It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ixamyakxim:
Wait a second, you're seriously putting it as me vs you? So are you saying that if I'm town, then you're scum?
You do realise in that case that if you DID vote for me, when I turn up town, you'll be next? Or do you figure you'd have used up your "skill" by then (whether town or scum)?

Kind of annoying how everyone is popping up with claims now (that IS what Dess is doing, right?), to the point where it is possibly/probably nonsense for one of them....and I admit, I wasn't the first, but it does seem to me I'm being the least wishy washy and vague about what I do, and thus the most likely to have a counterclaim (which I don't).

I've been (trying to) follow most stuff going on here on my phone, but I'm not sure I'd be ready to vote for Dess just yet. Either way, it seems likely Dess could be lynched without me. I'll be travelling most of tomorrow, but I'll try to get another post in before I get on my bus.
babark: but I'm not sure I'd be ready to vote for Dess just yet.
I dunno, I'm starting to come around to the idea.

I'm not scum because I see the gamestate clearly and have articulated a confident start to the POE.
yogsloth:
Thank you for posting! :D
Big mistake, obviously, I meant Lift, not Dess.

..I swear, I'm paying attention!
yogsloth:
babark: Thank you for posting! :D
Big mistake, obviously, I meant Lift, not Dess.

..I swear, I'm paying attention!
Lol.

To be fair when I was summarizing my thoughts on your game style/experience way back in that D1 summary, I think half of what I said was actually about hunter, who isn't even in this game. So I can't exactly throw the first stone on this one.

uh, defend babark.

Not sure what Ix was thinking there. That particular proposition is so crazy it honestly didn't even register when I first read it and engaged with the point that made sense. heh.
Ixamyakxim:
babark: Wait a second, you're seriously putting it as me vs you? So are you saying that if I'm town, then you're scum?
Absolutely not. I'm saying that if the three of us (you, Tammy and I) survive multiple nights the rest of town has to seriously start to reconsider the truth of our claims.

And I'll put Tammy as a tier above you and I as "almost certainly town" in the eyes of the rest of the village because I'm pretty sure I verified her (not as truly as a full alignment cop, but enough to satisfy me).

And Tammy has the added "towny benefit" from the rest of town from knowing that if the three of us DO survive and they DO start to doubt her, they can always lynch me for my flip. I'm assuming by that point I'll have found out more about what I do and will be even more confident.
Ixamyakxim: snip
Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

FWIW, you don't look towny for confirming the alignment of someone who already looks 99.9% towny. And you don't even know what you do so your flip doesn't really swing that remaining 0.01% anyway.

Short of visiting someone who died, confirming tammy is probably the action that least proves you as town because any scum could bluff it without giving anything up. But seriously, you're off the table for D2 - stop worrying about how you fit into D3+ problems for the time being.

And uh, don't lynch Tammy. Defend tammy! She's 99.9% town!
This game gets a hell of a lot more exciting when Yog has a little fire in his loins, even if that specific fire is wanting to wander into a barn and that particular fire is enough for Marie to fall in love with him. I'm also noting that Lift's response to wanting to claim is basically a mirror of Dess's behavior near claim: something vague and "I shouldn't claim now because then I won't be effective but if you want to lynch me fine!" mindset that I've never come close to understanding, even in the minds of scum masquerading as town.

I also see that Brasas has finally crawled out of his shell and started pursuing me in the open, which I'm proud of him for doing; I'll hopefully get current by today, which will include responding to the bits and pieces that you've put out into the open.
RWarehall: I stick to my vote switch.
I'm not seeing much effort to save Babark which I would more if he's scum.
Yogs has been suspicious all game and the early day power mention fits too well to the daykill. And even if I'm wrong about him being SK, he's been in my top 5 or so for scum all game to this point.

It all adds up to me, he is the best chance for a positive result. Hence my vote.
Bolded is a highlight of the argument that I thought Lift was so fond of using (but apparently I'm misrepping him on that, I'll find out soon enough). This is what I mean by a self-fulfilling argument; it's an advantageous line for scum to push against a townie because either A) he gets mislynched, or B) they somehow use babark not getting mislynched as a line against him. Sometimes scum play strangely, sometimes scum don't take the opportunities they should, sometimes scum are already pushing the poop out of the wagon, sometimes townies look scummy enough where scum expect that that the town will do the lion's share of the work.

Stanari: I think if Yog is neutral, which seems likely, going after him is a waste of time and attention for D1. Yog being groupscum seems fairly unlikely.
Might I ask where your Yog not groupscum read is coming from?
Can I guess? Is it a tonal read? It's a tonal read, isn't it?
Nachomamma8: This game gets a hell of a lot more exciting when Yog has a little fire in his loins,
I'VE A FIRE IN ME LOINS

AND THE ONLY THING THAT CAN QUENCH IT

BE THE SWEET PUFFY MARSHMELLOW DELIGHTS O' YER LOVE

Don't vote me; I'm Town because if I were Scum and lift were Town, I'd be laying low and letting it happen instead of bopping about with barns and fires and death and such.
Nachomamma8: Can I guess? Is it a tonal read? It's a tonal read, isn't it?
lol - can't stop laughing. in a game full of funny moments, that's going to compete for first prize.

yogsloth: snip
Did you see I asked you to deliver flowers to Ix?

Don't lynch yogs - he has flowers to deliver!
Lifthrasil: @babark: don't you think it would be hight time to claim?

Other than that: aaaargh, what a day! (IRL I mean, not here) Work just swallowed me alive and the next three days aren't going to be much better.

But I'll try to answer some stuff I read, but I'm not going to search all the questions to quote.
Voting reasons: Voting Stanari over Ix: yes, Ix is still scummy. But Stanari is more so. Voting without reason and denial to explain when asked and apart from that very curt and (probably intentionally) useless postings. That's not someone trying to help town. I wasn't aware that she won a major award and I didn't follow the MU game(s). So I can only judge what I see here and I don't like what I see. My Ix+Stanari = scum team theory may have been a bit far fetched, but it seemed like a reasonable assumption at the time.

Reason for 'jumping' to Yogs: was mainly a misunderstanding. I was sure that Bookwyrm had actually claimed with his post which I quoted. And voting for a claimed Mason on Day 1 is anti-town. After the misunderstanding was cleared up (Yogs had seen the 'claim' as pure fluff), I put my vote back to where it was before the misunderstanding.

Reason why voting for a claimed Mason on Day 1 (someone asked that): consider some group of people claiming Mason some time after Night1. To make sure that they are not scum/cult/whatever we will need at least one flip. I.e. either a policy lynch or a NK, which scum will be hesitant to provide as long as the Masons are unconfirmed and can be used as distraction. So policy lynch is the quickest way to a confirmation by flip. That sacrifices one Mason, but confirms the others.
Now consider lynching a claimed Mason before the Masons ever had time to converse at Night. They don't necessarily know already who the other Masons are on Day 1, but only learn of that at Night, when they see who comes to the Meeting (i.e. who has access to the thread). At least it was that way in a game where I was Mason (not here). So, if we kill the claimed Mason now, and his flip actually confirms him, he can't tell us who else is Mason, because he is dead. And scum still can claim Mason on Day 2 saying: yea, we're Masons with Bookwyrm and he totally would confirm that, if he weren't dead. ... And we are in a situation, where we have to get a flip from one of the remaining Masons too, to be sure. Sure, it's possible that all Masons know from the start who the others are. But we don't know that for sure. It's also possible that there are no Masons in the game. But if there are, I want to give them at least one Night to talk to each other before policy lynching one of them. That's why I was against lynching Bookwyrm today although there are several things I find scummy about him. And I still am against lynching him today. Let's wait and see how his gambit plays out.

I hope this post counts as defense and complies with the rules. Ah well. Good night, I am off to bed. I'll try to come here again tomorrow, but I can't promis when I will find the time to do so.
Can I talk about this post (which Bler is also going to have to talk to me about because it was a post that Bler seemed to like quite a bit)?

1) The attack on Stanari is slimy as hell and just a tiny bit ridiculous. It's ridiculous enough where there's probably a grain of truth in the attack (he dislikes Stanari's style because culture clash), but it's yet another instance of Lift not really having any body in his attack. To say that Stanari is "not contributing to the town" because she didn't explain a single vote is ignoring that huge segment of players who aren't actually contributing to the town (and, although this is a biased point, pushing me for "lurking" while still ignoring the huge swath of players who have contributed less is opportunistic garbage along the same lines).

2) The jump to Yogsloth is... robotic. Bookwyrm claimed mason in the most roundabout way possible and then talked about how he could be attempting to draw a kill; the only person who believed it was Lift, who believed it unconditionally and didn't notice that he was the only one around who did. As town, I think that Lift would be a bit more suspicious of the claim, would probably be pushing Bookwyrm to stop all of the RIDDLES AND PUZZLES shenanigans and instead just make a 100% honest claim. Instead, he said "oh, I'll believe it 100% for Day 1 and if he's lying, I'll lynch him and also if he's a mason, I'll lynch him to test his claim" - this is ridiculous. This is scum setting up plays for the future. This is not how human beings think or approach a game of mafia.

Nachomamma8: This game gets a hell of a lot more exciting when Yog has a little fire in his loins,
yogsloth: I'VE A FIRE IN ME LOINS

AND THE ONLY THING THAT CAN QUENCH IT

BE THE SWEET PUFFY MARSHMELLOW DELIGHTS O' YER LOVE

Don't vote me; I'm Town because if I were Scum and lift were Town, I'd be laying low and letting it happen instead of bopping about with barns and fires and death and such.
And if you were scum and you saw the village grabbing out the pitchforks and torches to roast your little wolf buddy, I'm sure you'd be doing something extremely similar to what you were doing now.

And weirdly enough, this isn't exactly something that I can take at face value; as scum, it is far better to do something than nothing an overwhelming majority of the time; when you're posting, you're a face, you're a person, you can make people laugh. When you're sitting back and watching other people destroy each other AND you're on a very shortlist, you get a mislynch (that you'll probably get regardless), but the spotlight is on you tomorrow.
bler144: Did you see I asked you to deliver flowers to Ix?
YEAH I GOTCHU FAM

Nachomamma8: Can I guess? Is it a tonal read? It's a tonal read, isn't it?
bler144: lol - can't stop laughing. in a game full of funny moments, that's going to compete for first prize.
Maybe I need to start making more "KILL KILL KILL" comments and animal noises.
yogsloth: snip
bler144: Did you see I asked you to deliver flowers to Ix?

Don't lynch yogs - he has flowers to deliver!
I understand that you are extremely flattered by young Eric's courting of you, and the prospect of a "delivery boy with benefits" probably excites one who has not felt the touch of a man in many moons, but werewolf loving is not as romantic as mainstream media (or whatever the ancient time equivalent is) would have you believe; one day you'll be in the throes of passion and in the next your closest friends and relatives will be wailing about how you could have had the dashing hero they call Fegus "Fergie" Perkins.

TammyTown: Actually you know what dessimu is really the only person I feel comfortable with voting.
yogsloth: I could move to Dessimu.

He's a guy who fooled me so completely once, I know what he's capable of. His main fault in that game was a certain lack of engagement, but after I accused him of being Scum, he fought back to effectively I actually apologized, lol. If he hadn't been caught mechanically (I think the cop got him, right?) he would have sailed past me the whole game.

There's that same distance here. I'm not scum-reading him, but I'm not sure I ever really would. I wouldn't hate this lynch.
I don't mind yogsloth's initial response to Tammy re: Dessimu; it seems like a pretty instant response to bus on not a whole lot when I've seen him give his partners every opportunity elsewhere.
And yeah this is old hat and this is something that doesn't really matter all that much - but, for the record, as a serial killer I wouldn't kill one of the few people I knew in the game early or someone who I thought was fun to play with. I'd kill someone boring, or I'd kill someone who annoyed me (or both!).

bler144: I know I juuuust said I was set on babs, but yogs open willingness to chase wagons regardless of quality has me somewhat revisiting the need to just remove him from the equation. To all appearances scum don't even have to openly blackmail him, just let him run.

This is Arthur Dent on steroids, but at least Leonard made a show of evaluating suspect/wagon quality and trying to look like a townie who wasn't a primary threat before piling on. Yogs' game is "Make a wagon and I'll be there."

Sigh. 1) babs and dear god we'd better be right or we are in serious trouble as early as D2 if yogs' game holds
2) yogs. And if not, I really hope this is all elaborate D1 performance art.
Marie, darling, I promise to stop pestering you about yogs if you let me in how his game has changed; I saw a glimmer of hope when yogsloth said that he was going to push Brasas and me and Brasas complimented him on his passion, his fury, and now see disappointment when he's regressed to following onto life because BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS and, while he has made some wonderfully endearing comments about getting lost in your barn, has suddenly lost his fire for pushing me/Brasas for the time being.

RWarehall: Also, why does no one want to take a serious look at Tammy or Nacho?
Brasas: Like, someone (hint: me) said Nacho was on the list to vote if anything got moving in his direction.

I have been looking at him, but it's inconclusive and I feel conflicted. In a nutshell I really dislike his misrepresentaions of what I said, bordering on flat out lying. When he's not interacting with me though, I kinda like his posts.
Daniel, could you point out the misrep for me?
It's been a while but it's been a point that stuck very very hard for you and unfortunately I have neither the time or technology to dig it up; if you link me, I can reread around that time period and offer you an explanation for what happened between us if you're actually willing to hear one.

Brasas: Dess should be pressured, because he always lurks and needs to be resolved somehow, but the timing is awful.
Why did you think the timing was awful to pressure Dess here?
If I'm understanding your mindset properly, you didn't really have any strong suspects at the time, you didn't really know where to move... why not move to a perpetual lurker that needs to be resolved somehow?
Nachomamma8: Marie, darling, I promise to stop pestering you about yogs if you let me in how his game has changed; I saw a glimmer of hope when yogsloth said that he was going to push Brasas and me and Brasas complimented him on his passion, his fury, and now see disappointment when he's regressed to following onto life because BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS and, while he has made some wonderfully endearing comments about getting lost in your barn, has suddenly lost his fire for pushing me/Brasas for the time being.
Nobody else wanted him.

I don't enjoy howling into the wind.

As noted, I don't hate the Lift lynch, even though it's not my first choice. I'm looking at this through a POE lens.

Yes, I'm aware I've said that before and it didn't end well for Sam Tarly.

Lift ain't exactly clearing himself, and I just don't have the ganas to try and create my own case right now. But Lift is in the POE and there are quite a few solid Townies the wolves are going to have to hack their way through, so I'm comfortable.

You don't have risk your whole ballsack to bet you lynch correctly every Day to still win as Town, ya know, especially when Night 1 spotted us a two-wolf lead.