It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: ... none of us want to see someone throw their money away.
yep, before you throw it away, just throw it in my pocket :) i can use it
tinyE: Unfortunately demos are a dying thing. If you can't find a demo
Emm, that's not an issue, "playing a demo" was a politically correct way of saying I'd torrent the game to see if I want to buy it...
high rated
tinyE: Unfortunately demos are a dying thing. If you can't find a demo
chromeneon: Emm, that's not an issue, "playing a demo" was a politically correct way of saying I'd torrent the game to see if I want to buy it...
Oh, so you mean pirate it.
There is nothing pc or un pc about that, it's a bullshit thing to do whatever you call it.
Yeah, well if it has a demo, I won't have to. And I didn't bother to do it for those 2 games I was talking about since they were cheap. But if I'm gonna spend double digits on a game I know very little about I'd rather try it first anyway I can, especially since I can't trade it or sell it if it turns that I don't enjoy it like I can do with products I buy IRL.
chromeneon: Emm, that's not an issue, "playing a demo" was a politically correct way of saying I'd torrent the game to see if I want to buy it...
tinyE: Oh, so you mean pirate it.
There is nothing pc or un pc about that, it's a bullshit thing to do whatever you call it.
tbh, before gog, i had to resort to torrent some games AFTER i bought them in physical/boxed edition because the copy-protection system of my legit discs were completely messing up my computer... (was a decade ago, before steam's domination and so on).

if i wanted to play my games, i would have to ever give up on my system's stability/security(1) or to cope with tedious things... or use a crack. btw some game publishers few times did provide their customers with pirate-scene nocd exe when their stuff was failing on customers (you could see the team/group of hackers signature in the hex view of the file)
i had sworn i would never get myself fooled again, but then few years ago i bought Heroes of Might and Magic 6 (aaaah ubisoft....go hate them, on my behalf) and i did try to check the online store description of it where i purchased it, or get some clues online, and i wasnt warned at any step of purchase about the anti-legit customer system until i could read the back of the dvd box... didnt even unwrasp it, nor played it at all (legit or shady alike).

(1) for real, official game faq or manual would advise to not use some official microsoft tools on my system, or to shut down my antivirus and firewall when it came to ,troubleshoot the game launch crashes caused by anticopy protection... and i dont even mention some that would eat 50% of cpu time like in neverwinter 2 at its release

so now i dont even bother getting shady versions of games... because if the game has a "shady" version, it means the legit version has DRM... and unless very rare exceptions now, i wont buy games or even get interested in them if they dont exist in a DRMless version (gog or other platforms)

so far, my soul weakness count (means purchasing a DRM game knowingly and half-"willingly") can still be measured with my fingers...
GOG is a blessing in so many ways indeed. For example after buying Icewind Dale I managed to damage (actually break into pieces) the disc of the expansion, so the only way to play the game was to torrent the missing disc..It's still there looking ugly in the game's box.
One possible alternative no one has mentioned is Youtube & Let's Play type videos.

Not quite the same as playing, but they do give a better impression of what a game is like i comparison to Game Trailers (which can be misleading).
Also the pirating can't be stopped because the money rule everything.
Trade List (post10320) +Bump+
Wanted:

Dwelvers
Sumico - The Numbers Game
Vampire Legends The True Story of Kisilova
Fairy Tale Mysteries The Puppet Thief
The Secret Order 2 Masked Intent
Eventide Slavic Fable
Doorkickers
War Of The Vikings
Sunless Sea
Party Hard
Ark Survival Evolved
Feesh
The Hive
Outcast 1.1
Nightmare on Azathoth
Styx
Snik
Alien Isolation
The Last NightMary
Dead Synchronicity

Have:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post9
WANT:

GOG

will trade multiple keys for each one
STASIS
The Wolf Among Us
Shadowrun Hong Kong EE

lower priority
Dead Synchronicity

Steam

Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

A Story About My Uncle
Alien: Isolation
Anna's Quest
Banished
Batman: Arkham Origins
Bioshock Infinite
Black Sails - The Ghost Ship
Blues and Bullets
Botanicula
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Ceville
Contradiction
Contrast
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today
DeadCore
Deponia: The Complete Journey
Detective Grimoire
Eventide: Slavic Fable
Gaz Guzzlers Extreme
Gomo
Grey Goo
Her Story
Knights of Honor
Last Half of Darkness - Society of the Serpent Moon
Lords of Xulima
Lumino City
Machinarium
Memento Mori 2
Memoria
Message Quest
Metal Dead
Papers, Please
Pathologic Classic HD
Randal's Monday
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Reversion - The Escape
Reversion - The Meeting
Shadows on the Vatican Act II: Wrath
Sokobond
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie
The Banner Saga
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
The Fall
The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
The Room
The Stanley Parable
The Talos Principle
The Travels of Marco Polo
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths
UnderRail
Venetica Gold Edition
Year Walk

HAVE:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post10283

post 10283
Hello,
I want to start collecting games on gog as much as i do on steam and that's why i'm here lol....

[H]
-Steam-
-Almost any game available on steam (feel free to offer)
-GoG-
Duke Nukem 3D - many of those

[W]
-GoG-
Feel free to offer...Some of the games i'd like to get:
Quake III, Stronghold Crusader, TES III Morrowind or the other TES games, Mortal Kombat 1+2+3, UT games, Pharaoh+Cleopatra, Age of Wonders, Heroes of Might and Magic games, Stronghold HD, Settlers, Sam and Max games, Neighbours from hell, Prince of Persia, SIgma Team games, Earthworm Jim 3D, Cannon Fodder, Tomb Raider Games, Rayman Games, Sensible Soccer, Flatout, Serious Sam games, Fallout or Bethesda games, Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity (and other Diablo-like games), Baldur's gate 1/2 etc etc...
Post edited March 23, 2016 by HyenaOnDrugs
Been away... Trade list bump

Post edited March 27, 2016 by plan99
Want:
Insomnia Deals

Have:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post8014
Anybody got Legend of Kay: Anniversary during the promo? I'd be willing to trade some of these in exchange.