It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After going back and reading over several people I am going to

Vote dessimu

After going over his posts what it seems to me is he is posting to stay active and trying to appear like he's actually helping without really doing anything. Hiding in plain sight is the feel I get from him.

@dessimu you said not voting is a waste so why are you not voting?

@yogsloth, I still have no clue what the hell you are doing and your game is off, hopefully tomorrow brings some clarification to your antics.
I hate you Yogsloth! I just want to make that perfectly clear.
I had a wonderful theory and you blew it out of the water with sense.
I still like you for scum. Just I don't like you more than I like Babark if you can't be SK.
Unvote Yogsloth

But before I place another vote, I need to weigh Babark vs Dessimu.

Also, why does no one want to take a serious look at Tammy or Nacho? One of them is likely to be SK and even if we are wrong maybe we nab a scum by accident?

@Yogsloth Which of the two would you lean to as SK given you've played with both?
Slow day in the village.

cristigale: I had a chance during lunch to read a bit - wondered if everyone needs to have a vote for a move to occur.
Bookwyrm627: No, because not everyone had a vote placed. I'm guessing it was a two week time limit; Drealmer has talked about a two week Day 1 previously.
If I don't respond to this, I'll forget. I'm wondering if everyone placing a vote will trigger a shift before reaching (what seems to be) a time limit.

I do think yogs is gusty enough to make that play - because no one would make that play, right? Exactly why he would do it. However, I give him credit for being a welcoming host on D1 - I doubt he is responsible for the kill.

TammyTown: ... I thought his earlier "one of the new people have to be scum thing" was an easy way out (incidentally he voted for Fox and I'm starting to think that Fox almost definitely had to be scum unless I'm just sucking at scum hunting this game - although it is day one which is historically my worst day so it could be that also - but I'm just really having a hard time going yeah this person is scum.)
(emphasis added)

@tammy - The highlighted portion is the one part I find incongruent with the rest. If you think Fox is scum, what is your take on Dessimu's early suspicions of Fox? I look at it don't really see scum throwing shade on scum.

trentonlf: After going over his posts what it seems to me is he is posting to stay active and trying to appear like he's actually helping without really doing anything. Hiding in plain sight is the feel I get from him.
I can see this since he returned from his trip. Not sure I see it prior to his long weekend. I did find his early focus on the new players a bit odd. Not that they should be ignored, but it could be seen as opportunistic.
TammyTown: If Bler is scum I'll just I don't know what I'll do eat a hat or something i guess.
Lol. Your alimentary canal is safe.

Where was the Dess wagon earlier? I pressed him just a tad. Then he made sweet moony eyes at me and I just wanted to make him tea and read Winnie the Pooh together under a blanket by lamplight.

I noticed the "we can submit day actions" bit when yogs made it. But a) yogs said "we" and b) yogs isn't an idiot.

The obvious conclusion then and now was that we could mess around and submit narrative-related crap, like drinking from a still and getting bluuRp-gut. I actually tried testing it this morning ("tickle RWarehall") but Drealmer's response this eve was something like "yada yada you're busy trying to decide who to lynch." So I'm guessing it's a thing, probably, but not between sundown-dawn when he wants to reduce the flavor and focus on outcome, based on what we do know.

So it can't be proven/disproven atm, but no other explanation even makes sense. And it ties in with yogs answer to "what he'd been doing" which is bleeping around with his QT making Drealmer generate flavor posts. Indirect shitposting, as it were.

For sundown purposes - I'll defend Lift for the bulk of 1179. I liked it - if he's bullshitting it came across as genuine with a mix of logic and ...questing...that makes sense for him, even if that is just meta. Would echo Stan's question though.

Right now I just want to pull all my hair out. Gut says babark is town. Brain says it's a toss-up because even though he sounds townie, he's not DOING townie, and we need better reads than we get from yogs.

Which is the other reason tammy shouldn't eat her hat - when I'm bald by the end of this game (or even Day at the rate this thing is going) I'll probably need it.

There were two reasons I kinda hit the end of my rope this afternoon:
1) gamestate is a mess - not unusual for D1 really, but dear god this has been a marathon to still have such a mess
2) I went back and read the OP. we can't reach consensus to end sundown, and sundown isn't even the end of this debating.

And life/work was frustrating, which didn't help.

I know drealmer doesn't like hammers, and maybe this all smooths out after D1, but for D1 this system is just bruuuutal. All the normal confusion and second-guessing of D1 dragged out with 3x as many cusp-points for people to dance close and then second guess and move away.

I'm willing to compromise and swing to Dess, I guess. But I think we have the same babark problem - dess is likely to be decent at playing minimalist emote/tone defense, and neither he nor babark have any actual record of note (votes, reads, whatever) to judge them on. So all of us, on both of them, seem to be relying a lot on gut/tone reads.

pre-post refresh:

RWarehall: Also, why does no one want to take a serious look at Tammy or Nacho? One of them is likely to be SK and even if we are wrong maybe we nab a scum by accident?
I tooootally wish we could bet. I would bet you I could predict who did it, what role they have, and what their precise town motive was. And yes, I'm occasionally cocky. But since we can't bet, alas, I just get to wait and see if my theory is correct.

Tammy I still have pretty solidly town on her activity, though sure, that can't be tested til we see flips. Nacho has kinda steadily drifted down under my radar in a way that concerns me. So if there was actually evidence to support SK and this was the gambit (NvT), I'd go with Nacho.

However, I'm ninety...fiveish percent certain it was vig and not SK. Thus the cockiness. And have several pieces of data that tie together in a pretty snug theory involving opportunity, means, and motive, in the classic mystery vein. If you really want to have this out D1 we can, but I think it's counter-productive, personally.

So I'm definitely not voting tammy or nacho just on the theory that one of them "must" be SK. And one would have to ask, why would they bother wasting the shot on someone who hadn't posted in 3 days and was potentially due for modkill. Either someone wasn't paying attention, or more likely imo really wanted to see the flip.

The daykill will either repeat or it won't, and the person in question will either come forward with a vig claim or they won't. Shooting in the dark (much less at two players who don't have any other reason for direct suspicion) for a role that might not even exist is just...an odd suggestion.

I guess i'm not used to seeing you quite this exuberant on the player side - as mod, sure. :)
RWarehall: Also, why does no one want to take a serious look at Tammy or Nacho? One of them is likely to be SK and even if we are wrong maybe we nab a scum by accident?
I agree with most of bler's response. A dayVig seems more likely than a SK with day abilities. I don't think Sushi's death had to be from one of the new players. I think we have regular players who wouldn't bat an eye at killing a new player. Unlike bler, I don't have a good idea who was responsible.

So far, I like what I've seen from both players. Either could be scum. Nacho seems to lurk a bit more. Neither one has given me notable reasons to be suspicious of them on D1.
Dessimu: I am not the best in gathering hard facts as in "he said it/she said it; it leads to that; that means (s)he's the...". But in my previous games that I played, my senses were not too much off. I trust them enough to share them.

And it would be utterly stupid not examine me. For what it's worth, even though I was pre occupied with travel and work, still - there was never a single game where I would get so little attention. Sure, leave the old smith to his own tools.
On further consideration, I have a really hard time seeing scum say this. Doesn't mean it's impossible or even improbable but someone needs to talk me through this post for scum!Dess because my brain is refusing to see it.

Grr. Sundown's cramping my style.

This post swings Dess to the town side for me, but it's literally the only thing that does and if someone manages to explain it coming from scum, then my vote ends up solidly on Dess.
Stanari: Grr. Sundown's cramping my style.
for everyone:

don't sweat it too much, even the simplest of statements are able to contain a defense/offense stance

there is no need to "formulate" arguments (I am able to discern without it being so formal, so just play normal) - just keep in mind Sundown is for focusing on the task at hand only, and if you're in the spirit of "working towards a resolution for the Day" with your post, I'm likely to allow it - especially on Day1 with it being a new thing and there being uncertain boundaries

also remember:

if you are on a vote for no-lynch, you don't need to unvote no-lynch before casting a new vote

hmmm...anything else?

ohyes! you're all doing wonderfully, keep up the good work! power on! GOGOGO!
Post edited September 21, 2016 by drealmer7
Unvote Stanari.
Vote No Lynch.
Unvote No Lynch.
Vote Stanari.
[url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post1168]RWarehall.

Vote Stanari.
Vote QuadrAlien?

Unvote bler144.
Unvote TammyTown.
Unvote Ixamyakxim.
Unvote babark.
Unvote Stanari.

[url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post1166]o e [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post1168]RWare hall.
Bookwyrm627:
God I hate you right now.
Ixamyakxim: ...
Please only make posts that follow the Sundown rules
you've made your argument

let it rest or amend it, repeating it is invalid for Sundown
Post edited September 21, 2016 by drealmer7
I am not scum, so don't lynch me.

drealmer7: you've made your argument

let it rest or amend it, repeating it is invalid for Sundown
I followed the rules precisely while correcting an issue with my vote change.

I clarified my argument slightly as part of the vote correction, so I even followed the rule about adding to one's argument for a lynch during Sundown.
RWarehall: @Yogsloth Which of the two would you lean to as SK given you've played with both?
I have legitimately no idea. They're both high-level players. I have more experience with Nacho than Tammy, but that doesn't actually help here.

However, "SK" is not something we have verified to be in the game. We know Dragon was killed, we don't know why (other than it wasn't a modkill), and that's about it.

Let's party - Dessimu is scum because unicode coffee cup eviiiiiiiiiiiiil!

Unvote babark

Vote Dessimu