It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Caesar.: Let's watch the episode first and then decide if it was worth it or not. He is only appearing in flashbacks, after all.
Considering how bad the entire first season was there is no reason to not assume they will f**k this up too.
Trailer for season 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZGUl_RHuzE

God, I don't think I've ever seen a show trying to course correct this hard. The only thing missing is a shot of the showrunner just kneeling in front of the camera and saying "I promise this season is going to be fun and adventure and bright and not dark war full of cannibalism and gore! Please please please give us another chance!".
Why does Captain Pike wear a yellow TOS-style uniform while everyone else wears blue uniforms?
morolf: Why does Captain Pike wear a yellow TOS-style uniform while everyone else wears blue uniforms?
Well, that's the only good thing I can say about this trailer. At least they are making some (minor) effort to have right kind of uniforms for the era.

Okay, I also kind of semi-liked the gray alien in the turbolift. It has always been a "real" race of aliens that has been seriously underused in Star Trek. I was afraid that it's gonna be some embarassingly bad comical relief... and indeed it was.

Otherwise there was a load of bad acting, unbelievable overuse of CGI, and desperate attempts to tie the mess in the TOS canon. As far as the plot and character development goes, I think we saw all of that in the trailer.

Star Trek is dead. At least they should let it rest in piece.
morolf: Why does Captain Pike wear a yellow TOS-style uniform while everyone else wears blue uniforms?
PixelBoy: Well, that's the only good thing I can say about this trailer. At least they are making some (minor) effort to have right kind of uniforms for the era.

Okay, I also kind of semi-liked the gray alien in the turbolift. It has always been a "real" race of aliens that has been seriously underused in Star Trek. I was afraid that it's gonna be some embarassingly bad comical relief... and indeed it was.

Otherwise there was a load of bad acting, unbelievable overuse of CGI, and desperate attempts to tie the mess in the TOS canon. As far as the plot and character development goes, I think we saw all of that in the trailer.

Star Trek is dead. At least they should let it rest in piece.
There are always fan productions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_fan_productions
The stark contrast between this trailer and the the "Prelude to Axanar," shows that CBS really does not understand the franchise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W1_8IV8uhA
Breja: Move on. Move to some new, continuity-free area of space like the Delphic Expanse in Enterprise. Time travel to post Nemesis future. Jump dimensions permanently to some whole new universe. Just move on for fuck's sake.
the more things change, the more they remain the same
Breja: Move on. Move to some new, continuity-free area of space like the Delphic Expanse in Enterprise. Time travel to post Nemesis future. Jump dimensions permanently to some whole new universe. Just move on for fuck's sake.
LordMarlock: the more things change, the more they remain the same
Every rose has its thorns.
I enjoyed the first season despite its flaws. Then again, I wasn't expecting much, and I'm far from a Trekkie uber-nerd. Guess I'll have to wait until Season 2 wraps up so I can watch it with a one-month-only subscription. I was able to watch the first for free during my quickly-cancelled trial period. Screw CBS All Access.
Breja: Trailer for season 2
Looks like someone is taking notes from The Orville. :D

Genuinely think Season 2 will be much better than Season 1 but regardless if it's good or bad I'm gonna watch it cause it's Star Trek.
BenKii: Genuinely think Season 2 will be much better than Season 1
I think so too, mostly because pretty much any change has to be better than season 1. Unforutnately, there's a lot of room between "better than season 1" and "any good".
Mr.Mumbles: I enjoyed the first season despite its flaws. Then again, I wasn't expecting much, and I'm far from a Trekkie uber-nerd. Guess I'll have to wait until Season 2 wraps up so I can watch it with a one-month-only subscription. I was able to watch the first for free during my quickly-cancelled trial period. Screw CBS All Access.
I was pretty entertained by season 1 as well. It definitely has its issues and the purists have good reason to complain, but I'll keep watching. There isn't a lot of decent sci-fi on and this is one of the best available. The actors all do a damn fine job with what they're given and the show itself looks beautiful. I also did the same thing you did and crammed the whole 1st season into my free trial. I'll suck it up and pay for their shit service this time around and see if I can cram the 2nd season in whatever their minimum subscription option is.
BenKii: Looks like someone is taking notes from The Orville. :D
Wait, Discovery will start making pop-culture references that stopped being relevant after 2005? ;D
DaCostaBR: Wait, Discovery will start making pop-culture references that stopped being relevant after 2005? ;D
Well, it's better than political statements started after 2014.
I know you wanna sell subs but release this on blu-ray please so I can watch it FFS.
Anyone watch the "Short Trek" for Discovery that came on a few days ago? I thought the first one they released was pretty meh to me but then again I wasn't expecting much from a 15 minute episode.

Breja ought to love this episode, it's all about Tilly, his favorite character of all time. /sarcasm