It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

elcook: It's 1500+ deals out of 2000 games in the catalogue, I guess that's enough to pick something for your liking, right? :)
So yes, everything is put on sale from day 1, and will be here for the next 2 weeks. Enjoy!
I'm not complaining about the number of games on sale, but about the weak discounts on some. For example in bundle deals in the past Caesar III was 80% off. Now it's only 40 as standalone. I have it already, but just an anomaly imho. Also I liked the old bundles format better with packages getting a full/higher discount. This motivated me to buy and discover some games that I wouldn't otherwise bought probably.
Melvinica: This is how the site presents to me and the tabs to select the categories don't work.
It's the same for me too. I made a post about this just a page up. I hope it gets worked out soon!
ShadowAngel.207: Also the previous times there were Franchise Bundles with an additional discount over buying them separelty, that seems to be gone. In it's place i get lists from Gamestar, PC Games, Brugaar (magazines and youtubers) that all contain the same games and basically are just wishlists but not "Buy all those games, get a good price" or "pick # out of this for # discount".
eiii: I agree. I also miss those "real" bundles (with a bundle discount) and do not even look at these "celebrity" collections.
On the other hand, I dislike those bundles, because I'd have to buy a bunch of stuff I'm not at all interested in and will probably never play just to get the "good" discount on the one or two I DO want. So, it's good that they don't do those in every big sale. :)
HunchBluntley: I don't think that was very common until recently, though -- and it's never happened with a major sale announcement in the time I've been here.
Perhaps you're right about the latter part but they've done it on a regular basis with regard to other sales. This time it's actually starting to look like they can't be bothered to post an official announcement.

HunchBluntley: Perhaps they're suffering growing pains -- too few people to steer the ship, so to speak. :P
I believe it's been that way for a long time...
blotunga: Will there be any new/different/bundle deals during the sale? Or this is it, everything on sale from the first moment?
elcook: It's 1500+ deals out of 2000 games in the catalogue, I guess that's enough to pick something for your liking, right? :)
So yes, everything is put on sale from day 1, and will be here for the next 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for the clarity. And even moreso for all these deals! Good gracious, y'all are selling basically everything at a discount.

Some people hating on the one and done style to this sale, no news of everyday deals. I actually VERY GREATLY prefer this style because it allows me to check my selection of games out and get them without any surprises messing with my budget. So much simpler and less harsh on the wallet that way. And lets me get my games and play them without having to check GOG constantly. Some folks just like to whine.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by BrinkJ
ShadowAngel.207: Also the previous times there were Franchise Bundles with an additional discount over buying them separelty, that seems to be gone. In it's place i get lists from Gamestar, PC Games, Brugaar (magazines and youtubers) that all contain the same games and basically are just wishlists but not "Buy all those games, get a good price" or "pick # out of this for # discount".
eiii: I agree. I also miss those "real" bundles (with a bundle discount) and do not even look at these "celebrity" collections.
I hear that. I've spent more on 'buy everything save more' bundles than anything else. Those and the experience freebies were an incentive to spend a minimum.
Tizoc789: Sooooo is there an EXP system like last time? Or is the site getting so hammered you're unable to fully update the website until a few hours later?
I do not think so. It seems you get Rebel Galaxy with first purchase and that is it.
HunchBluntley: Ooh! That reminds me, I was gonna buy that first time it went on sale. I guess I don't need to look any further to see what I want to buy that'll get me Rebel Galaxy, then! (Though I'll probably still look further. :P )
IAmSinistar: Order of the Thorne: The King's Challenge for under a buck seems pretty unmissable too, unless one already has it (or hates the genre).
I don't really play adventure games much, and I still haven't even played the Thorne devs' previous game, Quest for Infamy, which I got for free during the Double Insomnia sale two years ago. <.< Thanks for the recommendation, though.
Given the blues presence in this thread, should I assume that you won't be posting an official summer sale thread and will instead be using this one?

Edit: Heh, would you look at that:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/set_off_for_the_adventurous_summer_sale_on_gogcom_bdca5
Post edited June 06, 2017 by Grargar
Thanks for the clarification!

And no, nothing interesting this time.
The irony is that if you hover over the "Best PC Games" bundle, you see Tyranny, but it's not actually in the bundle nor is it discounted at the moment.
elcook: everything is put on sale from day 1, and will be here for the next 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Thank you for clarifying that!
If anyone's tempted for This war of mine, wait for Humblebundle sale.
I got it there recently & the drm free version has The little ones DLC included in the same price.
HunchBluntley: On the other hand, I dislike those bundles, because I'd have to buy a bunch of stuff I'm not at all interested in and will probably never play just to get the "good" discount on the one or two I DO want. So, it's good that they don't do those in every big sale. :)
They usually average out as better if you want more than a handful of games out of one. I've had quite a few times where it would be slightly less to get what I definitely wanted over getting entire bundles.

I agree that they tend to be lame when someone does only want a few select games.
Where are my XP levels, my useless badges ? It was a good motivation to visit the site daily ; (