It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Ungunbu: it's as simple as chaning 1 line in the javascript, really
I think most of us prefer to do it the ethical/moral /proper way
Post edited November 14, 2013 by nijuu
Flam3crow: I assume you're doing that, based on how you keep saying that.
wrong, i know how to do it but i'm not doing it because it's cheating
Cmon, Rise of the Triad...
nijuu: I think most of us prefer to do it the ethical/moral way
me too i just have the knowledge to cheat but i don't do that
Fezred: Offers like BG2 for two bucks is fantastic and I've snapped up such deals in unhealthy amounts!
Yes, bought the game at retail and then I bought the collection (the only one I didn´t have was the expansions). Still haven´t played the first one since the damn thing crashed like crazy for me, thx to mods like Totu that is a problem of the past=). Will probably buy the enchanced games when they are on sale=).
Post edited November 14, 2013 by CorranHorn
wanderlust76: Can't believe all this whining about free games and the sale and %$#@ you kids these days don't appreciate anything we never had anything like this back when I was younger! We had the bargain bin at CompUSA or Babbage's that was it!
Babbages...... Just.... can't.

*thud*

Thank you for reminding me how old I am. I managed to forget Babbages existed. And it was still around in the 90s..... which seem so long ago now. :)

I find the complaining about not getting freebies amusing. They kind of overlook the multitude of games some of us are looking forward to playing for A DOLLAR!
Flam3crow: I assume you're doing that, based on how you keep saying that.
No, no, what HE is doing is called "Trolling".
cylobotnia: Is Thief 2 Metal Age was repeated?
yep
tapeworm00: Yeah, I think we're fighting a useless battle here, haha. In any case I agree with the Cracked article, good link! :)
CarrionCrow: Waiting for someone to say that a bot stole their free game, set their mailbox on fire and impregnated their sister.
A bot stole my free game, set my mailbox on fire and then proceeded to impregnat my sister, a sister I didn't know I had!
binn05: So let me try it.
Vanilla ice cream is the worst kind of ice cream...
Let the flames start... :D
Mint and lemon are the best.
wanderlust76: Can't believe all this whining about free games and the sale and %$#@ you kids these days don't appreciate anything we never had anything like this back when I was younger! We had the bargain bin at CompUSA or Babbage's that was it!
Fictionvision: I remember back in the day the only place that sold computer games here was EB, and they kept stuff high for ages. The douchebags had Command and Conquer packed with some strategy guide for $70 a year after it released. I was happy when Wal Mart opened because they had some stuff at saner prices at least.
Yeah man you know what I'm talkin' about. It was a lot harder to get good deals on games back then. It took them a long time to drop even 10 dollars.
labrador121: Am I the only one here waiting for a come back of Shelter ?
justanoldgamer: Nope.
Do you know if it at already been repeated ? :D
tapeworm00: Yeah, I think we're fighting a useless battle here, haha. In any case I agree with the Cracked article, good link! :)
binn05: So let me try it.
Vanilla ice cream is the worst kind of ice cream...
Let the flames start... :D
People in this thread are too interested in games/not getting games, I already posted my "perfect steak" recipe earlier =P
Woke up just a few minutes ago (west coast) and just barely snagged Ult Underworld. I take it Deus has already cycled through?
I didn't miss anything in the last hour, that's a relief :)