It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Artificer: Just as a reminder to all the "This sale isn't fair to my lifestyle" folks, the holiday sale(s) are just around the corner at GOG and other online retailers.
- Who we are?
- GAMERS!
- What do we want?
- GAMES!
- When do we want them?
- NOW!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
P.S. It's not "Rise" of the triad, it's "Delay".
You clicked on a free game and didn't get it? Bots. Only explanation. It's not as if there are thousands of other people, with reflexes and computers just as good as yours, competing for the same limited prize. Uh ... according to some of the people on this forum, anyway.

As for me, I haven't gotten a free game yet, and I've missed a bunch interesting sales because I had to be away from the computer, and so what? It's been fun, and I've picked up a few games. Even the Jack Keane fiasco was kind of amusing, hanging out in the forums and smiling at the absurdity of it all as GOG twites that they're all in bed now but they're sure everything's going great. It's a video game sale; you take the bad with the good, remember that there will be other sales if you missed something you wanted--or don't want to or cannot participate in this one--and maintain a sense of humor.

I'm sorry if all this sounds preachy, but some times the constant sense of entitlement on these forums over the course of this sale can be a little hard to take.
Post edited November 14, 2013 by BadDecissions
Flam3crow: I hear Rise of the Triad is a great multiplayer experience, why don't you buy one for you and one for all 40 of your friends?
Ive got my copy. Have u?
Just a reminder - the current Humble Weekly will buzz off in about 2 hours.
wanderlust76: Can't believe all this whining about free games and the sale and %$#@ you kids these days don't appreciate anything we never had anything like this back when I was younger! We had the bargain bin at CompUSA or Babbage's that was it!
ldycash1: Babbages...... Just.... can't.

*thud*

Thank you for reminding me how old I am. I managed to forget Babbages existed. And it was still around in the 90s..... which seem so long ago now. :)

I find the complaining about not getting freebies amusing. They kind of overlook the multitude of games some of us are looking forward to playing for A DOLLAR!
Hahah yeah it's very amusing. For sure only us old farts remember Babbage's I threw that in there just for fun lol. Memories!
undeadcow: Thanks to Nijuu for tracking repeats so we narrow down what might be next. Kudos! I sent a few +1s through.
No problems :)
nijuu: 40 left.cant believe how long this game is taking
ROTT just isn't the same without contemporary "ultraviolence" media controversy.
wanderlust76: Yeah man you know what I'm talkin' about. It was a lot harder to get good deals on games back then. It took them a long time to drop even 10 dollars.
Artificer: My brother and I grew up in a very rural area.

The first game we bought was Master of Magic. It cost $80(CDN), which was about half a year of saving from both of us.

We had to order it from a store in the next town over. It took them 3 weeks to receive it, at which point we had to convince our parents to actually take us to get it.

Our second game ever bought was X:COM:TFTD. It cost us $80. We had to order it from the same store... you see where this is going.

For all of you entitled young'uns, we might joke sometimes about "how hard it was in our day" but this is what buying PC games was ACTUALLY like when most of these games first came out, and how much it cost.

So forgive me if many of us have very little sympathy for you and your entitlement.
It isn't entitlement. It's bots! Swarms and swarms of them! And kleptomaniacal arsonist sister-deflowering bots at that!
The very worst kind....
BadDecissions: You clicked on a free game and didn't get it? Bots. Only explanation. It's not as if there are thousands of other people, with reflexes and computers just as good as yours, competing for the same limited prize. Uh ... according to some of the people on this forum, anyway.

As for me, I haven't gotten a free game yet, and I've missed a bunch interesting sales because I had to be away from the computer, and so what? It's been fun, and I've picked up a few games. Even the Jack Keane fiasco was kind of amusing, hanging out in the forums and smiling at the absurdity of it all as GOG twites that they're all in bed now but they're sure everything's going great. It's a video game sale; you take the bad with the good, remember that there will be other sales if you missed something you wanted--or don't want to or cannot participate in this one--and maintain a sense of humor.

I'm sorry if all this sounds preachy, but some times the constant sense of entitlement can be a little hard to take.
I got a freebie yesterday, I am a robot now.

Bleep bloop bleep bleep bloop
did I miss SYSTEM SHOCK 2 in the last 30 mins ???
I played Shadowfax as a kid and after that I was hooked, a gamer for life=).
I'd buy Rise of The Triad except their are too many comments on how it is buggy. That's a waste of any amount of money
tapeworm00: Missing the forest for the trees.

I can't believe it is the freebies, of all things, what makes people say this sale (sale, as in exchange of money for a cheapened commodity) is terrible.
Artificer: I've tried to inject some common sense and tone down the entitlement multiple times but it seems an effort doomed to failure.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-internet-needs-to-calm-down-about/ seems to sum up the attitudes nicely.
I'm not going to overextend myself here because I respect this site and it's not my intention to brake their spell on you all.

After seeing pretty much all the offers, it's clear these sale prices are in no way more advantageous than the sale prices that appear during the Summer sale on GOG.com. The only difference is the limitation on the number of copies.

The original post says "once they're gone, they're gone", and yet they keep repeating.

Both premises originally presented (special prices, one time opportunities) are false. Add to that the fact the free games are impossible to get, and what have you got? The worst sale GOG.com ever did IMO.
mortalkombat: did I miss SYSTEM SHOCK 2 in the last 30 mins ???
Nope, you haven't.
What's been up seen fez?