It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dessimu: Bookwyrm, why are you so frustrated?
Irked would be a bit more appropriate. Joe rolls in here to vote a Stump because maybe Mod was a bastard. A Town Stump was voted in a game that specifically has no alignment change modifier, and this is the only thing Joe thought deserved attention here on Day 3 so far.

[PPE: Joe so fluffy, so many words that aren't hunting.]

JoeSapphire: You guys are the crazy ones, not me, with your uncushioned walls and your jackets-with-articulate-sleeves.
You made me laugh. Jerk.

JoeSapphire: I'm [...] struggling to make sense of your point of view in these two sections of the same post. I might be wrong but 'if Dessimu had a vig shot' implies to me you think he's town.
No. I mean "based on how hard Dessimu suddenly rambo'd in here voting for Yog, it feels like Dessimu would have vigged Yog on N2 if Dessimu had a vig shot." It was meant as commentary on Dessimu's sudden and hard aggression, not "I'm reading Dessimu as Town because he didn't Vig Yog".

JoeSapphire: What do you mean by the comparison to Cadaver? They're mafia together?
I'm not comparing their alignment, but their action. Dessimu's opening reminded me of how Cadaver opened Day 2 with aggression against Pooka (Posts 473 and 474). Granted, I didn't like the way either one barreled into their respective new Day with that kind of hard push, so I suppose you could view it as an alignment comparison.

JoeSapphire: Then you say he's going to claim cop, but you don't seem happy about it.
Just felt like that is what he was building toward. "Everybody, I got a Scum result from a cop check on Yogsloth! Let's get him!"

Bookwyrm627: Just make the cop claim already. You're clearly building up to it.
yogsloth: If he had a cop claim, he wouldn't be voting for me.
Unless you're scum or he's scum.

Dessimu: Unvote Yogsloth
Vote ettac
Observation: When pushed to review Catte, Dessimu comes out with scum result. Noted.

gogtrial34987: Reasoning: Thinking about how Catte's absence is frustrating, but par for the course, made me realise how Bookwyrm's behaviour is anything but. When I think about Bookwyrm, I see him as one of the bigger movers and shakers in these games. Gung-ho, pushing wagons, day-vigging whenever he can.
Life has been busy in a way that has prevented me from playing for RL days at a time (for example, weekend into work stuff for the past 3 days). I like it less than you do, and would not be surprised if I eat a lynch for it; even from this side of my play, your concern is reasonable.

gogtrial34987: *blinks* I was convinced this was an original thought of mine - but no, it was Bookwyrm who "planted" the idea; first I gave him credit for it, then I forgot... Question is, was that deliberate on his part, setting it all up - or just happenstance?
Also, reading on, in #621 I arrived at the same point going from Cadaver's #540...
A Bookwyrm-Cadaver scum-team, planting seeds for scum-reads without doing any of the dirty work themselves? (Me, being completely paranoid?)
I'll be honest, I don't even know how to read or feel about this section. Like, apparently I'm first to point something out but I'm actually planting seeds based on something I actually saw and (combined with above) I'm actually lurking in background while directing traffic to push lynches?

ettac cigam si eman ym: Are you and Cadaver scum? Was Cadaver instructing you to shift focus?
Is Catte going to participate more now?

[PPE: Not particularly. He basically just defends himself; still no real scum hunting.]

So, this is listed as a Day 2 Timer. Did anyone already point this out in the...93 posts I haven't read yet? [Hey Micro] Do I win the game now? ;)

Microfish_1: e) basically stating "these two look scummier than the guy I'm voting but I'm not gonna vote them--even tho my vote is useless rn"
Not quite. I think one of Lift or HSL is scum, but not both, and I'm undecided on which is which. That means lynching one is going to reveal scum (whether via the direct flip as scum, or a flip as town implicating the other), but lynching the wrong one kills Town. As I said, I'd be far more certain that Lift is Town if HSL flips scum than I'd be sure HSL is Town if Lift flips scum (reason already given, will not repeat for space), but lynching Town!HSL is more damaging to Town than lynching Town!Lift (based simply on their respective play). For getting a sure clear of the other one, HSL is the better lynch, but there was no way in hell I was getting that lynch so I didn't bother to vote him. Part of my hope was that an investigation would clear or damn one of them, so we can hit right and then move on to find the rest of the scum. Apparently Dedo at least tried, even if he failed.

I certainly don't see my vote as useless, nor did I then. Cadaver was my preferred lynch (certainly better than Pooka), and I actively saw Pooka as a bad lynch. I could have added to Lift's wagon, and I was considering how much Chicken I wanted to play with the timer if No Lynch seemed imminent. When it comes to wagon analysis, my vote on the wagon helps my analysis less than any other vote that isn't confirmed town.

I haven't voted yet this Day because I've already predicted (on Day 2) Lift as the likely lynch after a Pooka lynch, it was very early, and I wouldn't be around to see and react to any claim he might have made for RL days. Looking at the most recent vote count, apparently we're scattered on multiple people now?

There's some hope my schedule won't be as erratic tomorrow as it predicts, so I'll put my money where my mouth is.
Vote Lift.

I feel a lot better about just picking one of the Lift/HSL pair because the Lift lynch no longer gives clues about a single other player. Dessimu's emphatic opening could be to cover for Scum!Lift, meaning Scum!Lift clears HSL as Town and points toward Scum!Dessimu and on the outside maybe hints at Town!Yog (since he was the target for Scum!Dessimu in this scenario). Meanwhile, Town!Lift clears HSL but says less about Dessimu; maybe Scum!Dessimu pulls away from a Lift lynch to help protect Scum!HSL, but this feels a lot weaker.

-----

It is past midnight. I'm going to bed, and will pick up with Lift's 993 next time.
I was mostly afk today, but looks like not a ton going on

although wait last couple posts are votes, ok finally something to talk about

should hopefully have more time tomorrow
ettac cigam si eman ym: I stand by what I said. I had noted the deadline and knew I could find time to be there that evening before the end of the day. When I got there the day had already ended - thus annoyingly early. So I was paying attention and had specifically set aside time based on that knowledge. Care to explain how what I said could be a slip, because I don't really understand what you're getting at. At the moment it seems like you're throwing shade without substance.
ZFR: D2 will last 7 days, ending next Thursday, 9pm Central Europe. I'll prepare timer in a bit.
So you knew about the deadline and you confirmed it and you really expected players to wait till the very last hour??? No, I don't think so. I would never call a 2.5 hours cut of time as *annoyingly early*, it's not a real life airplane. I'm not denying you of your IRL reasons, work can eat all your *working time* and since you knew that it was the last real life, and if you really wanted to post something before EoD you had plenty of opportunities in between of your work.

Certainly, I think it was a *slip your mind*, you realized that you barely participated on D2 and out of fear for others to suspect you of being a professional Lurker you stated how D2 ended "annoyingly early", your intention was to show others that you are well aware of that (your lack of participation) and you wanted so much to post something significant maybe but alas bad Joe ruined it all, he and others who have not voted - they could not wait for you to finally appear.

Intention was good, execution was awful. It raised even more suspicion on my side. There is little substance in your post on D1-D2, so you can say that I'm "throwing shade without substance".

Does it mean that you are Mafia? Only ZFR and Mafia can know that (and maybe some Town PR). Does it mean that on D1-D2 you were not really trying to help Town with searching scum and that your lack of participation only added to the confusion *creating the environment that favors scum* - Yes, it does!

Speaking of lack of time:
ettac cigam si eman ym: Cadaver: I have found myself talking at cross-purposes with Cadaver a few times in the past. I'm not up to following those posts right now though so I can't really say whether either of you are making sense.
Are you up to do it now? No time maybe?

ettac cigam si eman ym: Are you and Cadaver scum? Was Cadaver instructing you to shift focus?
Best defense I've seen. I don't know about Dessimu he can be Mafia or not. I don't know if I'm in one team with him.
Interesting how you assumed us both to be part of Mafia with no Mafia Day-Chat.
How can you blame me for noticing your limited participation? As for the instructing here is a quote for you, perhaps you missed it:
Cadaver747: You mentioned 7 players out of 11 remaining active ones.
You have ignored:
Dessimu (you) - for obvious reasons
Cadaver (me) - probably because of my *wall of text* charm but who knows, maybe you just afraid to mention my name in a negative *scum* way because you have something to hide
HSL - probably because he actually plays the game properly or acts like one
Ettac - This I don't understand - are you trying to say that you are happy with Ettac's play? Because all he does is just showing up and leaving into the darkness. I think it's strange to say the least.
I was asking Dessimu as to why he have not mentioned those 4 remaining players (3 if we count off Dessimu) in his opening D3 post. It was not about you, Catte, but about Dessimu who ignored your name twice and then jumped on you and you reacted, and now we have this conversation.

When I'm done with you, I'll check on others, so don't you worry. Moving on your later posts.
Sorry everyone, I had to deal with a ton of things IRL for the past couple of days and only now I'm starting to get some breathing room. I'll do my best to be on and catch up some time today and post some updated read and vote (well, not really vote but say who I would be voting if I could).
Everyone's surprised to see that Harry Potter is nowhere to be seen.

HypersomniacLive is dead. He was Harry Potter, Vanilla Townie.

Unfortunately, since HSL had to leave and it's extremely difficult to find a replacement 1000+ posts into the game, he has been removed (and for what it's worth, he'd still win if his faction wins the game).

Because of HSL's removal, no active powers, including any factional kills, will take place on N3. It will still count as a Night for any other purpose.

Day 3 will proceed as normal (vote count incoming).

Apologies to anyone affected, but I think this was the best decision to take given the circumstances. So D3 finishes, N3 takes places, but no PRs may use any active powers and no NKs take place, then D4 starts and everything goes back to normal.
JoeSapphire: I’m not sure this was deserving of a gotcha... :(
I understand that.
I was looking at wagons in various ways, trying to see patterns. I did a thing, and suddenly a single name jumped out, and I had this epiphany-like feeling. "Of course, Micro is scum!"
I had a feeling like that once before - in mafia #59, about dedo. Sudden clarity. Couldn't convince anyone of it, and started doubting myself strongly. But I still strongly remember this feeling of it all fitting together. And I had the same here.

...and yeah, I'm now doubting myself. The wagon analysis itself isn't strong; I came up with the counter-argument while trying to assemble my case, and that deflated me quite a bit. But it continues to feel true.

Cadaver747: I don't like Gogtrial style either. For example he promised to come back to me with "proper response" in post #870 and for the 6 subsequent posts avoided addressing me directly
What gives you the impression that I am "fully caught up"? For I most certainly am not. I do not have time for the game this week. That you deserve a response, does not mean you'll get one.
gogtrial34987: @Cadaver: you deserve a proper response to our back-and-forth, but I don't have the time or energy for it atm, and suspect I won't make it a priority unless and until I'm fully caught up with everything else.
@dedo: check me, please. Was what I wrote in #870 unclear to the degree that Cadaver's interpretation can come from a town mindset? Or am I right in reading this as actively malicious?

I have half an hour. Do a full reads list, or re-read micro?

I'll try both.

Town to scum:
Dessimu (my pings got solved to my satisfaction by the rant)
HSL
Joe
Yogsloth
Lift
Catte
Cadaver
Bucktooth
Bookwyrm
Micro

This last group of five is shifting around all the time. I have few real scum reads. For the non-cadaver members of the group, it's mostly that they're all too inoffensive, drifting about in the background. Cadaver meanwhile has been sucking up too much attention, distracting by volume.
Vote Count

ettac 2 - Dessimu(955), yogsloth(964)
Lift 2 - Joe(1034), Bookwyrm(1066)
Micro 1 - gogtrial(1018)
Dessimu 1 - bucktooth(1038)
Joe 1 - Micro(1065)

Not voting - Lift, ettac, Cadaver

10 players in game. Takes 6 to lynch.

ettac and Lift are closest at L-4

When you see a vote count, please make sure your name is shown as voting for the correct person. Let me know if it isn't.

D3 Timer:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20220506T21&p0=1457&font=cursive
Bookwyrm627: So, this is listed as a Day 2 Timer. Did anyone already point this out in the...93 posts I haven't read yet? [Hey Micro] Do I win the game now? ;)
Hooray! You win 10 Naive Vig shots. Don't spend them all at once.
Post edited May 05, 2022 by ZFR
Microfish_1: unvote dedo
and think about who voted for me and why.
Don't know who that comment is directed to, but in any case Micro himself never did, until I prompted him for what he took out of it, and then he came back with extremely weaksauce (#365), not really having any reads. When I then followed up with my impressions (#417 and #459), he took up what I said about bucktooth to give bucktooth a scum-lean (#535) - but now lists bucktooth as his 2nd most towny player (#1065).
(Again the bucktooth-micro connection; also see bucktooth dropping off micro's wagon on D1 as the end of that wagon)
Catte ISO by Cadaver-the-Mad, D3 cont. (with quotes and replies)

ettac cigam si eman ym: Now that's interesting. That's an awfully quick jump onto my wagon as soon as Dessimu changed tack. Was your little dance with Dessimu at the beginning of toDay distancing then?
Could be the case. Mafia game is full of possibilities. Yogs vote might look like the way out of Dessimu's grasp. If you are Town, Mafia players most certainly will chase you to death since you are the next best *lazy wagon* candidate.

It's one of the reason I appealed to ALL to hold their votes for a time being, and Dessimu was not happy with it and even accused me for not reading my posts clearly. (see #1016). If you're Town could have been already dead by now. And Micro's Vote (Catte is scum) / Unvote (realized that he was 3rd on your wagon) adds to the suspicion.

But let's check you other posts first.
Post #971 looks fine
ettac cigam si eman ym: 4. Whether or not Cadaver is, you and Yogs certainly seem to be in sync.
Yes, it definitely looked like it. As for the "whether or not Cadaver is" part I have not voted, nor had I checked on you until later. Unless in your opinion my low lever of engagement in pursuing you when you get 2 votes from Dess and Yogs color me as some kind of Mafia boss with precious PR. Is it how you perceived it maybe?

ettac cigam si eman ym: Hmm. Time to do some re-reading
#975 - 3 jokes in a row
#977 - talking with ZFR (joke)
#980 - talking with ZFR (clarification request)
#984 - talking with ZFR (single emodji)
#1005 - IRL
#1010 - IRL is postponed, going to participate a bit later

#1032 - Not happy with Dessimu's D3 intro post, serious vote, zero justification.
Noticed Yogs vote on Lift(#856) and having a *sparring* with Dessimu
HSL is good for showing up
Gogtrial is sensible for asking for Night actions.
Maxleod wonders about scum preparation for Lift lynch
Micro makes "a check in post" with no real content, only observation
Gogtial again for musing about stumps
Dessimu's off-topic post about yellow burgers

Notices *amazing* vote from Joe on killed Dedo - "Rude!"
Notices how Book named Dessimu for a cop.

ettac cigam si eman ym: Cadaver thinks me saying the day ended early means I wasn't paying attention or is somehow a scum slip. Already asked what he meant but not sure if he answered.
See my reply to that in #1068

ettac cigam si eman ym: Cadaver tells Dessimu to pay attention to me, can't understand why they don't think I'm scum.
Here what I actually said about you when addressing Dessimu:
Cadaver747: Ettac - This I don't understand - are you trying to say that you are happy with Ettac's play? Because all he does is just showing up and leaving into the darkness. I think it's strange to say the least.
Cadaver747: And there you were discussing Cadaver(me) and Book. Nothing about Ettac and you have ignored my part about Ettac either
Cadaver747: I introduced ALL leftover players, Ettac was the most peculiar one, yes. In my opinion he requires our utmost attention
Please quote where I said to Dessimu about how I *can't understand why they don't think YOU're scum*.

ettac cigam si eman ym: Cadaver tells Dessimu off for not focusing on me. Again Dessimu seems disinterested.
Cadaver brings me up to Dessimu AGAIN. Again Dessimu says "Uhhh, ok".
Cadaver says Dessimu should ISO me, Dessimu relents.
First of all, yes, Dessimu was hesitant to even look at you.
Second of all, are you going to provide some kind of analysis or it's just an observation with no content, I thought you were not happy about Micro for the very same or it does not apply to you?

#1032 (cont.)
Ettac explains his *annoyingly early* part to HSL, got back late from work, work ate all remaining time hence why there was nothing on D2 besides Pooka.

Dessimu ISOed Catte with the verdict - must be scum. Ettac finds it to be a weak case against him.
Yogs jumps on Catte soon after, interesting.

I'm not sure but it's seems you're done with observation and started your analysis based on the above:
ettac cigam si eman ym: So we have Dessimu and Yogs going at each other, followed by Cadaver virtually insisting that Dessimu find me scummy, followed by Dessimu suddenly doing a massive u-turn with a weak case and a vote, followed almost immediately by Dessimu's previous pick Yogs voting for me.
Where exactly did I "virtually insisted" that Dessimu finds you scummy?

ettac cigam si eman ym: Dessimu - Yogs: Fight. Possible distancing?
Possible? Yes. I find Dess' vote on Yogs artifical, so *dancing* and follow-up distancing might be the case.

ettac cigam si eman ym: Cadaver - Dessimu: Cadaver trying to get Dessimu to change target. When Dessimu finally cottons on he pulls together the above weak case and declares with a suspicious amount of certainty that I must be scum.
Cadaver was trying to understand why voting Yogs for his D2 sins on D3 is better than Lift which was the best target for Dessimu on D2.
Everything else is your interpetation but if you can, please state your case against me.

If it was the case about *Cadaver trying to get Dessimu to change target*, it could mean that Cadaver was shielding Yogs, probably both are Mafia right?
I'd rather you speak your mind and bring some evidence (I heard you like when others show their evidence).

ettac cigam si eman ym: Yogs - Dessimu: Hopped onto a new wagon very suddenly.
I have a sense of deja vu here, you said before:
ettac cigam si eman ym: Here's the next interesting bit - Yogs suddenly jumps on my wagon straight after Dessimu.
It's like you are repeating yourself or you're analysing the observed facts by repeating the same observation.
Yogs voted Lift on #856 and voted Catte-Ettac(you) on #964. So what you meant by "a new wagon"?

ettac cigam si eman ym: I wouldn't be surprised if at least two of the three are scum. Too much to hope all three are? Probably.
That would be so cool to catch all 3 Mafia in one place. The lurker trap for lazy Mafia, almost too easy to be true, but who knows.

ettac cigam si eman ym: Yogs seems the most likely candidate as his opportunistic hop onto my wagon isn't dependent on either of the other two being scum where the other theories only make sense if both in a pairing are scum.
Could be, but again - it's like we are going in circles here.
But I get it, you suspect Yogs for being Mafia the most for his wagon hopping, Dessimu - for *dancing and distancing* with/from Yogs and Cadaver(me) for *orchestrating* all of this publicly (without using Mafia day-chat, or maybe there is no Mafia day-chat).
Cadaver *insisted* Catte to be scum even though Cadaver can quote himself to show it's not the case.
Fine with me, I don't care.

Yogs was a Lurker like yourself. Do you have anything else on him besides Lift > Catte votes on D3?

Your list of players (as proposed by Yogs):
Yogs - scummy for distancing from Dessimu and voting too fast
Dessimu - scummy for u-turn in voting
Cadaver - scummy for coaching Dessimu (a coaching is against the LAW - that was a joke on my part)
Joe - scummy, also LAMIST link with Cadaver
Lift - NAI? Pooshed Pooka too hard, but self-preservation is reasonable for Town as well.
Book - expect to see more
Micro - low on content but seems ok but he was busy, so it's fine
HSL - sensible posts
Buck - under the radar, 2 posts by that point on D3 and one post was very helpful (which one?)
Gogtrial - super town.

Catte, if you are Mafia. You just blown your goons Buck and Gogtrial, and Micro.
Microfish_1: For whatever reason, I believe Pooka re the accidental hammer. I would think scum would be more careful in their lies.
This does not mean that he would not be a valuable flip. We'd gain info on Pooka, and therefore on Gogtrial, Lift, and a few others.
Microfish_1: Welp, the more I see of the game, the more I am convinced that Pooka, if not scum, is going to give us the best possible flip we have a chance of getting with only 2 days left.
vote Pooka
Microfish_1: I just reloaded and didn't see page 16 jump out at me. it was only when i saw that i was quoting GOGtrials 750 that I realzied "there ought to be a page 16 by now, maybe.
So that shoots my (and other's) argument "that Pooka's claim to reload and not see page XX is false" in the foot. I know I'm town and I just nearly fell for it. in fact, if I hadn't been thinking clearly, I would have just gone ahead and posted.
vote Lifthrasil
Microfish_1: I switched to Lift when I made the same mistake pooka had claimed to make. IIRC my thinking had been "there's no possible way this could be town!Pooka with a crazy excuse like that." then I went to post, misclicked and realized..."I ought to triple-check myself otherwise i look like a stupid hypocrite for doing the exact same thing i JUST voted someone for...
Lo and Behold! I had done the exact same thing when I was conscious of the fact that someone else had done it. So then i realized my whole argument was weak
First you believed Pooka, but thought his flip was most useful anyway, and voted him for that.
Then you missed a page number, thus believed Pooka and claimed that that shot down your reason for voting him. You re-iterated this toDay! But by your own words, that never was your reason for voting him!!!

Gotcha, gotcha, gotcha!

vote Micro!
gogtrial34987: Catte
Cadaver
Bucktooth
Bookwyrm
Micro

This last group of five is shifting around all the time. I have few real scum reads. For the non-cadaver members of the group, it's mostly that they're all too inoffensive, drifting about in the background. Cadaver meanwhile has been sucking up too much attention, distracting by volume.
I was shifting around all the time? How do you mean? D1 - I was on Carradice. D2 - I was on Pooka. D3 - no vote. How am I shifting to you?

gogtrial34987: What gives you the impression that I am "fully caught up"? For I most certainly am not. I do not have time for the game this week. That you deserve a response, does not mean you'll get one.
It's fine that you can't have time converse with me, but you have time to ask others to look into it.

gogtrial34987: @dedo: check me, please. Was what I wrote in #870 unclear to the degree that Cadaver's interpretation can come from
a town mindset? Or am I right in reading this as actively malicious?
You will not get away from me that easily. I will chase you over and over until you *fully caught up* to the degree that I receive my *deserved* response which you promised me! Stop asking others, speak up your mind!

gogtrial34987: Am I misunderstanding Cadaver? Is Cadaver misunderstanding me? Are we both talking past each other, or is there deliberate obfuscation? (ref: #656, #670)
If you mean that *Jester thing* that it looks like you deliberately don't want to pay attention at what I'm posting. I understand that probably you are not comfortable enough with my way of playing, so in case it's a *Jester thing* and you think that it might be a misunderstanding allow me to help you with clearing things up.
If it's about something else (not *Jester thing*), please let me know, I would expect a direct reply addressing me and not other player(s).
Cadaver747: Caraddice' *joke* to Gogtrial meant for their previous play as Jesters
Cadaver747: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Jester
I specifically quoted ZFR where he stated clearly that any ideas about Jesters and bastard elements are impossible to have.
Cadaver747: ...everyone back then called them Jesters (because of modified elements I recon)
Cadaver747: ...other players at Stanley Hotel called you Jesters back then.
Cadaver747: There is no Jesters in this game.
And lastly that post where I stated that I have no idea that such a role even exists (re. my 4th theory about Carradice wanting to be lynched for the sake of *winning* the game)
Cadaver747: I have no idea if such a role exists in Mafia-game reality or not.
To which you replied:
Cadaver747: It does. It's called "Jester"
Are you serious?
Cadaver747: You should be aware of that, since Carradice and me behaved as Jesters in Stanley Hotel, which was frequently referenced.
Are you serious here???

Also that ridiculous Condemner thing was way too off to even consider to discuss in the first place:
Cadaver747: Caraddice' *joke* to Gogtrial meant for their previous play as Jesters, in reality they were having modified Condemner roles with specific Night-Dream ability (Compulsive Visitor with Nightmare fluff), a chat (I think there was a chat, correct me if I'm wrong here) and maybe something else.
Cadaver747: Carradice saw Gogtrial remembered good times, and they were not Condemners, maybe a modified Condemners but everyone back then called them Jesters (because of modified elements I recon).
gogtrial34987: Erm, we were modified Visitors. Not Condemners at all. You seem to continuously be confused about the Condemner role. (ref: #412) Why?
You were the first to name Condemner role even though you weren't Condemners back in that game. I stated that your were Compulsive Visitors in post #356 then in post #549 I specifically said "and they were not Condemners, maybe a modified Condemners but everyone back then called them Jesters" but in the end you accused me of "continuously be confused about the Condemner role".

I understand that I'm *weird* and you are NOT. Is it how it works for you?
Bookwyrm627: Not quite. I think one of Lift or HSL is scum, but not both
Vote Lift.

I feel a lot better about just picking one of the Lift/HSL pair because the Lift lynch no longer gives clues about a single other player. Dessimu's emphatic opening could be to cover for Scum!Lift, meaning Scum!Lift clears HSL as Town and points toward Scum!Dessimu and on the outside maybe hints at Town!Yog (since he was the target for Scum!Dessimu in this scenario). Meanwhile, Town!Lift clears HSL but says less about Dessimu; maybe Scum!Dessimu pulls away from a Lift lynch to help protect Scum!HSL, but this feels a lot weaker.
So, ZFR just revealed HSL to be town. How does this impact your above observation?

Cadaver747: umm
Are quotes in this post right? Without investigating to where each quote leads, it looks like you are arguing with yourself now. Do you need a bump? If everything is right, please confirm that you have made no mistakes.
gogtrial34987: Am I misunderstanding Cadaver? Is Cadaver misunderstanding me? Are we both talking past each other, or is there deliberate obfuscation? (ref: #656, #670)
If you mean that *Jester thing* that it looks like you deliberately don't want to pay attention at what I'm posting. I understand that probably you are not comfortable enough with my way of playing, so in case it's a *Jester thing* and you think that it might be a misunderstanding allow me to help you with clearing things up.
If it's about something else (not *Jester thing*), please let me know, I would expect a direct reply addressing me and not other player(s).

Cadaver747: Caraddice' *joke* to Gogtrial meant for their previous play as Jesters
Cadaver747: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Jester
I specifically quoted ZFR where he stated clearly that any ideas about Jesters and bastard elements are impossible to have.
Cadaver747: ...everyone back then called them Jesters (because of modified elements I recon)
Cadaver747: ...other players at Stanley Hotel called you Jesters back then.
Cadaver747: There is no Jesters in this game.
And lastly that post where I stated that I have no idea that such a role even exists (re. my 4th theory about Carradice wanting to be lynched for the sake of *winning* the game)

Cadaver747: I have no idea if such a role exists in Mafia-game reality or not.
To which you replied:

gogtrial34987: It does. It's called "Jester"
Are you serious?

gogtrial34987: You should be aware of that, since Carradice and me behaved as Jesters in Stanley Hotel, which was frequently referenced.
Are you serious here???

Also that ridiculous Condemner thing was way too off to even consider to discuss in the first place:

Cadaver747: Caraddice' *joke* to Gogtrial meant for their previous play as Jesters, in reality they were having modified Condemner roles with specific Night-Dream ability (Compulsive Visitor with Nightmare fluff), a chat (I think there was a chat, correct me if I'm wrong here) and maybe something else.
Cadaver747: Carradice saw Gogtrial remembered good times, and they were not Condemners, maybe a modified Condemners but everyone back then called them Jesters (because of modified elements I recon).
gogtrial34987: Erm, we were modified Visitors. Not Condemners at all. You seem to continuously be confused about the Condemner role. (ref: #412) Why?
You were the first to name Condemner role even though you weren't Condemners back in that game. I stated that your were Compulsive Visitors in post #356 then in post #549 I specifically said "and they were not Condemners, maybe a modified Condemners but everyone back then called them Jesters" but in the end you accused me of "continuously be confused about the Condemner role".

I understand that I'm *weird* and you are NOT. Is it how it works for you?

I will not rest until I get a proper response from Gogtrial! I was accused of forgetting Jester role and for constantly being confused about Condemner role (which Gogtrial mentioned in the first place). I can't stand when someone accused me and then ignore me and ask others how I'm again being confused about something. I presented you the quotes in order of appearance. How am I confused?
Microfish_1: Part of me wants to think Dessimu is scim because of his vote record...
Scim? I could be scim. And undercover town. Wizard by day, town infiltrator among scum by night.
This is fluff, people.

Bookwyrm627: it feels like Dessimu would have vigged Yog on N2 if Dessimu had a vig shot
I was thinking on this, and actually true, I would have vigged Yogsloth on Night 2 if I had a vig shot. Sorry, yogs. Since coke induced rage episode is gone, I can say - I am back to being rational dildog trainer. Without any scum flips, I can't judge yogsloth with any more accuracy than I have already judged.

Cadaver747: So you knew about the deadline and you confirmed it and you really expected players to wait till the very last hour??? No, I don't think so. I would never call a 2.5 hours cut of time as *annoyingly early*, it's not a real life airplane.
Exactly. Airplane flights get delayed. Or cancelled.

Cadaver747: I was asking Dessimu as to why he have not mentioned those 4 remaining players (3 if we count off Dessimu) in his opening D3 post.
I do have a very real, very valid explanation of my list, it's just not as exciting or at all indicative of anything, other than a few suspects from the top of my head and my obvious sumo jump on yogsloth. The "spur of a moment thing" is both true and a gross simplification of it all. One interesting detail I should mention, for which ettac got in the spotlight unintentionally, is that while writing the list, I mentioned Joe for his hammer on town Pooka, Yogs for a biggest suspect, gogtrial for a hunch suspect (although I need to ISO him still), Lift for riding his wagon so chill, micro for kinda lurking, Bookwyrm for flying under the radar and being more suspicious than HSL (I was comparing them both against each other). At this point, I chose not to mention me (duuh), HSL (as a counterweight for Book), Cadaver (for not making up my mind about him). And then I stopped for a moment, dumbstruck. I could feel I forget some players. And I just did not remember, who. For half a minute, without checking, I thought "shit, who else is in the game?!". Remembered Bucktooth, hence "something Bucktooth". And at the time of posting I still have totally forgotten that ettac exists. I just did not pay much attention to a couple of players and didn't have good enough reads on them. So, I did not lie to you when I said that I don't have read on ettac yet.
Mind you, I was also leaking yellow snot through nearly through my eyes. I even did not touch a single photo to edit for a client, where I have a schedule.
I write this, only to correct the fact of why I was "avoiding read on ettac" for two questions (three, if HSL's included). And it is on some level such a stupid reason, that without clearly explaining it and doubting if anyone would even believe, I kind of lost my mind there too, when I shouldn't have.

Upon ISOing ettac, I found his D1, D2 favoring scum team a good deal, therefore a good scum suspect. Which brings to:

Bookwyrm627: Observation: When pushed to review Catte, Dessimu comes out with scum result. Noted.
If you ISO a player, you do so to determine if he is townier or scummier. Finding one as scum, is a valid outcome. I understand that how I got to even ISO ettac is suspicious. But it should not say anything about Cadaver and nothing else about ettac, other than I found him scummy. This can only be proven by my flip, at which point it will be "well, he told the truth about his thought process, even if it's weird".
I started writing yesterday about why my read list shifted and fell asleep.

It's basically because I don't have a definable measurement for scum value. Yogsloth specifically I thought he was less scummy because no-one was interested in the 'yogsloth thought he was being copped' scenario and I lost faith in it.

And I thought "so should he go back to be town-leaning side?" and thought, naw. Just because he ackowledges he passively-townreads-dessimu and tells me he doesn't think I'm a complete idiot doesn't mean he's town.

---

JoeSapphire: Try posting crap that specifically relates to this game LIFT
Lifthrasil: I did. Where does the aggressive tone come from?
From yogsloth:

JoeSapphire: I think it's usual for ninjas to show up as 'didn't act' rather than 'action failed'
they give false information like a godfather would do for a cop
yogsloth: Joe, this crap is useless if you don't have anything to add specific to how this relates to this game we're playing right now. you got anything like that?
I'd already told cadaver what you said, and yogsloth got all myeah at me about it and I was sulking.

I was being disingenuinely-aggressive to you to be passive-aggressive towards yogsloth, sorry. ;p

---

Microfish_1: For whatever reason, I believe Pooka re the accidental hammer. I would think scum would be more careful in their lies.
This does not mean that he would not be a valuable flip. We'd gain info on Pooka, and therefore on Gogtrial, Lift, and a few others.
gogtrial34987:
Microfish_1: Welp, the more I see of the game, the more I am convinced that Pooka, if not scum, is going to give us the best possible flip we have a chance of getting with only 2 days left.
vote Pooka
gogtrial34987:
Microfish_1: I just reloaded and didn't see page 16 jump out at me. it was only when i saw that i was quoting GOGtrials 750 that I realzied "there ought to be a page 16 by now, maybe.
So that shoots my (and other's) argument "that Pooka's claim to reload and not see page XX is false" in the foot. I know I'm town and I just nearly fell for it. in fact, if I hadn't been thinking clearly, I would have just gone ahead and posted.
vote Lifthrasil
gogtrial34987:
Microfish_1: I switched to Lift when I made the same mistake pooka had claimed to make. IIRC my thinking had been "there's no possible way this could be town!Pooka with a crazy excuse like that." then I went to post, misclicked and realized..."I ought to triple-check myself otherwise i look like a stupid hypocrite for doing the exact same thing i JUST voted someone for...
Lo and Behold! I had done the exact same thing when I was conscious of the fact that someone else had done it. So then i realized my whole argument was weak
gogtrial34987: First you believed Pooka, but thought his flip was most useful anyway, and voted him for that.
Then you missed a page number, thus believed Pooka and claimed that that shot down your reason for voting him. You re-iterated this toDay! But by your own words, that never was your reason for voting him!!!

Gotcha, gotcha, gotcha!

vote Micro!
Micro says 'I believe pooka made the mistake but we should lunch him anyway." then the next day says "I no longer want to vote pooka because I now see how it's easy to make that kind of mistake."

Yes.

unvotus lifthrasil

invokus votus microfish