It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rrrright I had that thought and promptly forgot.

yogsloth may be insane but he's not rude

and also probably not scum

see: lack of doing
I've having some trouble framing posts to comply with the Sundown rules. My precious shitposting- where hast thou gone?

I realize my participation level hasn't been as high as it usually is. But that doesn't make me a baddie.

Fun note: bler is lying about the blackmail. I have been faithful and dutiful to my dear Mariah. Read carefully.

Is babark at L-1?
yogsloth: snip; notsnip.
Wait, that's your defense?

unvote babark

Oh wait, I agree with that defense. At least on the SK bit.

vote babark

I agree with RW that yogs is the "surer thing" but I think he's the lesser play. Yogs is basically begging to be tracked/copped whatever. Maybe even vigged if that's what happened with Sushi.

So the one real upside to taking him out is to save some investigative role a night. He's completely dangled himself out there, and sure, WIFOM that the obvious-ness keeps people away, but it's way too obvious to be sustainable for a game that theoretically might run 6-7 game days. I suppose SK!yogs could know the game will likely cycle shorter, but I don't think there's a good case for him killing Sushi.

And I think we're too hung up on the Sushi kill atm. Well certainly I could end up being wrong, when I pieced it together I thought I was clever to get there first but that everyone would spot the obvious stuff pretty quickly. And maybe they have and aren't saying.

If this weren't sundown I miiiight be willing to drag it out and talk through it, but at this point I think it sends town down the wrong path.

yogsloth: Is babark at L-1?
Would I lie about something as important as our love?

Drealmer PMed me that he's out most of the day. I meant to do one for myself but work keeps getting in the way - mostly IT coming to work on upgrading my database so I have to keep closing out of everything.
bler144: Would I lie about something as important as our love?
You are one crazy-ass chick. Next you'll be nailing a pig's heart to my door.

Sundown content: I am not neutral. I am not a serial killer. I am plain Jayne Townaroo. The Hero of Scranton. Back off me, crazy lady.
Beh...I feel like what I'd imagine one of those cancer diagnosees who is then told that they were misdiagnosed.

...and then are called back the next day to tell them that they might actually still have cancer.
Thought I was done yesterday, and then I was undone, and then I was back to maybedone...

Kinda unfortunate that I don't really thing the most plausible alternate right now (yogsloth, I think, who has even joined my wagon) is really scum. He's just behaving too obviously.

There goes my "defensing" :D. Don't see any purpose in defending myself at this point, anything and everything I say is twisted into some sort of tell or suspicion that "proves" I'm scum.

I'm not sure what the point of "leaving a legacy" with my thoughts on others (more so than I've done already, anyhow) is either. Just because I'll possibly be dead by the end of the day doesn't make my unrelated reads any more accurate.

While I doubt RW is going to become a viable lynch candidate right now, I'll just leave my vote there for now. With the alternates being not voting for anyone (not sure I agree with that), or yogsloth (who I don't think is scum), and...Lifthrasil? Who isn't really even on my radar (which is possibly a sign of a bad thing, who knows).

See you in the morning (maybe?) I guess?
yogsloth: Sundown content: I am not neutral. I am not a serial killer. I am plain Jayne Townaroo. The Hero of Scranton. Back off me, crazy lady.
That's a lie! Jayne has no wife, just a sweet, sweet g/f named Vera.

Well, I thought we were having a yogs vs. babark wagon debate but the actual data disagrees with me. I'm going to defend myself here - not paying attention is NOT SCUMMY people. Surely everyone can sundown that?

This is not a vote count, because that's not allowed, but take the number you asked about, then double it to reach the solution because the substitute merc is voting for the substitute bleeder.

babark: snip
Well, shit. If he is mafia he's playing a hell of a game at nailing tone. Consistently. I'd thought he was playing a good game, but that...man, that is really good.

Sigh. Now I'm torn on even asking him to claim.

I'm voting for yogs (or Lift) over Stan if scum!babs comes tumbling apart. To pretty much no one's surprise.
I kinda caught up... but what a crap reading... folks, I popped in mainly to say I won't be around for like 24 hours or more. Just finished packing and have a flight to catch in 5 hours. Will try to catch some zzz.

I see we progressed phase, and are still heading to a babark lynch.

babak has given up, which I read as null. I still think docbear was a derp read and so feel like just flat out stating this is a lynch I won't join. But who am I kidding, I'd probably even hammer if it got us moving and out of the nightmare eventually... and I'm not sure how I feel about myself on that.

Of course there's no hammer... and I'm not sure if the above counts as a defnese or an attack, or maybe both. But I hope it counts as something so I;m not in breach of the rules.
@babark: don't you think it would be hight time to claim?

Other than that: aaaargh, what a day! (IRL I mean, not here) Work just swallowed me alive and the next three days aren't going to be much better.

But I'll try to answer some stuff I read, but I'm not going to search all the questions to quote.
Voting reasons: Voting Stanari over Ix: yes, Ix is still scummy. But Stanari is more so. Voting without reason and denial to explain when asked and apart from that very curt and (probably intentionally) useless postings. That's not someone trying to help town. I wasn't aware that she won a major award and I didn't follow the MU game(s). So I can only judge what I see here and I don't like what I see. My Ix+Stanari = scum team theory may have been a bit far fetched, but it seemed like a reasonable assumption at the time.

Reason for 'jumping' to Yogs: was mainly a misunderstanding. I was sure that Bookwyrm had actually claimed with his post which I quoted. And voting for a claimed Mason on Day 1 is anti-town. After the misunderstanding was cleared up (Yogs had seen the 'claim' as pure fluff), I put my vote back to where it was before the misunderstanding.

Reason why voting for a claimed Mason on Day 1 (someone asked that): consider some group of people claiming Mason some time after Night1. To make sure that they are not scum/cult/whatever we will need at least one flip. I.e. either a policy lynch or a NK, which scum will be hesitant to provide as long as the Masons are unconfirmed and can be used as distraction. So policy lynch is the quickest way to a confirmation by flip. That sacrifices one Mason, but confirms the others.
Now consider lynching a claimed Mason before the Masons ever had time to converse at Night. They don't necessarily know already who the other Masons are on Day 1, but only learn of that at Night, when they see who comes to the Meeting (i.e. who has access to the thread). At least it was that way in a game where I was Mason (not here). So, if we kill the claimed Mason now, and his flip actually confirms him, he can't tell us who else is Mason, because he is dead. And scum still can claim Mason on Day 2 saying: yea, we're Masons with Bookwyrm and he totally would confirm that, if he weren't dead. ... And we are in a situation, where we have to get a flip from one of the remaining Masons too, to be sure. Sure, it's possible that all Masons know from the start who the others are. But we don't know that for sure. It's also possible that there are no Masons in the game. But if there are, I want to give them at least one Night to talk to each other before policy lynching one of them. That's why I was against lynching Bookwyrm today although there are several things I find scummy about him. And I still am against lynching him today. Let's wait and see how his gambit plays out.

I hope this post counts as defense and complies with the rules. Ah well. Good night, I am off to bed. I'll try to come here again tomorrow, but I can't promis when I will find the time to do so.
Brasas: woe is me
Sleep is good, and I know it's D1 and dear god this day has gone on for like, years and needs to end.

But you don't have anything to propose other than joining a lynch you won't join because ....zzzzzzz? It's not a fait accompli.

No opinions on instead opting for Stan/yogs/Lift/RW/whoever?

Seems like a lot of silent voices in the room as we head down the homestretch.

babark: I'm not sure what the point of "leaving a legacy" with my thoughts on others (more so than I've done already, anyhow) is either. Just because I'll possibly be dead by the end of the day doesn't make my unrelated reads any more accurate.
unvote babark

If you're town, you're correct, they don't do much if you croak, but prior to that point might show a) you're invested and trying to problem solve, and b) might observe something that resonates with other voters. I have no idea what that's like since I just yell shit and no one cares, but in theory it's possible - dedo does it.

vote yogsloth

But imo it's mostly so that, if you are scum, you were held to account of saying something. It will have plenty of WIFOM, sure, but if you try too hard to lie that will make you suspicious, and the reads you leave behind might give something away.

TLDR; it might do nothing, or it might have use. But as much as I'm on the fence about you now, not committing to anything looks kinda like you don't want to be on record for anything. No reads (other than the person who did the most to push your wagon), no claim, etc. And...even if you are town, that's not really townie. You've been to L-1 and you're still a blank slate other than some awesome AtE/tonal stuff.

At L-1 you didn't have anything that might have value if shared rather than taken to your grave?

unvote yogsloth

The other problem is you're definitely in "not-going-to-be-NKed" terrain unless scum are paranoid this is all a clever ploy to conceal a town PR. So if you're NKed we'll know Wyrm is scum. So yeah, as a toneread, now you've got me hooked, but ...

vote babark

this game is ...frustrating atm.

I'm out for a few hours. Maybe the night, IDK.
I'm still like four pages behind and really hope to get them read tonight, but I'm finally feeling comfortable with a vote and I wanted to make it before I start second guessing myself.

vote: dessimu

Yes, I realize he's a lurker and there's not much to go on, but that's in part the entire problem. Every single other person I can find a reason I don't want to lynch them, some probably sillier than others, except dessimu. I don't think it's just because he's lurking because quad is also lurking but I like what he says and I remember liking it days after I've seen a post from him, but not dessimu. I thought his earlier "one of the new people have to be scum thing" was an easy way out (incidentally he voted for Fox and I'm starting to think that Fox almost definitely had to be scum unless I'm just sucking at scum hunting this game - although it is day one which is historically my worst day so it could be that also - but I'm just really having a hard time going yeah this person is scum.)

I don't have a grand case or anything, just a general no post he's made has made me go that could be town.

It is entirely possible that lift and/or barback are scum as well, but their posts kind of pull at my heart strings a bit. Lift in a sense because he feels pretty earnest in his approach and there have been some posts that I've liked on a theory kind of level, which isn't really alignment indicative, but. And barback has been on the defensive so much that it's hard to get a proper read out of him. Yes, doing almost nothing but defending yourself is an easy avenue for scum, but it's also a trap that town get themselves into all the time too. He's been on the defensive since his arrival, and I can't quite tell if it's defensiveness because of that or it's a distraction from doing real scum hunting. I'd kind of like to see what he will do when he's not defending himself all the time.

Hopefully I'll finish the last few pages tonight, but if not I have some free time tomorrow and I'll make sure this gets it.
I am caught up, and I'm still feeling good with my vote.

Stanari - you're scumreading dessimu, will you join me?

Nacho - I know you feel warm in Lift's sweet embrace, but what do you think about dessimu?

Dess - I wasn't voting at that point because I didn't feel comfortable with a scum read. I'm a slow voter most games. If you read what I've been saying, you'd see me talking about my vote and who I was going to vote.

I still have Bler super town and think that RW's suspicion there is wacky. People have strong town reads all the time, and every now and then I see somebody claim that can't possibly be possible. It tends to come from newer players though and I got the feeling that RW was not new so that's throwing me for a loop but then again his scum hunting methods based on slips, which are super rare, and contradictions don't make me want to tango either. If Bler is scum I'll just I don't know what I'll do eat a hat or something i guess.

I also still like cristi, brasas and stanari for town. Oh i like trent as well. I wouldn't vote for any of those today.

I also won't vote for wyrm, nacho, or yogs. I do hear what all of you are saying about yogs, but I am being a bit swayed by his assertions that he's town. I also think some of my hesitance in voting him is that he's one of the only familiar faces here. Same with nacho. Now that fox and sushi are gone, they're the only bits of familiarity I have left and I really want them to stay here with me so I have someone to sit with at the lunch table. Does that make sense? I'm not not trying to read them, but I'm not ready to give up my blanket today.

Actually you know what dessimu is really the only person I feel comfortable with voting. I literally have no other scum read that i feel good about. I know that even if I'm right and he is scum that there are still more, but gods help me I have no clue who they could be. I know I'm town reading scum, but dessimu just feels so right.
TammyTown: Actually you know what dessimu is really the only person I feel comfortable with voting.
I could move to Dessimu.

He's a guy who fooled me so completely once, I know what he's capable of. His main fault in that game was a certain lack of engagement, but after I accused him of being Scum, he fought back to effectively I actually apologized, lol. If he hadn't been caught mechanically (I think the cop got him, right?) he would have sailed past me the whole game.

There's that same distance here. I'm not scum-reading him, but I'm not sure I ever really would. I wouldn't hate this lynch.
Unvote babark

I am going over several players again and will place my vote later tonight or in the morning. babarks latest posts have me second guessing my suspicions of him and I have a feeling it's a bad lynch if we do it. A lynch just to have a lynch is not what we should be doing.
vote count / votecount / vote-count

Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith ........ -- 1 -- Sarah (TammyTown),
Sean O'Donnell (Sean-O!) ....... -- 1-- Fergus (Nachomamma8),
Laura Jennings ......................... -- 5 -- William (QuadrAlien), Claire (cristigale), Eric (yogsloth), Emma (Ixamyakxim), Marie (bler144),
Emma Hess ............................... -- 0 --
Adam Johnson .......................... -- 1 -- Laura (babark),
William (Bill) O'Brian ................ -- 0 --
Craig Adams ............................. -- 0 --
Daniel (Dan) Evans .................. -- 0 --
Claire Dwyer .............................. -- 0 --
Eric Barton ................................. -- 1 -- Adam (RWarehall),
Fergus (Fergie) Perkins .......... -- 0 --
Sarah Matthews ........................ -- 0 --
Emily Barton .............................. -- 0 --
Marie Thomson ........................ -- 0 --
Justin Dawson .......................... -- 3 -- Dan (Brasas), Sean (Lifthrasil), Craig (Bookwyrm627),

not wanting to kill anyone ....... -- 3 -- Nathan (Dessimu), Justin (Stanari), Emily (trentonlf),

if your vote is not where you want it, say so, and I'll correct the votecount
Lifthrasil: @babark: don't you think it would be hight time to claim?
:S

:S :S :S

I read this line and my first reaction was KILL IT WITH FIRE. Actually maybe that's this whole post. Dunno why.
Voting without reason and denial to explain when asked and apart from that very curt and (probably intentionally) useless postings.
I think calling my posts useless is stretching it. A lot.

I don't think at any point I've objected to giving an explanation? Actually that may not be true. If I hold back the reasons behind a read it makes it harder for scum to pander to my tells...although here that's probably not as big a concern. But sometimes the explanation is just "because I felt like it".
That's not someone trying to help town.
I'm not trying to help town, I'm trying to catch scum.
I wasn't aware that she won a major award
I wasn't aware either!
and I didn't follow the MU game(s). So I can only judge what I see here and I don't like what I see.
Perhaps what you see is Stanari hunting more and obvtowning less.
My Ix+Stanari = scum team theory may have been a bit far fetched, but it seemed like a reasonable assumption at the time.
Why does it no longer?

TammyTown: Stanari - you're scumreading dessimu, will you join me?
I'm...not entirely sure yet. Though I'm definitely moving in that direction.

I really really want the rest of this post to be town.