It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Buenro-games: A hipster would be someone who likes something because it is trendy. Saying that of a classic like Baldur's Gate is well dumb.
nijuu: Isnt that know as a Trendy? we have another word for them here... cant remember it tho lol
Hipsters don't like what's trending, they liked trendy things before they became trends. :p

The hipster is the modern evolution of the beatnik.
stg83: For almost 3 days I have waited for the only game I wanted to buy i.e. The Witcher 2. But now I have to go out for quite a while and I am afraid its gonna show up while I am gone, knowing my luck. :/
I feel your pain.
Buenro-games: A hipster would be someone who likes something because it is trendy. Saying that of a classic like Baldur's Gate is well dumb.
nijuu: Isnt that know as a Trendy?
A "hipster" is a pretensious shell of a human being. ;)
nijuu: Isnt that know as a Trendy?
No, someone who likes something that is trendy is a mainstreamer. A hipster is someone who makes a concerted effort to like something different to the mainstream for the simple purpose of trying to look sophisticated and intellectual when in fact they are the complete opposite.
Post edited November 18, 2013 by jamyskis
EX-Deimon: How are the controls for the TR games on the PC? Dodgy or playable?
Gunsik: one of the first action games was TR. controls where fine for me back then i even have problems to use wasd. but now i t take times to get used to. But wierd controls of TR are one of its charm.
I second this. Played TR (mostly 2, 3 and 4) back in the days, tried it a few weeks ago and really struggled with the controls. But I guess I can always map the keys to my gamepad.
shadowknight2814: Sigh... I've missed I Have No Mouth, La Mulana, and Tropico 3... This sale has failed for me; it dragged on too long, and I never even saw those three games the days I stayed glued to my screen. Well, hopefully they'll put them back on sale for the end-of-year sale.
Just to help out.
I got you covered for Tropico 3 for the same promo price, pm me if you are interested
high rated
zeffyr: The last game from promo on my wishlist is TR1+2+3. But I've got 0$ on the account.

I'm sure I'll find some1 generous! :>
Check your pm.
Ooooh shiny 30'000 posts any time now
CorranHorn: I think it´s playable, TR uses an auto locking mechanism that works pretty good, the main focus of the game is exploration not the action=).
EX-Deimon: I remember TR II being very action based compared to TR1 and III. I would mainly be buying this set for TR II. I loved the Venice level and barkhang monastery
I've spent ~10 hrs trying to get to the gate with boat. I didn't know that it's impossible without using turbo (shift, as I recall?).

Imagine my facepalm after discovering it :>
sharp299: sorry for my ignorant question but what is a "hipster"?
In this case hipster is a person, who calls NWN 1 boring and shitty because its trendy.
30 000 posts, oh my GOG!
Gunsik: one of the first action games was TR. controls where fine for me back then i even have problems to use wasd. but now i t take times to get used to. But wierd controls of TR are one of its charm.
kklsid: I second this. Played TR (mostly 2, 3 and 4) back in the days, tried it a few weeks ago and really struggled with the controls. But I guess I can always map the keys to my gamepad.
Thanks for your replies. +1 to both of you. I won't be buying it I guess. I won't be using a controller on my PC, kinda defeats the purpose.
Anyone miss Alpha Centari?
nijuu: How does TR 1 v 2 v 3 play?
Chandoraa: Shit, got distracted there and missed the change of guard. Was there a freebie?
nijuu: No
Phew! I'll stay on the prowl for the next change, then. PROTIP: There's only one way of missing a change that's more awkward than not looking at the screen while it happens: having your finger ready since 20 copies left, then suddenly twitching and clicking when there are 2 left, ruining all your chances of updating the page before it clears.
And 30k! :>