It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
tapeworm00: Missing the forest for the trees.

I can't believe it is the freebies, of all things, what makes people say this sale (sale, as in exchange of money for a cheapened commodity) is terrible.
Artificer: I've tried to inject some common sense and tone down the entitlement multiple times but it seems an effort doomed to failure.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-internet-needs-to-calm-down-about/ seems to sum up the attitudes nicely.
Yeah, I think we're fighting a useless battle here, haha. In any case I agree with the Cracked article, good link! :)
Flam3crow: If you don't like it, you don't need to participate, you can go sleep or something.
I did and now I'm wondering what games I actually missed out on.

It's a terrible way to pit my psyche against it's own best interest.
ryanyth: What are you folks still gunning for?
Based on this reddit list:
www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1qjevg/gog_fall_insomnia_megathread_limited_quantity

I'm still aiming for:
Icewind Dale Complete
Theme Hospital
Blood (One Unit Whole Blood)
Wing Commander 4
Alpha Centauri
Myst: Masterpiece Ed
Thunderscape
Master of Orion 1+2
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed

Man i don't even want freebies, i wanna BUY them~
Pretty much just RCT3, but I'll take pretty much any freebies :p
www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1qjevg/gog_fall_insomnia_megathread_limited_quantity

I'm still aiming for:
Icewind Dale Complete
Theme Hospital
Wing Commander 4
Alpha Centauri
Thunderscape
Master of Orion 1+2
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed

Blood
Alpha Centauri
U7
WC IV
Myst have all been up twice already
The triad seems to have some problems with rising.
Can't believe all this whining about free games and the sale and %$#@ you kids these days don't appreciate anything we never had anything like this back when I was younger! We had the bargain bin at CompUSA or Babbage's that was it!

so what the next freebie will be???

In my view it doesn't matter as I won't see them anyway, but I've happily gotten some great sale prices on a number of my wishlist items and several items that I have physical CDs for but couldn't pass up the prices on getting a GOG copy also.

Edit: Well the one I've missed that I'd really like to pick up still is Lords of Midnight, but hardly seems likely I'll get it.
Post edited November 14, 2013 by BlueKronos

I'm still aiming for:
Icewind Dale Complete
Theme Hospital
Wing Commander 4
Alpha Centauri
Thunderscape
Master of Orion 1+2
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed

Neverwinter Nights 2, though not sure it will be coming up again.
Artificer: I've tried to inject some common sense and tone down the entitlement multiple times but it seems an effort doomed to failure.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-internet-needs-to-calm-down-about/ seems to sum up the attitudes nicely.
tapeworm00: Yeah, I think we're fighting a useless battle here, haha. In any case I agree with the Cracked article, good link! :)
Waiting for someone to say that a bot stole their free game, set their mailbox on fire and impregnated their sister.
I think the promo is interesting but I prefere traditional way to cut prices. if it comes to free games I personaly get 2 games last night, so it is doable :)

I'm still aiming for:
Icewind Dale Complete
Theme Hospital
Wing Commander 4
Alpha Centauri
Thunderscape
Master of Orion 1+2
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed

TA complete and BG2 complete is all i want.
bradelli: I find it all quite amusing. I now have 5 of the free games (got 3 last night and 2 today). And now people are saying people like me are "bots". No. We just clicked the button and got the game.
It's the 'I lost, so you had to be cheating' logic :)
grviper: The triad seems to have some problems with rising.
imo people don't want to spend so much money when some other games r at about $2

I'm still aiming for:
Icewind Dale Complete
Theme Hospital
Wing Commander 4
Alpha Centauri
Thunderscape
Master of Orion 1+2
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed

nijuu: Blood
Alpha Centauri
U7
WC IV
Myst have all been up twice already
I believe Theme Hospital also went twice.

I'm still aiming for:
Icewind Dale Complete
Theme Hospital
Wing Commander 4
Alpha Centauri
Thunderscape
Master of Orion 1+2
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed

Some of the games were already up twice - Theme Hospital, Blood, Wing Commander and Thunderscape for sure.