It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
asimpleguy: 1. What does "Game Installation folder" mean?
This is the folder the games will be installed under. So if you set the folder to "C:\Games" and install Tyrian 2000 through Galaxy, it will be installed to "C:\Games\Tyrian 2000".

asimpleguy: 2, What does "Other downloads folder" mean?
This is the folder any download that is not an installed game will be downloaded to. If you choose to download the backup installer for Tyrian 2000 (which would be the same as downloading the classic installer through your browser) it will be saved under in the tyrian_2000 subfolder of the folder you enter here.

asimpleguy: I really do want to keep an archived copy of the games I've bought on my hard drive. Can/how do I tweak GOG Galaxy settings to accomplish that?
Galaxy is not a good option for keeping track of your installers. It can do that, but it is a pain, and it won't be able to recognize obsolete installers.
To get it to identify your already installed games, there are 3 options.
First one is to set the Game Installation folder to "C:\Games" and see if it finds your games. You may need to restart Galaxy for it to identify your already installed games.
Second one is to tell it to scan and import the "C:\Games" folder you already have, and it should be able to identify any installed games.
Third one is to select in your Galaxy library a game you've already installed, and under More there should be the option to select folder to import. Selecting the specific game folder should make Galaxy identify it as the game's folder and proceed with the verification process.
Different people had different success rate with different methods, so see if any of those works for you. Worst case scenario, reinstall the games while Galaxy is installed on your machine, and the installer (assuming a relatively newer one) should register the game with Galaxy once it's done.
JMich: Galaxy is not a good option for keeping track of your installers. It can do that, but it is a pain, and it won't be able to recognize obsolete installers.
To get it to identify your already installed games, there are 3 options.
First one is to set the Game Installation folder to "C:\Games" and see if it finds your games. You may need to restart Galaxy for it to identify your already installed games.
Second one is to tell it to scan and import the "C:\Games" folder you already have, and it should be able to identify any installed games.
Third one is to select in your Galaxy library a game you've already installed, and under More there should be the option to select folder to import. Selecting the specific game folder should make Galaxy identify it as the game's folder and proceed with the verification process.
Different people had different success rate with different methods, so see if any of those works for you. Worst case scenario, reinstall the games while Galaxy is installed on your machine, and the installer (assuming a relatively newer one) should register the game with Galaxy once it's done.
I've had mixed success getting Galaxy to recognize already installed games. Some will import just fine, others not, and that's having the latest offline installer versions unless there were some more of those updates where something changed but the version number didn't (i.e. "silent updates").

Other than that and not being able to launch Quake with command lines via Galaxy like you can with the Steam client version, it's been good so far. Just needs some more slight issues addressed.

May as well add a wishlist link to draw more attention to this: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/set_launch_options_command_line_arguments_for_games
Post edited July 16, 2017 by haydenaurion
Pawel1995: Sorry, I don't have the english patchnotes.

According to the patchnotes, this was added to GOG Galaxy in 1.2.13, a feature that I was waiting a long time for, finally the fps counter is visible the whole time.

Though it seems like it is NOT working for me. In most games nothing happen and in GWENT I get an in game message saying that I have to run GOG Galaxy in the background, in order to use this feature, when I press Ctrl+Shift+Tab.

However opening the layout with Shift+Tab, works perfectly in Gwent?
BKGaming: I've only used it in a few games so far, but it has worked fine for me. It can be really hard to see in some games, and it defaults to the same location as notification which is bottom right. Took me a bit to realize it was actually working.

What version are you on? It's not included in 1.2.14 but is still included in the 1.2.15 Beta. Perhaps fill out a mantis report with your Galaxy logs. Instructions are in the top post.
I just re-installed GOG Galaxy and indeed it's now working in the newest Beta version :-)

Though when already talking about it, I would like to suggest:

* Let the fps counter ON when the user enables it. If I restart my PC/ the game/GOG Galaxy, it should not turn out automatically
* Let the user choose in which corner the fps counter is, bottom right is sometimes a bad spot in certain games.
* Let the user choose the color (and size? :-) ) of the number. White is not optimal in all games either.
Pawel1995: * Let the user choose in which corner the fps counter is, bottom right is sometimes a bad spot in certain games.
If you change the notifications position under settings, I believe it will also change the fps position. But your notifications will show there too.
Hi
welcome to this forum site, here you can find lots of thing`s I suggest you, for your question a bout page loading speed (or) topic name have to contact any other expert, right know I have o knowledge a bout your query sorry for that
…………….
if you want to take some knowledge about solar power then you have to come on this site with the help of this link.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by samdsouza
Greywolf234: ...
I was scanning through this thread, and I noticed your avatar. Where is that image from? For whatever reason it looked like the icon from Rise of Nations to me, but it's definitely not it.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by MadalinStroe
MadalinStroe: Where is that image from?
Google produces this as the most likely source.
MadalinStroe: Where is that image from?
JMich: Google produces this as the most likely source.
Well there you have it... Torchlight 2. I knew it was somewhat familiar, I played it in local co-op with my brother. Thank you for your google-fu, JMich!
Pawel1995: * Let the user choose in which corner the fps counter is, bottom right is sometimes a bad spot in certain games.
BKGaming: If you change the notifications position under settings, I believe it will also change the fps position. But your notifications will show there too.
Right, but I would like to have notifications on the bottom right (just because that's the position all launchers on my PC display their notifications) and have the fps counter in top left :D
GOG Galaxy uses the original Killing Time executable file (KILLTIME.EXE) instead of fixed one (GOGLauncher.exe). It causes the infamous problem with incorrect displaying of colors.

I have submitted this little issue almost a month ago but there is still no solution (except bypassing the client).
OHMYGODJCABOMB: GOG Galaxy uses the original Killing Time executable file (KILLTIME.EXE) instead of fixed one (GOGLauncher.exe). It causes the infamous problem with incorrect displaying of colors.

I have submitted this little issue almost a month ago but there is still no solution (except bypassing the client).
Your ticket was closed, but the problem is still there. I know it is scheduled to be fixed - you'll see an update for this game soon (probably today).
OHMYGODJCABOMB: GOG Galaxy uses the original Killing Time executable file (KILLTIME.EXE) instead of fixed one (GOGLauncher.exe). It causes the infamous problem with incorrect displaying of colors.

Johny.: Your ticket was closed, but the problem is still there. I know it is scheduled to be fixed - you'll see an update for this game soon (probably today).
Update should be live - build version is labeled 'gog-6'
I've recently noticed that the GOG downloads try to install Galaxy by offering "GOG GALAXY GAME INSTALLERS" as the default. I have no interest in installing Galaxy, is there a way to turn CLASSIC GAME INSTALLERS as the default option?

This change had not been notified loudly enough, so it was a shock for me to see GOG attempting to force Galaxy on people like this.
MikPal: is there a way to turn CLASSIC GAME INSTALLERS as the default option?
No official way yet but you can try adalia's script. Or use the gog downloader for downloads (or Galaxy, or lgogdownloader, or gogrepo.py).
Johny.: Your ticket was closed, but the problem is still there. I know it is scheduled to be fixed - you'll see an update for this game soon (probably today).
Thiev: Update should be live - build version is labeled 'gog-6'
Thanks for the almost instant fix!