It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
ozzyoscy: I had an N64 a few years ago, but games are too expensive and the only game I enjoyed was Mario Kart, so I sold it. However I then got a free N64 and games a few years later, and a shit load of accessories, so it's all good.

I don't know how the GameCube's tech compared with PS2 and Xbox, but it was marketed like a children's toy. Ps2 and Xbox were just 'cooler' while GC was a tiny toybox with cute little discs with cute Mario, Zelda and Pokemon games. It is indeed a fine console, just not spectacular and Nintendo's analness about edginess must've killed it.
Infin8ty: I still have my N64 and GC at home. My 3 favorite N64 games would definitely be Banjo-Tooie, Starfox 64, and Ocarina of Time. I still like turning it on and playing when I'm at home.

Also, the GC is relatively weak compared to the PS2 and XBOX, but Nintendo has always known that consoles tend to be really, really good for family and budget gamers. This is one reason why I still think I'll support them, they know their place and won't mess with the PC, the lord of all gaming platforms. (And I really love LoZ, it got me into gaming....)
it was a fantasic game did you play majoras mask? i tried on the gamecube it was an anniversary edition which all included the oricana of time and a demo of wind waker anyway couldnt get majoas mask to save
robbknoll: There was something before Hotline Miami!? I can't even remember anymore :(
Chevette: It was Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within

Haha.... sorry.
I still have to sleep for that to become a nightmare!
Shendue: Whatever, Commodore 64 was far better then any console will ever hope to be. Gargantuan list of games, loads of AAA titles, terrific sound chip. A beast.
I still have mine. You're making me want to get it out again! I think most of my disks are toast, though. Stupid easily destroyed storage media! I still fondly remember the first game that I heard talk. "Stay a while. Stay... FOREVER!" (Anyone who names that game gets imaginary virtual cookies.)
Russonc: My Vectrex still works great...bring it out a couple times a year... :)
skeletonbow: All I had was an Atari 2600 with about 70 games, and one of those handheld portable Pac-Man games. Heh, that brings back a memory... I had been playing Pac-Man for many many hours, there is no pause on it and no savegames... I had a score in the 60000+ range which was my all time high score and was doing great but on my last man... A friend of mine came over to visit, came in the room and tripped over the power cord and killed my game. I was soooooo pissed. LOL
My parents had an original 2600 up until a few years ago. I still have 2 Dreamcasts as well (still one of my favorite consoles..) Unfortunately I liked systems that died (Vectrex and Dreamcast)
gscotti: Eeeeyup! I'm old enough to remember the ZX-81's crappy "touch" keyboard. I'm old enough to remember when chemistry kits contained copper sulphate, iron chloride, tartaric acid etc. Good times!
VanZanz: Mmmm Chemistry... I loved how those simple powders and liquids made really cool things (and Loud Noises!), in real life even! ;)
I guess most of the fun has been taken care off by healt and safety.
tobias683: Gamecube had Resident Evil. Not the Playstation version, the AWESOME remake version. SUPERB graphics, awesome gameplay (with new twists) and it was just AWESOME. Seriously, Nintendo dropped the ball when it came to the Gamecube overall, but there were a few damn good titles.
Uzur9: Sucks that RE2-CV cost so much. I did pick up RE0 and RE:make for GB.
I picked up REmake for GB this year too, still need too finish it at somepoint, damn gamelibrary keeps growing
cjc7: Well, that would be me ....
Infin8ty: Ooooo, how do you type while sleeping. That is really REALLY impressive!
I am not sure, it's just something I seem to have picked up since this sale started , seemed to come to me about the time JK2 went on sale time before last ...
I don't freakin' believe it... I left here 5 hrs ago when Hotline Miami went up with 900 copies to take a shower and go see my daughter's (way-too-long) high school play. I come back thinking I've had to of missed some great deals only to find...

Hotline Keanami with 130 copies to go...

I feel for you folks that didn't have a high school play to go to! :D
Good news everyone!

If this lasts another 25 min or so it will beat the reign of Jack Keane 2.
Uzur9: :D Well since we are talking about consoles....

In my living room I have: Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, NES (Top loader) & Sega (With Life Support Add-Ons)

and in my room: GC (With GameBoy Add-On) and another PS2

Also have PSP (Phat) and DS Lite

Would love to get my hands on a 2600.
I miss my NES. I bought 4 copies of them over my lifetime, the last actually worked perfect. Had all the greats. Til the hurricane ate it. I have a 2600 but no compatible TV for it.

Now I just got a Genesis, XBOX 360, PS3 60GB fat, and a day-one DS. I prefer the older games, so I compensate through backwards-compatibility on PS3 for my PS1 and PS2 RPGs (Final Fantasies, Dragon Quest, King's Field, Shadow Tower, Lunar, etc.). I also had to get me the Mega Man and Mega Man X Collection, along with Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (A MUST for Genesis/Master System fans, although I wish a couple more games would have been included and a couple others dismissed (3 versions of Altered Beast, really!?)).
Shendue: Whatever, Commodore 64 was far better then any console will ever hope to be. Gargantuan list of games, loads of AAA titles, terrific sound chip. A beast.
saruchan: I still have mine. You're making me want to get it out again! I think most of my disks are toast, though. Stupid easily destroyed storage media! I still fondly remember the first game that I heard talk. "Stay a while. Stay... FOREVER!" (Anyone who names that game gets imaginary virtual cookies.)
Impossible Mission, right?
Infin8ty: I still have my N64 and GC at home. My 3 favorite N64 games would definitely be Banjo-Tooie, Starfox 64, and Ocarina of Time. I still like turning it on and playing when I'm at home.

Also, the GC is relatively weak compared to the PS2 and XBOX, but Nintendo has always known that consoles tend to be really, really good for family and budget gamers. This is one reason why I still think I'll support them, they know their place and won't mess with the PC, the lord of all gaming platforms. (And I really love LoZ, it got me into gaming....)
Daz12380: it was a fantasic game did you play majoras mask? i tried on the gamecube it was an anniversary edition which all included the oricana of time and a demo of wind waker anyway couldnt get majoas mask to save
Yep, but not on the N64, only the GC with the anniversary edition. I love it too, but I started with Ocarina of Time and that one still holds a special place. I was always able to get it to save though.... It created a new slot for each game, so you had one save slot for Zelda 1, another for 2, another for OoT, and another for Majora.... Although I never played OoT in the Anniversary edition, only on the N64 or Master Quest (man master quest was fun).

Daz12380: it was a fantasic game did you play majoras mask? i tried on the gamecube it was an anniversary edition which all included the oricana of time and a demo of wind waker anyway couldnt get majoas mask to save
I've got a couple of Zelda compilation GameCube discs myself, and an N64 gold cart which I can't be arsed to look at to check which Zelda it is. Only ones I've played so far is the very first two Zeldas on the GameCube.
Fictionvision: Good news everyone!

easy
Fictionvision: Good news everyone!

No it won't. Jack Keane 2 was only 100 copies.