It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A whole new epic quest line spanning 4 acts, accompanied by 15 additional side quests, new weapons, enemies, and more. Titan Quest: Eternal Embers is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 10th December 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
New datadisk for Titan Quest?
I am surprised :O
TZODnmr2k5: *snip*
But playing this game on higher difficulty levels after completing it on lower difficulty levels is a important part of the genre, newgame+ and newgame is always intertwined with modern hack and slash games. So keeping players away from certain difficult regions in a game like this after they've gather the necessary loot does seem most important. Besides, difficulty levels in hack and slash games aren't like difficulty level in RTS game or FPS games at all, the design of it is way different.

I do get what you mean, you're basically locked out from the later game modes but in this game you always were locked out from impotant high level items and other lootdrops if you didn't care about the NG+ aspects. playing through NG+ has become a part of playing through a game a long time ago, or else you don't experience it fully. Just look at Nioh 1 and especially 2. Which ain't a hack and slash game but it turns into one after finishing the game three times where the games suddenly feel like you're playing DMC.

The only game of this type that doesn't do this yet was able to pull it off well enough to still be fun is Torchlight 2, gonna have to play it at some point.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by Dray2k
arrua: The problem I have with my Titan Quest DVD edition, is that Win10 doesn´I let me apply patches. Not even the one which come with Immortal Throne. I can´t install the expansion. How do you do it?
I have the Gold version, which I think comes with the latest patch installed. At least I think (not sure if the installer installed some patches during the setup). Don't really want to reinstall right now to check as I have a lot of things setup for it.

Namely the fanpatch, a couple of fixes from TQDefiler, TQVault and a couple mods so don't really want to set all that up again. But both the vanilla game and IT work on Windows 10 without issues, as long as you lock the framerate to 60.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by idbeholdME
The issues related to the game not recognizing already installed DLCs was fixed for me after letting GOG install the new update that was pushed by the devs.

Hooray!
This is a fairly steep price for what you get.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by paladin181
low rated
The in-game links of the DLC advertisements lead to the Epic games store. And 10 gigabytes patch for the unnecessary controller support, which I didn't ask for, with almost five bug fixes. These guys are a joke. They need to learn how to code.
Post edited December 05, 2021 by Wishmaster777
arrua: The problem I have with my Titan Quest DVD edition, is that Win10 doesn´I let me apply patches. Not even the one which come with Immortal Throne. I can´t install the expansion. How do you do it?
idbeholdME: I have the Gold version, which I think comes with the latest patch installed. At least I think (not sure if the installer installed some patches during the setup). Don't really want to reinstall right now to check as I have a lot of things setup for it.

Namely the fanpatch, a couple of fixes from TQDefiler, TQVault and a couple mods so don't really want to set all that up again. But both the vanilla game and IT work on Windows 10 without issues, as long as you lock the framerate to 60.
I was wondering if you tinkered with something to make patches work. I couldn´t install Immortal Throne because a patch is installed first, and my Win10 doesn´t let any Titan Quest patch be executed.
Dray2k: But playing this game on higher difficulty levels after completing it on lower difficulty levels is a important part of the genre, newgame+ and newgame is always intertwined with modern hack and slash games. So keeping players away from certain difficult regions in a game like this after they've gather the necessary loot does seem most important. Besides, difficulty levels in hack and slash games aren't like difficulty level in RTS game or FPS games at all, the design of it is way different.
Yeah to be honest I have yet to be able to get access to the epic and legendary modes as I'm not yet done with the DLCs...

Dray2k: I do get what you mean, you're basically locked out from the later game modes but in this game you always were locked out from impotant high level items and other lootdrops if you didn't care about the NG+ aspects. playing through NG+ has become a part of playing through a game a long time ago, or else you don't experience it fully. Just look at Nioh 1 and especially 2. Which ain't a hack and slash game but it turns into one after finishing the game three times where the games suddenly feel like you're playing DMC.

The only game of this type that doesn't do this yet was able to pull it off well enough to still be fun is Torchlight 2, gonna have to play it at some point.
I did not even know they had a game+ mode, so at what point can I go from normal to epic, then legendary?

basoski: The issues related to the game not recognizing already installed DLCs was fixed for me after letting GOG install the new update that was pushed by the devs.

Hooray!
Unfortunately, it did not work for me, maybe I have to reinstall it?

EDIT: Never mind it's been fixed!
Post edited December 04, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
I wish they would just make a new one. I really like Grim Dawn, but Titan Quest had way better location and themes.
If it was Titan Quest 2 with Grim Dawn mechanics, I would never buy another ARPG.
That being said, it is cool to see new DLC for and oldie but a goodie.
high rated
mrkgnao: Am I correct in understanding that this DLC works only if you play "in Legendary difficulty"?
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, I don't like the idea of the game behind a mandatory difficulty wall, I play on normal for a reason, so they just shot themselves in the foot as only elite gamers play with that difficulty, and they are a select few so they're gonna lose a lot of sales by walling off the majority of players...
I'm handicapped and senior, and I've invested a zillion hours in this game. I just can't play it in the highest difficulties. Now they reward my loyalty by making all new content and endgame never accessible to me.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by duxcorvan
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, I don't like the idea of the game behind a mandatory difficulty wall, I play on normal for a reason, so they just shot themselves in the foot as only elite gamers play with that difficulty, and they are a select few so they're gonna lose a lot of sales by walling off the majority of players...
duxcorvan: I'm handicapped and senior, and I've invested a zillion hours in this game. I just can't play it in the highest difficulties. Now they reward my loyalty by making all new content and endgame never accessible to me.
Same here, more or less. I can safely say TQ is my favourite Diablo-like (much better than Grim Dawn, IMHO). And I've only ever played it on Normal.
ThomNG: Enjoy, Titan Slayers! The Eternal Embers of Titan Quest are still glowing strong!
Hi, since you are reading the forums, let me say, that I love this game. I´m one of the players who has something like a 1500-hours-savegame. And I will buy every DLC, even if it has just a new hat or something.

But allow me some minimal criticism:

1. What we urgently need is more space for collecting items and some kind of showroom to display the collected armors.

2. Eternal Embers brings back Egypt and China, as I understand. But there are much more cultures that have interesting lore. How about Polynesian gods and myths? Or maybe North and South American countries to explore?
Difficulty level restriction? Thats bad. Glad they launched a new dlc but since my summoner build is weak compared to summoners in diablo 3 or path of exile the grind made me put the game on hold after the river styx. Took me quite a number of tries to get past Charon on normal.

I'm sure they'll patch it out eventually.
Oddeus: 1. What we urgently need is more space for collecting items and some kind of showroom to display the collected armors.
Just download TQVault. Infinite space for all your hoarding needs. Pretty much a necessary thing when playing the game, same as GDStash for Grim Dawn.

kharille: Difficulty level restriction? Thats bad. Glad they launched a new dlc but since my summoner build is weak compared to summoners in diablo 3 or path of exile the grind made me put the game on hold after the river styx. Took me quite a number of tries to get past Charon on normal.

I'm sure they'll patch it out eventually.
The hardest part of summoners in Titan Quest is the normal difficulty. Once you get past that into the next difficulty, the summons receive huge HP scaling bonuses so they can actually live for a while. I recommend trying out the Epic difficulty.

My Nature + Spirit summoner was probably the most AFK build I managed to make in TQ. You just heal your summons and by juggling Mind Control with Refresh, you can add a whole army of mind controlled creatures to your standard summons (3 wolves, Dryad, Liche, Outsider and 3+ Mind Controlled monsters). If you want to help your menagerie instead of just running around, you can cast Plague on the enemies for total destruction.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by idbeholdME
TZODnmr2k5: I did not even know they had a game+ mode, so at what point can I go from normal to epic, then legendary?
The epic and legendary modes ARE the new game+ (or you could even consider the gradual progression intrinsic to the base game design, so even newgame+ modes ARE normal playthroughs, the difficulty spike comes through playing the game as linear progression does its thing). You get better item drops and the monsters get harder as well. Its designed so you play through difficulty setting 1, 2 and then 3 (and 4,5, etc).

Its sort of game design is called linear difficulty progression. Playing through a game doesn't mean seeing everything the game offers. Hack and Slash games were one of the first genres that pioneered this. That you are able to difficulty is simply just giving the player choices. There are some mods of hack and slash game that takes this to the extreme, like The Hell 2 mod for the classic Diablo. Which has like a billion different modes and adjustments. It can get kinda insane if you want to push this stuff when you make a game.

Of course you can skip lets say a normal mode and jump straight into the harder thing, but its not different than gradually experiencing the game, its just that you skip some aspects for the game that you've most likely already seen. Both ways (playing the game through the beginning in normal mode and then "unlocking" stuff or skipping difficulties and play on legendary) are intentional design choices due to how hack and slash games work.