It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Classic RPG hack'n'slashin'.

<span class="bold">Revenant</span>, an astonishing and supremely fun classic aRPG, is available now on Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Revenant is here today to serve as a fun-filled throwback to how things used to be done back in the day, and a chance to truly hack it like it's 1999. There's a lot to say about Revenant, but no matter what, the keyword is always "fun". In a game all about combat - smooth controls, responsiveness, and that feeling of weight behind your every attack are all-important, and even today Revenant hits the right spots. Despite its age, the colorful backdrops holds up amazingly well and the motion-captured combat continues to surprise with its variety, over-the-top violence, and plenty of dismemberment. There's a few inventive things to be found here as well, including a magic casting system based on combining runes and talismans to uncover stunning and powerful spells that will let you spectacularly clear out rooms with a single gesture. Beyond that, Revenant is a game of loot, loot, loot, plenty of weapons, great character design and most of all... fun.

Hack away at <span class="bold">Revenant</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Thanks for reminding us that despite this nice surprise GOG's work is far from done yet. We still need Rage of Mages, Rages of Mages 2: Necromancer and Evil Islands here! (I never played the last one, but I can vouch for the first two, they didn't feel disappointing to me!)
RadonGOG: Square?! Square Enix is back?!

Well, if EA and Activision will throw in some games again we certainly got the big ones back in! :)
yyahoo: Not to be a downer, but supposedly GOG has been working on getting this title operational for a long time, long before the previously most recent Square Enix release. I wouldn't exactly describe this as SE being "back".
Well, it´s better to know the truth anyways...
Never finished the game. Can't remember if it was because of bugs or not interesting enough .
Elmofongo: Anyother Isometric RPGs we are missing?
Dusk of the Gods
The Summoning
Veil of Darkness

All made by Event Horizon / DreamForge, developers of Sanitarium. Also note this early top-down RPG by them:

DarkSpyre
Elmofongo: Ooh a Superhero RPG in the form of Freedom Force?

You think Superheroes and RPGs can go hand in hand?
Freedom Force is a nice series and GOG had the second title available once (Freedom Force Vs 3rd Reich)
OMG. I tried to post the same review between 1 hour intervals and it only acccepted when i wrote "test" and there is no way of changing it now. GOG is certainly having its fun with me.
All right folks, help me out here: Wasn't there another game with a similar title, from around the same time period, except it was some sort of goth/fantasy FPS type game? I think your player character was some sort of ( fallen? ) angel?

Maybe I'm getting things mixed up here, but that's the game I expected to see, when I saw the title and promo art for this release. I vaguely remember playing a demo of it back in the day... I think my PC was struggling with it back then. :P

As for this game, I don't think I've heard of it before, but the genre is fun so I might check it out some time.
Schnuff: Never finished the game. Can't remember if it was because of bugs or not interesting enough .
Maybe the bugs weren't interesting enough?
Post edited August 18, 2015 by CharlesGrey
Very nice! One of the few classic games that I've been waiting to make their way here for some time now.
Crosmando: Throne of Darkness I believe
Elmofongo: Cool.

Anyother Isometric RPGs we are missing?

Other than Torchlight 2, Fallout games, and Path of Exile and Diablo games?
Path of Exile is already free to play though...

You don't even need to play it via Steam.
CharlesGrey: All right folks, help me out here: Wasn't there another game with a similar title, from around the same time period, except it was some sort of goth/fantasy FPS type game? I think your player character was some sort of ( fallen? ) angel?
That would probably be Requiem: Avenging Angel. :)
CharlesGrey: All right folks, help me out here: Wasn't there another game with a similar title, from around the same time period, except it was some sort of goth/fantasy FPS type game? I think your player character was some sort of ( fallen? ) angel?
SCPM: That would probably be Requiem: Avenging Angel. :)
Think so too. Another gem GOG should add.
Thanks, that's probably the game I was thinking of. Did the main character look anything like the character of this game at all? I just had this vague memory of some dark, "gothy" main character.
Could anyone help with my post to the game specific area?
http://www.gog.com/forum/revenant/resolution

To note, just brought the game and it really look quite bad, odd effects on candles, pixelated, door textures off.
Post edited August 19, 2015 by nightcraw1er.488
CharlesGrey: Thanks, that's probably the game I was thinking of. Did the main character look anything like the character of this game at all? I just had this vague memory of some dark, "gothy" main character.
It did have a dark cover art, depending on the region:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/requiem-avenging-angel/cover-art
Interesting release, but I don't know this game at all (I never heard about it before few days here on GOG). I'll wishlist it for now :)
It seems to be an very appreciated game, so it's great for people loving it ! :D
Post edited August 19, 2015 by Splatsch