It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Is Thief 2 Metal Age was repeated?
grviper: The triad seems to have some problems with rising.
My email informs me that there's a pill for that.
Am I the only one here waiting for a come back of Shelter ?
bradelli: I find it all quite amusing. I now have 5 of the free games (got 3 last night and 2 today). And now people are saying people like me are "bots". No. We just clicked the button and got the game.
Novotnus: It's the 'I lost, so you had to be cheating' logic :)
I haven't gotten all 101 games for free, you guys are all dirty hackers, obviously.
wanderlust76: Can't believe all this whining about free games and the sale and %$#@ you kids these days don't appreciate anything we never had anything like this back when I was younger! We had the bargain bin at CompUSA or Babbage's that was it!
I remember back in the day the only place that sold computer games here was EB, and they kept stuff high for ages. The douchebags had Command and Conquer packed with some strategy guide for $70 a year after it released. I was happy when Wal Mart opened because they had some stuff at saner prices at least.
it's as simple as chaning 1 line in the javascript, really
bradelli: I find it all quite amusing. I now have 5 of the free games (got 3 last night and 2 today). And now people are saying people like me are "bots". No. We just clicked the button and got the game.
Novotnus: It's the 'I lost, so you had to be cheating' logic :)
Amazing one person got that many freebies though
Artificer: On a side note, I wonder how many of the people complaining that they can't get a free game only came here in the first place because they saw "free games" in their email?
There were e-mails? I only got order summary ones. A way after I actually bought something.
Artificer: I've tried to inject some common sense and tone down the entitlement multiple times but it seems an effort doomed to failure.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-internet-needs-to-calm-down-about/ seems to sum up the attitudes nicely.
tapeworm00: Yeah, I think we're fighting a useless battle here, haha. In any case I agree with the Cracked article, good link! :)
So let me try it.
Vanilla ice cream is the worst kind of ice cream...
Let the flames start... :D
I don't have an issue with the promo in general, but the freebies only reward the crooks.
Wish they would put Nexus back up so I can finally move on with that thing they call life...

Already added a variety of games to my shelf :)
Beyond Good and Evil, NWN1 and 2, AoW Shadow Magic, Riddick, Inquisitor, HoMM5, Total Annihilation, Alpha Centauri, Anvil of Dawn and Eador
Ungunbu: it's as simple as chaning 1 line in the javascript, really
I assume you're doing that, based on how you keep saying that.
talahar: I don't give a flying rat's behind about freebies, but as a sale this horse poop does not respect my time. Having to sit here and stare at a slowly diminishing bar may be fun for some, but I think it's a waste of my time. Especially since I was following the reddit list, saw two games I wanted to pick up (the second one would still have taken at least half an hour to show up) and now the damn sale skipped both of them.

Welp, guess gog doesn't need any more of my money today.
I tend to agree, but there's that gambling addiction sense of fun involved with it.

I do hope they scrap this model though. I'd much prefer to scroll through a daily, or hell, even an eight hour list.
labrador121: Am I the only one here waiting for a come back of Shelter ?
Nope.
Just as a reminder to all the "This sale isn't fair to my lifestyle" folks, the holiday sale(s) are just around the corner at GOG and other online retailers.