It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Johny.: Update: The issue should be fixed now.
Working!

You guys are the best. :D
Johny.: Update: The issue should be fixed now.
neurasthenya: Working!

Yeah, especially for breaking it in the first place. :D
neurasthenya: Working!

Johny.: Yeah, especially for breaking it in the first place. :D
https://i.imgflip.com/1seh9h.jpg
high rated
Hey,

we have made two releases today.

1.2.14 version contains an update for everyone. It contains optimizations for Cloud saves system and multiplayer stability.

1.2.15 version is a public beta release. Most importantly it contains changes to our patching mechanism. Instead of downloading entire files which differ, Galaxy will now download only .diff files, which contain information about changes in files. Later on Galaxy patches those files locally.

This should greatly reduce download size: eg. patch for Gwent was reduced from 470MB to just a few.

1.2.15 Known issues:
- Progress of update may be misleading as currently Galaxy informs only of Download progress and doesn't include information of how many items were already patched. This will be especially visible on games with a lot of files: eg. Pillars of Eternity
TheTomasz: 1.2.15 version is a public beta release. Most importantly it contains changes to our patching mechanism. Instead of downloading entire files which differ, Galaxy will now download only .diff files, which contain information about changes in files. Later on Galaxy patches those files locally.

This should greatly reduce download size: eg. patch for Gwent was reduced from 470MB to just a few.
Nice... very nice. :D

[Windows] Licznik FPS jest uruchamiany poprzez kombinacę ctrl+shift+tab i jest widoczny niezależnie od otwarcia overlaya
Sorry, I don't have the english patchnotes.

According to the patchnotes, this was added to GOG Galaxy in 1.2.13, a feature that I was waiting a long time for, finally the fps counter is visible the whole time.

Though it seems like it is NOT working for me. In most games nothing happen and in GWENT I get an in game message saying that I have to run GOG Galaxy in the background, in order to use this feature, when I press Ctrl+Shift+Tab.

However opening the layout with Shift+Tab, works perfectly in Gwent?
Post edited July 13, 2017 by Pawel1995
Pawel1995: Sorry, I don't have the english patchnotes.

According to the patchnotes, this was added to GOG Galaxy in 1.2.13, a feature that I was waiting a long time for, finally the fps counter is visible the whole time.

Though it seems like it is NOT working for me. In most games nothing happen and in GWENT I get an in game message saying that I have to run GOG Galaxy in the background, in order to use this feature, when I press Ctrl+Shift+Tab.

However opening the layout with Shift+Tab, works perfectly in Gwent?
I've only used it in a few games so far, but it has worked fine for me. It can be really hard to see in some games, and it defaults to the same location as notification which is bottom right. Took me a bit to realize it was actually working.

What version are you on? It's not included in 1.2.14 but is still included in the 1.2.15 Beta. Perhaps fill out a mantis report with your Galaxy logs. Instructions are in the top post.

TheTomasz: snip
Johny.: snip
Question: Is anyone looking into the issue with Galaxy taking a really long time to load certain features or windows like the install window for games, the language selector, and DLC selection under settings, etc. after Galaxy has been running for about 10 -15 min?

It's been close to two months now and still no fix. This is a really annoying issue, can we please make it a priority. Thanks. Issue was reported here: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=4912
Post edited July 13, 2017 by BKGaming
Option to have X in corner close the client still not put back :(
SquigglyBoo: Option to have X in corner close the client still not put back :(
You can quickly exit the client by clicking GOG COM logo -> exit.

---

Well this is a weird bug. For some reason the Yooka-Laylee icon has replaced my Galaxy icon in the taskbar. The game is the last one installed and is not running.

EDIT: I was able to fix it by rebuilding the Windows 10 icon cache.
Attachments:
Post edited July 14, 2017 by BKGaming
TheTomasz: 1.2.14 version contains an update for everyone. It contains optimizations for Cloud saves system and multiplayer stability.
There is no download link for this version on the webpage. The older one is linked - 1.2.12.10a.
(I'm not sure if this belongs here, since this affects both Galaxy and the website, so if this is not the right thread for it, please move it to the appropriate place.)

When looking at the games library (in both grid and list view), could you add a page selector to the top of the page, as well as the bottom?
Currently you have to scroll down to the bottom every time you want to change the page, and that can be inconvenient with a larger library.
TheTomasz: 1.2.14 version contains an update for everyone. It contains optimizations for Cloud saves system and multiplayer stability.
DrakoPensulo: There is no download link for this version on the webpage. The older one is linked - 1.2.12.10a.
My current version of GOG Galaxy (1.2.14) is telling me when I start it that, "There was a problem with updating the application. You can always download the latest version from: https://www.gog.com/galaxy ." Well that's a bit weird, isn't that the current version I have anyway?
DrakoPensulo: There is no download link for this version on the webpage. The older one is linked - 1.2.12.10a.
mightymagi82: My current version of GOG Galaxy (1.2.14) is telling me when I start it that, "There was a problem with updating the application. You can always download the latest version from: https://www.gog.com/galaxy ." Well that's a bit weird, isn't that the current version I have anyway?
The error message is just poorly phrased. What the program means is that there was a problem at some point between checking for updates and updating - in this case, there was probably a problem checking for updates. Because of whatever error, the program doesn't know if there's a more recent version available or not.
Post edited July 15, 2017 by Blackdrazon
New user to Galaxy here with some feedback. I see two thing Galaxy needs...

1. A way to see and change the target location and target exe, etc. when running games in Galaxy. This would be helpful for those running mods.

2. The ability to copy and paste in Galaxy which appears to be absent.
I'm new to using Galaxy and am tweaking the settings info.

underneath GOG Galaxy Settings | Downloads:
1. What does "Game Installation folder" mean?
2, What does "Other downloads folder" mean?

I currently have a folder (custom location) to which I've saved all the GOG games I've bought in their compressed format. Previously, I used GOG Downloader to then unpack and install those archived files to "C:\Games". I gave each game its own folder. in the C:\Games folder.

So, can I change the settings of GOG Galaxy to recognize and use the archived and installed games I already have in place from when I used GOG's original Downloader program? If I can, what do I do?

I really do want to keep an archived copy of the games I've bought on my hard drive. Can/how do I tweak GOG Galaxy settings to accomplish that?

Thanks,

John