It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Daz12380: thats some desert correct?
CorranHorn: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22766511
conan O'Brien "played" that one on his "clueless gamer" series. just saw this today :)
TheJayDaB: Hi! Has Anyone Seen Heroes of might and magic 5 today in final sale? although I think I have seen more then a couple of games final sale more then once.
Yep, it was there a while before Hotline Miami.
Whatever, Commodore 64 was far better then any console will ever hope to be. Gargantuan list of games, loads of AAA titles, terrific sound chip. A beast.
Also, highest selling computer of all time.

http://youtu.be/eY2gK1MPgh8
Infin8ty: Way too many, especially with Omerta coming.....
CorranHorn: If Omega comes after this one then I will go to sleep, that could take many hours.
....Bloody hell. I'm gonna miss Thief 2
gscotti: Tower as in tower PC, I suppose. Sounds like a silly question, but my son and I build towers all the time. Usually from LEGO, but often also from wooden blocks and lately, from Pringles boxes.
golea: remember the time, when games were sold in boxes? Cardboard boxes?
Eeeeyup! I'm old enough to remember the ZX-81's crappy "touch" keyboard. I'm old enough to remember when chemistry kits contained copper sulphate, iron chloride, tartaric acid etc. Good times!
ozzyoscy: I had an N64 a few years ago, but games are too expensive and the only game I enjoyed was Mario Kart, so I sold it. However I then got a free N64 and games a few years later, and a shit load of accessories, so it's all good.

I don't know how the GameCube's tech compared with PS2 and Xbox, but it was marketed like a children's toy. Ps2 and Xbox were just 'cooler' while GC was a tiny toybox with cute little discs with cute Mario, Zelda and Pokemon games. It is indeed a fine console, just not spectacular and Nintendo's analness about edginess must've killed it.
I still have my N64 and GC at home. My 3 favorite N64 games would definitely be Banjo-Tooie, Starfox 64, and Ocarina of Time. I still like turning it on and playing when I'm at home.

Also, the GC is relatively weak compared to the PS2 and XBOX, but Nintendo has always known that consoles tend to be really, really good for family and budget gamers. This is one reason why I still think I'll support them, they know their place and won't mess with the PC, the lord of all gaming platforms. (And I really love LoZ, it got me into gaming....)
TheJayDaB: Hi! Has Anyone Seen Heroes of might and magic 5 today in final sale? although I think I have seen more then a couple of games final sale more then once.
It was the game before Hotline.
ozzyoscy: To clarify, I am actually serious, I really do like the Mega CD. Fight me if you think I'm wrong in this.

Though I've noted that everyone seems to be talking about every console BUT the Mega CD now...

I Googled this to find it's actually a real console. I thought you were taking the piss.

You have no taste.

That does look epic.

I had an N64 a few years ago, but games are too expensive and the only game I enjoyed was Mario Kart, so I sold it. However I then got a free N64 and games a few years later, and a shit load of accessories, so it's all good.

I don't know how the GameCube's tech compared with PS2 and Xbox, but it was marketed like a children's toy. Ps2 and Xbox were just 'cooler' while GC was a tiny toybox with cute little discs with cute Mario, Zelda and Pokemon games. It is indeed a fine console, just not spectacular and Nintendo's analness about edginess must've killed it.

I am learning about some crazy consoles today.

Dat music.
Daz12380: the great thing about the gamecube was that it reached the spoltlight in our home when our ps2 broke (disc drive) and had to be sent off for repairs
Gamecube had Resident Evil. Not the Playstation version, the AWESOME remake version. SUPERB graphics, awesome gameplay (with new twists) and it was just AWESOME. Seriously, Nintendo dropped the ball when it came to the Gamecube overall, but there were a few damn good titles.
You know you're adult when you stay awake all night for one game and read webcomics and watch cartoons in while you wait for numbers too drop
Post edited November 16, 2013 by FreDDaN
Impaler26: Yep, it was there a while before Hotline Miami.
There was something before Hotline Miami!? I can't even remember anymore :(
zavlin: has final for evoland gone by yet?
also.. has BoUT:critter chronicles been in this at all?
MrJeeves84: Yup, Evoland is outta here.
ah oh well, thanks.
And I guess critter chronicles was never in it?? That's weird, I was sure it would be when the first game was.
Actually, this was one of my absolute favorite games at the time.. I remember getting up before everyone else, in my pajamas with the feet, and playing this all day - Yars Revenge! http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=c0Mvwh_Jjhc

I 'flipped' the game twice :D
Impaler26: Yep, it was there a while before Hotline Miami.
robbknoll: There was something before Hotline Miami!? I can't even remember anymore :(
It was Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within

Haha.... sorry.
Daz12380: the great thing about the gamecube was that it reached the spoltlight in our home when our ps2 broke (disc drive) and had to be sent off for repairs
tobias683: Gamecube had Resident Evil. Not the Playstation version, the AWESOME remake version. SUPERB graphics, awesome gameplay (with new twists) and it was just AWESOME. Seriously, Nintendo dropped the ball when it came to the Gamecube overall, but there were a few damn good titles.
Sucks that RE2-CV cost so much. I did pick up RE0 and RE:make for GB.
golea: remember the time, when games were sold in boxes? Cardboard boxes?
gscotti: Eeeeyup! I'm old enough to remember the ZX-81's crappy "touch" keyboard. I'm old enough to remember when chemistry kits contained copper sulphate, iron chloride, tartaric acid etc. Good times!
Mmmm Chemistry... I loved how those simple powders and liquids made really cool things (and Loud Noises!), in real life even! ;)