It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

good job gog.
JMich: The fully optional applies to single player only, as was mentioned in Galaxy's reveal video. So how does multiplaying through Galaxy only make the client less optional?
vivalanwo: It's strange to me too because most games prior to Galaxy required a CD key to play multiplayer anyways. Galaxy seems like the lesser of two evils there.
I guess that is a matter of taste. Entering that key was as optional as installing Galaxy is right now, and I never felt that copy&pasting a key was much of a burden. Also, the keys worked on Linux, while it appears that support for Galaxy is negatively correlated with Linux support... at this moment, if I was interested in playing Dying Light multiplayer on Linux, I would need to buy on Steam.
skeletonbow: Um... <gasp> isn't this an actually recent AAA game? What is the world coming to! Pretty awesome to see this showing up here!

Instawishlisted!
Yup I love the timing of it too. I was *just* starting to lose my mind wondering what the AAA @ Launch Game would be when GoG decides to distract me with another shiny, recently released AAA game I thought we'd never see here.

I guess we should have expected this when stuff like Metro, WB and even Van Helsing showed up. Still been some VERY nice surprises regardless.

And before anyone laments the lack of classics - in case you missed it either tomorrow or Friday we get Uprising 1 / 2 and maybe even Requiem: Avenging Angel!
Never heard of it, nothing new there....looks good tho.
Could be a reason to try galaxy once again....or not :P
shmerl: Doesn't it have the Linux version as well? What's going on GOG, why is it missing?
I presume it's because of Galaxy not supporting Linux. For a few minutes the German release post said that the Linux version had been released too, so it's probably not a rights issue.
In this thread someone said it may be due to the game being patched, but that seems unlikely to me because GOG could have said that the Linux version would be released soon.

Here's the wishlist entry: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/linux_version_of_dying_light
shmerl: If Galaxy is the reason, it also disproves the claim that Galaxy is optional and DRM-free. It's a direct contradiction.
Galaxy won't be required for playing, but the devs don't want to spend twice the amount of money and time on making a DRM-free version (or in this hypothetical case two versions).
Post edited March 16, 2016 by 0Grapher
This is one fantastic addition to GOG. As a die-hard fan of the zombie genre, I've been wanting to play this game for a long time. I was going to wishlist it, but I think I may just pick it up to support GOG bringing more AAA and new(er) titles.

BUT, I still love the classics. I went back and made sure my votes to bring the original Resident Evil trilogy was registered. The HD Remaster of 1 looks beautiful, but I want the old, cheesy original versions here. :)
shmerl: If Galaxy is the reason, it also disproves the claim that Galaxy is optional and DRM-free. It's a direct contradiction.
For a game that doesn't have LAN/dedicated servers how can you imagine it would handle multiplayer component? Being optional and not needed for single player games (and this game is made more single player in mind than Dead Island series I can assure you on that, co-op is purely optional and often game balance breaking) without these mentioned of course you need some multiplayer infrastructure handled other way.

Also in early days, older games used Gamespy, CD-key check to even install encrypted game files, and for multiplayer tied to Master Server even when games had dedicated servers.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by HenitoKisou
kero42: while it appears that support for Galaxy is negatively correlated with Linux support... at this moment, if I was interested in playing Dying Light multiplayer on Linux, I would need to buy on Steam.
This sucks. I get why GoG is doing it (it's A LOT easier to integrate something like this into existing games - I wonder how many games are even written with "legacy" multiplayer support - LAN, independent servers, etc) and I know I personally hate the idea of creating a multiplayer account for every game I play (part of what turned me off on consoles).

HOWEVER I HOPE this is a case of GoG working out the kinks of Galaxy on one OS then quickly "transferring" the easily compiled Galaxy over to Linux when it's fine tuned. We have a lot of Linux users here and I'd hate to see them left out in the cold.
Azhdar: I guess Ubisoft acquired Call of Juarez.
Not really. The first two games, at the very least, are self-published on some stores (and the first one is also self-published on Steam).
high rated
I was about to say that "Correlation does not imply causation" but here it's worse than that, it's more a case of "2+2 = 4 therefore it proves that apple + oranges = tomato juice" :)

How from "the lack of a Steam API equivalent (i.e. Galaxy API for linux) on Linux might be the reason why some GoG games are not available on linux, as it makes things more complicated for devs to release a Linux version of said games on Gog" do you arrive to the conclusion that "it prove that Galaxy is no longer optional and games are no longer DRM-free" ?
HenitoKisou: For a game that doesn't have LAN/dedicated servers how can you imagine it would handle multiplayer component? Being optional and not needed for single player games (and this game is made more single player in mind than Dead Island series I can assure you on that, co-op is purely optional and often game balance breaking) without these mentioned of course you need some multiplayer infrastructure handled other way.
GOG can provide server component of Galaxy to be included in the game itself, allowing some instances running in server mode. Games in the past did that all the time.
@Gersen: developers can't release the game without Galaxy, i.e. it's an implicit requirement. So DRM-free release is hindered.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by shmerl
NuffCatnip: Apparently not. I had to ask as well :)
I thought the game originally was published by Deep Silver. I mistook this game for Dead Island, the titles are too similar. :P
Well, both games were developed by the same company and Dying Light was originally meant to be a Dead Island sequel, till Techland decided to make it a spiritual successor instead.
Gersen: I was about to say that "Correlation does not imply causation" but here it's worse than that, it's more a case of "2+2 = 4 therefore it proves that apple + oranges = tomato juice" :)

How from "the lack of a Steam API equivalent (i.e. Galaxy API for linux) on Linux might be the reason why some GoG games are not available on linux, as it makes things more complicated for devs to release a Linux version of said games on Gog" do you arrive to the conclusion that "it prove that Galaxy is no longer optional and games are no longer DRM-free" ?
This.
SCPM: I think it's going to be a different one, since they mentioned a 'concurrent global release' for that one, which I take to mean the same date as other platforms.
Ah right. I forgot about this detail.
kero42: at this moment, if I was interested in playing Dying Light on Linux, I would need to buy on Steam.
FTFY.