It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today two vampiric action games receive an updated, enhanced versions thanks to Ziggurat Interactive. BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut are now available on GOG.COM, both with 34% discounts lasting until 27th November 2020, 2:15 PM UTC. Join beautiful yet deadly vampire Rayne on her quest to save the world from supernatural threats!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
phaolo: Of course, but that's only for those who previously owned them.
But you get the legacy versions as separate entries in your library (including goodies) when you purchase the TC... I think ?
Post edited November 22, 2020 by MaxFulvus
MaxFulvus: But you get the legacy versions as separate entries in your library (including goodies) when you purchase the TC... I think ?
Like getting the Original War Legacy Version as soon as you bought the Original War?
PhyCX: Like getting the Original War Legacy Version as soon as you bought the Original War?
I think, but I don't own Original War.
MaxFulvus: They are still available in the "Legacy" versions.
That is incorrect. I just bought the Terminal Cut versions and i got the Legacy versions with all the extras in addition.
InSaintMonoxide: That is incorrect. I just bought the Terminal Cut versions and i got the Legacy versions with all the extras in addition.
This is the answer I need.

Thank you all!
InSaintMonoxide: That is incorrect. I just bought the Terminal Cut versions and i got the Legacy versions with all the extras in addition.
Ah, I didn't know you would still obtain also the Legacy ones.
That's good to know, then.
Thanks for the info
MaxFulvus: They are still available in the "Legacy" versions.
Are you sure about this. It has been said that the legacy versions will be removed from the store and instead be added as an extra ENTRY in the library. Since it is an extra entry in the library I assume that everything that copmes with it (including extras) will be there as well. I can't test it myself since I already owned the legacy editions.

Edit: ... I guess I am too late :)

@GOG: You should really mention on the gamecard that the terminal cut versions will come with the legacy ones.
Post edited November 22, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Simply buy the Terminal Cut versions here - imo it is the much better choice .. if you even had one. After testing both versions I don't see any reason why I should use the original at all.
Pyromancer138: Hello Marko,

Yes, I know, but that is no excuse. Not everyone wants to play the Terminal Cut versions , if you ask me, I always prefer the classics to the remastered games.
ls always add value to their games.
I am sure you won't in this case. Gamepad support was completely broken in the legacy version and is now working fine, cutscenes - even when modded - had a low resolution and if you were playing with subtitles in HD the text was too small. The only reason for anybody to play the legacy editions I could see are the now green monsters in level 1 (and I really don't understand why they were even changed). However - GOG can't just change games like they want ... it depends on the game but in some cases they are simply not allowed to do so. Since the right holders just released this new version I doubt that they would want GOG to still meddle with the old version ... and I doubt GOG would want to invest the extra work a well. You can still do so, but they probably won't. Also, every wrapper COULD lead to problems so why take the risk when we have a version that is now working flawlessly?
Pyromancer138: Hello Marko,

Yes, I know, but that is no excuse. Not everyone wants to play the Terminal Cut versions , if you ask me, I always prefer the classics to the remastered games.

We all know that DgVoodoo fixes a lot of compatibility issues, so I see no reason not to update them with the excellent GOG DirectX wrapper. In my opinion,those little details always add value to their games.
If GOG ever had a desire to update the original versions, they had lots of years to do so. They won't suddenly bother when they are out of the picture. Since you bought the original games on Steam, you should also have access to the remastered versions. Why not give them a try?
Post edited November 22, 2020 by Grargar
ReynardFox: Why is the first game showing up in my account with the title of "Terminal Cut Base"?

The hell does base mean?
I was wondering about that too. Both Terminal Cut games got this "base" added to the name. Perhaps extensions to the games are planned? Or they come from GOG's tries to add the games to our libraries, because both new Bloodrayne games are also listed twice in my order history.
ReynardFox: Why is the first game showing up in my account with the title of "Terminal Cut Base"?

The hell does base mean?
eiii: I was wondering about that too. Both Terminal Cut games got this "base" added to the name. Perhaps extensions to the games are planned? Or they come from GOG's tries to add the games to our libraries, because both new Bloodrayne games are also listed twice in my order history.
No idea, but 'base' went away after a few hours, now they both just say 'terminal cut'.
eiii: I was wondering about that too. Both Terminal Cut games got this "base" added to the name. Perhaps extensions to the games are planned? Or they come from GOG's tries to add the games to our libraries, because both new Bloodrayne games are also listed twice in my order history.
ReynardFox: No idea, but 'base' went away after a few hours, now they both just say 'terminal cut'.
If you download the offline installer using Galaxy the folder still shows "base" though.
Post edited November 23, 2020 by MarkoH01
ReynardFox: No idea, but 'base' went away after a few hours, now they both just say 'terminal cut'.
MarkoH01: If you download the offline installer using Galaxy the folder still shows "base" though.
Ah, hmm. I can't really picture anyone trying to make DLC for a remaster like this but Base is an odd term to see otherways.
low rated
SmollestLight: We are aware of this problem and are looking into it. I will let you know as soon as it's fixed! =)
Question(anyone else who might know is also free to answer this as well): Will those buying the new versions(for those that don't own any versions of either game) get the legacy/classic versions as well?

Also what about the extras that came with the original games? Will those get added to the new versions of both games at some point?

(I ask as I note that Bloodrayne: Terminal Cut seems to have no extras whatsoever...not even a manual....while the old version has 4-5 extras iirc)
SmollestLight: We are aware of this problem and are looking into it. I will let you know as soon as it's fixed! =)
GamesRater: Question(anyone else who might know is also free to answer this as well): Will those buying the new versions(for those that don't own any versions of either game) get the legacy/classic versions as well?

Also what about the extras that came with the original games? Will those get added to the new versions of both games at some point?

(I ask as I note that Bloodrayne: Terminal Cut seems to have no extras whatsoever...not even a manual....while the old version has 4-5 extras iirc)
Yes, when buying the terminal cut versions you will get the legacy versions as well even if you did not previously own them. The extras that came with the original game will also still be available with the legacy versions in your library. The Terminal Cut version does not add any extras beyond that.

I hope i could help.