It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become the Ultimate Vampire!

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is now available for pre-order, DRM-free.

Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 brings the ambitions of the first to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.
The negative voices in this thread based on diddly squat are really annoying.

Paradox is known to make good games. They didnt liked where the first attempt was going. They made a full restart. So where the hell is the basis for this pessimism ? Clearly Paradox IS caring about making a good game.

My main issue is more that Paradox is known for DLC hell.
Geromino: The negative voices in this thread based on diddly squat are really annoying.

Paradox is known to make good games. They didnt liked where the first attempt was going. They made a full restart. So where the hell is the basis for this pessimism ? Clearly Paradox IS caring about making a good game.

Agreed, though i would like to add that the development cycle, it is what you call this right?, for this game does not seem to encourage positive thoughts. It's nowhere along the lines of " Gee paradox is really giving it their all "

Disagreed, we can hardly call titles such as HEO IV or EU 3 .... Cities SL games

Disagreed. Though with another sidenote. I guess it can be called good biz to write a gameplan for your game to be released that does cover the experiences gained with earlier releases. I believe their financial results from previous years do reinforce this course. And with their main killer being HEO IV i think it is easy to understand why you would want to release a lot of DLC. Their aim is not on the lighter side of life, nor on the players that require more physical motivation.
Geromino: So where the hell is the basis for this pessimism ? Clearly Paradox IS caring about making a good game.
That might be true with Paradox Development Studio, the publisher is not doing a great job with the other companies they own or the other games they publish.

I've an open mind, but they made so many abrupt changes with this game. Maybe they have their reason, but this does not show much confidence.

But hey let's wait and see!
Geromino: Paradox is known to make good games. They didnt liked where the first attempt was going. They made a full restart. So where the hell is the basis for this pessimism ? Clearly Paradox IS caring about making a good game.
Stuck in development hell for years, "rebooted" multiple times (which is never a good thing). They got rid of peoples who worked on the original, got rid of Chris Avellone. and now they gave the development to a company specialized is walking simulators and not even the good ones.

So, yes, IMHO it's pretty understandable that some peoples might have some slight doubts about the project...
Geromino: The negative voices in this thread based on diddly squat are really annoying.

Paradox is a publisher, you realize. The only thing they're content to control is their bottom line. Else Micronics/Khaos would have quietly folded in the 1980s, Ganso Saiyūki: Super Monkey Daibōken would have been thrown out along with Virtual Hydlide getting thrown to the circular file.

Well, DLC hell is something a publisher tends to have a fair amount of control over. The actual making of the game, on the other hand... Well, they can ruin it, as was even the case for the original Bloodlines, but guarantee success in any way, not so much.
Geromino: Paradox is known to make good games. They didnt liked where the first attempt was going. They made a full restart. So where the hell is the basis for this pessimism ? Clearly Paradox IS caring about making a good game.
I think the pessimism is kinda rooted in the fact that if you care too much about making a good game without compromises, you might end up with Duke Nukem Forever in the end.
"Midnight" - NEW TUNE for Bloodlines 2:
https://youtu.be/HRj9MABsxUs
MysterD: "Midnight" - NEW TUNE for Bloodlines 2:
It sounds impressively good, it creates a fantastic atmosphere, hopefully the ost and the sound design is as good as the first one. Hopefully it ends up being good!
MysterD: "Midnight" - NEW TUNE for Bloodlines 2:
Well, it's just the song from the trailer, now posted separately.
Otherwise, a matter of taste. I for one really don't get anything from it, sounds like the sort of background song that I won't even really notice is playing, and definitely won't remember.
... And now I'll go give another listen to Cain and Isolated. Those really stuck in my mind from (the original) Bloodlines.
paladin181: I completely expect this game to be a total shit show.
I'm wondering how much (were)bear sex this game will have....it better have
enough(once every chapter/area should be fine) or it'll be NO SALE from me ;)

*GR goes off to check his junk customization simulators*
Oh whow did I get many answers to my posting.

Rialmwe: That might be true with Paradox Development Studio, the publisher is not doing a great job with the other companies they own or the other games they publish.
Hmm OK I wasnt aware of that.
Cavalary: Well, DLC hell is something a publisher tends to have a fair amount of control over.
And in case of Paradox, they seem to love creating those.
InSaintMonoxide: I think the pessimism is kinda rooted in the fact that if you care too much about making a good game without compromises, you might end up with Duke Nukem Forever in the end.
I see no sign of them not making compromises. They clearly didnt like where the project as a whole is going.
Post edited October 28, 2023 by Geromino
Was the pre-order closed again? It only says "coming soon"...
I strong doubt this game is good.
the production of this game is so rough like sandpaper.

also the only movie it shows do not look that great more worrisome
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/news/rpg-and-narrative-stream

"Good evening Kindred,

Today we shared some very exciting news on our Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 news stream! We were joined by Sean Greaney (EVP of Darkness) and Ian Thomas (Narrative Director at TCR), who discussed some of the game’s features relating to both narrative and roleplaying. In case you missed it, you can find it below.

In the stream, we were introduced to the protagonist of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2; Phyre, an Elder vampire at odds with the voice in her head, who confronts Seattle’s powerful elites at war over the City’s fate.

Players choose Phyre’s clan and gender and begin exploring a reimagined Seattle filled with compelling characters while maneuvering through complex relationships. Choices and conversations (even outfits!) shape how the environment and characters react to Phyre, changing how the story unfolds.

https://images.ctfassets.net/u73tyf0fa8v1/6vPFPy3BtNPAMLlue2V1iv/82db2607d1ac4d570cd7cccfd9ae89c4/bloodlines2-phyre-portrait.jpg
Render of Phyre as a female character.

We are happy to share that over the coming weeks we will reveal the four clans playable at launch. The first will be revealed next week. In addition to these four clans, an additional clan will be made available via DLC. A sixth clan will appear in a unique, standalone DLC. Details on the DLCs will be shared during 2024. Some of the clans will be familiar to Bloodlines players, but some will surprise!

If you still want more, we can recommend checking out our live-play chronicle Seattle By Night season 2, as Jason Carl leads our Coterie on a journey through Seattle, encountering challenges linked to the events that will unfold in Bloodlines 2.

Watch the RPG & Narrative Stream below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwXf5nMa-UI"