It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

omega64: Probably not, trading is at your own risk. :l
roi.yog: yea but an account made soley to scam people, and by what gog support said, that is the case, deserves a ban.
Ah, yeah just contact support.
Perhaps mention it in the known scammers thread.
Post edited March 23, 2016 by omega64
Thank you for a nice trade, scanix !

Updated the trade list.

Here is my list of confirmed trades.
Post edited March 23, 2016 by skimmie
skimmie: Thank you for a nice trade, scanix !
Thanks for a smooooth transaction! :)
I just got Crypt of the Necrodancer for free from the Insomnia sale. Anyone want to trade?
Post edited March 23, 2016 by Frajalistic
Hi there everyone,

I'm new to trading but am assuming that what is exchanged is the gift codes. I'd appreciate a guide as to what should happen i.e. what steps each of us takes, also what those who scam tend to do, or not do.

I've 2 games I'd like to exchange:

Pharaoh and Cleopatra
Star Wars X-wing special edition

I've made my wishlist public, so hopefully there will be something there that's suitable.

Cheers in advance guys and gals.
Polly77: Hi there everyone,

I'm new to trading but am assuming that what is exchanged is the gift codes. I'd appreciate a guide as to what should happen i.e. what steps each of us takes, also what those who scam tend to do, or not do.

I've 2 games I'd like to exchange:

Pharaoh and Cleopatra
Star Wars X-wing special edition

I've made my wishlist public, so hopefully there will be something there that's suitable.

Cheers in advance guys and gals.
Do you have them as Gift Codes or are they in your Library?

If they're in your Library you can't trade them.
roi.yog: i was scammed by a guy calling himself WOLDOM
i hope if you see this WOLFDOM, go jump off a cliff
and i hope his IP was banned forever or something...
known_scammers please read incomplete list. anyway who scammed you and which games were scammed title, platform and key or humble link?

please take the time to contact gog, humble and/or steam support to deactivate the keys. you won't get them back, but the scammer doesn't get them eighter. this helps a lot, to make their scamms worthless.

also tell gog support about that account WOLFDOM that scammed you, so they shut em down
Thanks for the prompt replies wanderer_27 and apehater.

The games are not in my library - I have gift codes.

The link to the list of scammers is great - I've printed it off.

Thank you both.
Polly77: Thanks for the prompt replies wanderer_27 and apehater.

Thank you both.
I wouldn't do any trading at all here, if I were you.
The forum is full of impersonators and new fake accounts (expecially after 2014).
Good luck..
Post edited March 23, 2016 by phaolo
Sorry to hear about that. If you'd like, you can have my copy of The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II.

I was hoping to get Tales from the Borderland or Kerbal Space Program, but luck was not with me and I'm put off trading by all these scammers. I thought I'd make a good will gesture instead - if you'd like the game. My backlog's big enough that I'm not so bothered about trading for another game.
Yep me too. Sorry to hear that. What did you lose? I lost Lego Star Wars Complete and Red Orchestra 2 :(

Update: He wanted my email address "to send your lovely gifts" and I asked him to just send via chat, which he refused to do, so he's phishing for email addresses too.
Post edited March 23, 2016 by Nemesis44UK
Bumping my trade list and thank you Dgaart for the trade.
Polly77: Thanks for the prompt replies wanderer_27 and apehater.

Thank you both.
phaolo: I wouldn't do any trading at all here, if I were you.
The forum is full of impersonators and new fake accounts (expecially after 2014).
Good luck..
Now that's a bit harsh. Yes, you have to be really careful and yes, there are is more than a few scammers around, but more-or-less 'safe' trading is doable if you pay close attention and stick to a few simple rules (as a new trader trade only with long-time trusted and verified traders, as a long-standing trader make new traders go first and, last but not least, install the barefoot essentials and adalia fundamentals scripts. Besides being brilliant enhancements to the functionality of the forum, they make it MUCH easier to check if you're dealing with the correct persons and not some impersonator).
phaolo: I wouldn't do any trading at all here, if I were you.
Good luck..
skimmie: Now that's a bit harsh. Yes, you have to be really careful and yes, there are is more than a few scammers around, but more-or-less 'safe' trading is doable if you pay close attention and stick to a few simple rules (as a new trader trade only with long-time trusted and verified traders, as a long-standing trader make new traders go first and, last but not least, install the barefoot essentials and adalia fundamentals scripts. Besides being brilliant enhancements to the functionality of the forum, they make it MUCH easier to check if you're dealing with the correct persons and not some impersonator).
Yes, but how could new users identify "long-time trusted and verified traders", avoid impersonators, know about scripts, etc?
There's no control or penalty fo scammers, so each trade is a risk.
Also, see Nemesis44UK, he has been just scammed too..
phaolo: Yes, but how could new users identify "long-time trusted and verified traders", avoid impersonators, know about scripts, etc?
There's no control or penalty fo scammers, so each trade is a risk.
Also, see Nemesis44UK, he has been just scammed too..
Definitely true, each trade is a risk. And yes, for new traders it's extra difficult. I'm just saying they have a choice; not trading is of course a sensible and safe solution, but if you want to join in on the trading and take the time to read up and ask around (like Polly77 did in post 11274) then it's fair to say that trading here is a pleasant affair most of the time.