It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A whole new epic quest line spanning 4 acts, accompanied by 15 additional side quests, new weapons, enemies, and more. Titan Quest: Eternal Embers is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 10th December 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, I don't like the idea of the game behind a mandatory difficulty wall, I play on normal for a reason, so they just shot themselves in the foot as only elite gamers play with that difficulty, and they are a select few so they're gonna lose a lot of sales by walling off the majority of players...
duxcorvan: I'm handicapped and senior, and I've invested a zillion hours in this game. I just can't play it in the highest difficulties. Now they reward my loyalty by making all new content and endgame never accessible to me.
duxcorvan: I'm handicapped and senior, and I've invested a zillion hours in this game. I just can't play it in the highest difficulties. Now they reward my loyalty by making all new content and endgame never accessible to me.
mrkgnao: Same here, more or less. I can safely say TQ is my favourite Diablo-like (much better than Grim Dawn, IMHO). And I've only ever played it on Normal.
Check this post out, you can start legendary with all points to build your character before starting leg. ed.
TZODnmr2k5: Thanks for clearing this up for me, this info is much appreciated!
RadonGOG: It was a dumb choice by IronLore back in the day to call "Epic" and "Legendary" "difficulty modes". There never were any "difficulty modes" in TQ, the game only features a one-fits-all difficulty as well as two times "new game+" diguised as "difficulty modes".
The hell do you mean dumb choice? Back then, it was the norm for ARPGs. Absolutely every single one was trying to be the next Diablo, which started the 3 difficulties trend.
Oddeus: Tried it, but it´s more of an external hack program, and it has no mannequin of sorts to display equipment.
What I´m thinking of, resembles the starting menu, where you can scroll through your characters. But instead of showing the equipped items of your character, it shows an unplayable mannequin with the option to display the parts of the armors, that you already found / unlocked. Parts, that you haven´t found, will not be displayed.
You can use it to cheat, but it is a muling program first and foremost. I use it entirely just for item storage.

And when it comes to it., I think a transmog system (change the appearance of any item to any other that you have found) would be a better idea. Grim Dawn or Diablo 3 has it and works perfectly as a showcase of the items you've found.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by idbeholdME
RadonGOG: It was a dumb choice by IronLore back in the day to call "Epic" and "Legendary" "difficulty modes". There never were any "difficulty modes" in TQ, the game only features a one-fits-all difficulty as well as two times "new game+" diguised as "difficulty modes".
idbeholdME: The hell do you mean dumb choice? Back then, it was the norm for ARPGs. Absolutely every single one was trying to be the next Diablo, which started the 3 difficulties trend.
Is "others are doing it wrong in the same as well" any excuse to make the same mistake?
And yes:
It's a mistake to call something, which is not a "difficulty mode", a "difficulty mode". Easy as that. The postings in this thread show that it's more then just a meaningless problem; it really confuses players.
TZODnmr2k5: Check this post out, you can start legendary with all points to build your character before starting leg. ed.
This does mean you will lose several Skillpoints, because a bunch of them is rewarded for completing quests on the lower 2 difficult.
That was already a problem with Ragnaröck.

Not to speak that doing so is a deathwish, because TQ strongly lowers resistance to everything and its dog on legendary. You don't gear that can deal with it, you are dead.
And that is my problem why I never made it past a boss in greek on legendary. Regardless how long I played, I never found matching high level gear to make up for this changes on legendary.
Leading to a 2 hit deathtrap. And I didn't even meet the life sucking spiders in the underworld, that can kill you on normal in a matter of sec, if you don't got a resistance.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by randomuser.833
mrkgnao: Same here, more or less. I can safely say TQ is my favourite Diablo-like (much better than Grim Dawn, IMHO). And I've only ever played it on Normal.
TZODnmr2k5: Check this post out, you can start legendary with all points to build your character before starting leg. ed.
I am old. I don't have the reflexes to play on legendary.
mrkgnao: Am I correct in understanding that this DLC works only if you play "in Legendary difficulty"?
looks like it, which means I save my monies. I have no intention these days to play on punishing difficulties on any game. I ahev too many games to play, and too little time to play them. I play today for relaxation and enjoying the expereince of exploring fantasy worlds in my own pace.

This is not for me, then. A shame as I all the other Titan Quest what-evers and quite enjoyed the game.
RadonGOG: Is "others are doing it wrong in the same as well" any excuse to make the same mistake?
No it's not, but when trying to copy something that was hugely successful, you just roll with it. It took much longer than Titan Quest for games like this to finally start steering off of the 3 (or even more like 5 in Sacred) difficulties.

RadonGOG: And yes:
It's a mistake to call something, which is not a "difficulty mode", a "difficulty mode". Easy as that. The postings in this thread show that it's more then just a meaningless problem; it really confuses players.
What confuses players? Normal, Epic and Legendary absolutely are difficulties. The game is tangibly harder when playing at the higher levels. Nothing wrong with calling it NG+ if you want but don't try to sell your definition as an absolute fact.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by idbeholdME
mrkgnao: Am I correct in understanding that this DLC works only if you play "in Legendary difficulty"?
amok: looks like it, which means I save my monies. I have no intention these days to play on punishing difficulties on any game. I ahev too many games to play, and too little time to play them. I play today for relaxation and enjoying the expereince of exploring fantasy worlds in my own pace.

This is not for me, then. A shame as I all the other Titan Quest what-evers and quite enjoyed the game.
I partly have to agree. It was imo a stupid decision to make this "legendary only". It's the same as those games that don't allow to change difficulty at all. I've spent over 130 hours with TQ and one reason was that I was able to beat the gane even though I am not a professional by any means. What I was lacking in understanding the stats I was able to get by grinding a bit more ... but I doubt that this will work on legendary. Right now the DLC is still on my wishlist only anyway since imo the pricing for this is too high ... not sure if I will buy it in the end knowing that I might not be able to enjoy it.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by MarkoH01
mrkgnao: I am old. I don't have the reflexes to play on legendary.
You and me both. Our minds may still be strong, but bodies can't quite keep up anymore. :)

These days I enjoy turn-based more than real-time, unless it has a good pause system. And games requiring controllers/gamepads absolutely destroy me with all the special moves lol. I just can't keep up!
mrkgnao: I am old. I don't have the reflexes to play on legendary.
gog2002x: You and me both. Our minds may still be strong, but bodies can't quite keep up anymore. :)

These days I enjoy turn-based more than real-time, unless it has a good pause system. And games requiring controllers/gamepads absolutely destroy me with all the special moves lol. I just can't keep up!
Yep. This used to be Good Old Games, but it seems industry just doesn't want for us good old gamers to play any more.
A clever move to lock this overpriced DLC to Legendary mode. Until customers are able to discover bugs or other issues it will take weeks playing through TQ->IT->Ragnarôk and possibly Atlantis to get there. In a worst case scenario they will not receive a refund, a good thing for THQ, don't you think? ;)

I would suggest new players use TQ Defiler to unlock Legendary mode or download a save file. In case it doesn't work or it's just a bad DLC there is plenty of time to request a refund.

I will wait until this DLC receives a 50 to 60% discount before it's going to end up in my library.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
RadonGOG: And yes:
idbeholdME: What confuses players? Normal, Epic and Legendary absolutely are difficulties. The game is tangibly harder when playing at the higher levels. Nothing wrong with calling it NG+ if you want but don't try to sell your definition as an absolute fact.
Because you cannot (and couldn't, even it would be possible) choose a higher difficulty level just to start a game with? It would be borderline impossible to progress at Legendary with a LV1 character.

Of course it's up to you to define what difficulty is for you, but it doesn't sound like it like that definition would perform well...
I love Titan Quest. But unfortunately the GOG version has an annoying micro stuttering so that I stlll have to play my retail version, which most likely is not compatible with this extension.

MarkoH01: ... not sure if I will buy it in the end knowing that I might not be able to enjoy it.
Sounds more like "not being able to play it at all" to me. I guess I should take good care of my retail version and forget about the extensions. Looks like buying the Anniversary edition has been a failure.

idbeholdME: The hardest part of summoners in Titan Quest is the normal difficulty. Once you get past that into the next difficulty, the summons receive huge HP scaling bonuses so they can actually live for a while.
Sounds like a stupid difficulty design to me when the higher difficulty actually is easier to play.
Post edited December 05, 2021 by eiii
Mori_Yuki: A clever move to lock this overpriced DLC to Legendary mode. Until customers are able to discover bugs or other issues it will take weeks playing through TQ->IT->Ragnarôk and possibly Atlantis to get there. In a worst case scenario they will not receive a refund, a good thing for THQ, don't you think? ;)

I would suggest new players use TQ Defiler to unlock Legendary mode or download a save file. In case it doesn't work or it's just a bad DLC there is plenty of time to request a refund.

I will wait until this DLC receives a 50 to 60% discount before it's going to end up in my library.
Do you know if Defiler is still being updated?
Wonder why they made the decision to lock this DLC to the higher difficulty? (cynicism aside)

Actually thinking about it, the game has been out for a long long time and probably built up a decent sized fanbase over the years. Can't imagine the number of people legendary difficulty would be that insignificant..

Personally no issue with the price as it seems to be an expansion and not a tiny DLC many games churn out.
Post edited December 05, 2021 by Niggles