider Anniversary

It's about time it came to GOG. My favorite entry in the franchise. :)
Attachments:
loot.jpg (247 Kb)
Today I didn't exactly play... I was more walking/driving around and watching the scenery (scenery.jpg). A bit of fighting, but the main focus was just admiring the city.

Ice_Mage: Sorry, Bear With Me doesn't look like something I'd like. The solitary 2-star review reinforces my impression. Kudos to you for spending time helping developers fix a bug!
It also helped me to get the last achievement. And if there is a puzzle, I must solve it. This was kind of a real-life puzzle.

But yeah, if it doesn't interest, it doesn't interest. I picked it up without knowing anything about it beforehand -- just because it was on discount and it's a point-and-click. But I was happily surprised. At first I was amused by how some kid's teddy bear is a hard boiled detective, noir style. And damn, that thing gets heavy at the end. Well, I was reading Chris Moore's Noir at the time so a noir game probably hit the right spot.

Ice_Mage: Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure has been on my wishlist for a while. I don't expect to buy it any time soon though, since both my backlog and wishlist have ballooned out of proportion. Another game in the same genre on my wishlist is Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love, though it doesn't look as promising.
From these two... Gibbous. Hands down. Gibbous is great. Irony Curtain is also pretty good. It's fun satire, fun puzzles, cartoony, but sometimes a bit too on the nose with the satire. It's still definitely worth playing.

You're from Romania? Gibbous does have some easter eggs in Romanian in it.

Ice_Mage: After Mad Max -- and thank you again for the gift --
Aww... you're embarrassing me now. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Ice_Mage: I noticed that we both also like Monkey Island.
What gave it away? ;)

Ice_Mage: They're quite rare and good ones even rarer.
Hm. Yes. I assume you have played all the Lucasfilm/Sierra games from way back when. And Broken Sword series, probably.

The Secret Files is a pretty ok series. A collection is on sales at the moment. It's not the best but it is a quite fun adventure series.

If you don't mind pixel art in the 21st century, Wadjet Eye's Blackwell series is great. I really liked the story. It's in 5 parts and together they actually tell a larger story. I would recommend adding these to your wishlist. They are sometimes on sale. This is one of my favourite indie point-and-click series.
First four games. And the conclusion.

And speaking of pixel art, you probably have played Thimbleweed Park. After playing that I so wish Disney would give Monkey Island rights back to Ron Gilbert.

Ice_Mage: I'm probably going to replay The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav and Memoria at some undetermined point in the future.
Stunning graphics! Absolutely beautiful.

Ice_Mage: I also bought but don't know when I'll ever play Night of the Rabbit. I'm worried it might be aimed at too young an audience for me to enjoy.
Well... yes. It is for a bit younger audience. But it has the beautiful hand-drawn Daedalic graphics, at least.
Attachments:
gibbous.jpg (91 Kb)
scenery.jpg (389 Kb)
Mr.Mumbles: Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' Shootin' High Class Spelunker... aka Tomb Raider Anniversary

It's about time it came to GOG. My favorite entry in the franchise. :)
Ah the memories :) Perhaps my favorite in that series as well. Legend was also very good though.