It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Is there a way to keep the client from opening itself when launching a game from the desktop? I haven't used the client in a while, and it seems really nice now. I've been keeping it in the task bar so it can do cloud saves, patches, and whatever, but it's driving me crazy that launching a game from a shortcut opens up the client, which then stays open after I exit the game. I can't find any settings that affect this, is there a better method?
specific: Is there a way to keep the client from opening itself when launching a game from the desktop? I haven't used the client in a while, and it seems really nice now. I've been keeping it in the task bar so it can do cloud saves, patches, and whatever, but it's driving me crazy that launching a game from a shortcut opens up the client, which then stays open after I exit the game. I can't find any settings that affect this, is there a better method?
Just create a new shortcut for the game executable.
specific: Is there a way to keep the client from opening itself when launching a game from the desktop? I haven't used the client in a while, and it seems really nice now. I've been keeping it in the task bar so it can do cloud saves, patches, and whatever, but it's driving me crazy that launching a game from a shortcut opens up the client, which then stays open after I exit the game. I can't find any settings that affect this, is there a better method?
hohiro: Just create a new shortcut for the game executable.
Oh, will it still do all of the cloud-y stuff in the background? That'd be fine!
Dorzalty: I agree with 4-vektor. Although I don't care to change the settings myself, it should honestly be preset to highest private settings and there should be zero association to Facebook. It is kind of strange that you guys would even decide to integrate with Facebook...

JohanLiebheart: Edit: How can I share the URL of my profile so I can post it on other forums?
Dorzalty: Open your profile and copy the URL. Or just remember your username and tell them that it is /u/USERNAME. So, like this:

https://imgur.com/tXgkzRC
*had to form example as IMAGE so forum would stop turning it into a link.
Thanks Dorzalty. I realized people must be logged in to view my profile that is why it wasn't working as I thought, like for example, a steam profile link which everyone can access.

Galaxy team, are any more privacy settings planned? I wish the privacy offered was more modular. I think the Galaxy Client needs to be better in every or most aspects compared to the Steam client if it wants to compete. Right now, Steam offers a bit more control and modularity. I understand this is just the first itteration of the profiles feature, I am just curious if that aspect will be further developed.
Post edited April 26, 2018 by JohanLiebheart
specific: Oh, will it still do all of the cloud-y stuff in the background? That'd be fine!
Nope, as you dont use Galaxy anymore. It will still sync when you start it with Galaxy every now and then.
Really frustrated with Galaxy at the moment. Yesterday morning decided to boot up Galaxy as it had been awhile since I used it. Well it crashed. So I rebooted and tried to boot up Galaxy again. Nothing happened. Just the bar that pops up to update the client. So I used my Revo Uninstaller Pro to try and clear out Galaxy, GoG games installed and any registry entries. Downloaded the latest version and tried to install the client again but to no avail. Install bar popped up then disappeared. Went into Task Manager and saw the Client Service and the Client Helper Service running. Stopped those and tried to reinstall Galaxy again...nope nothing.

At this point I have given up on Galaxy all together. Going back to Classic Links to reinstall all my games so I never have this problem again.

I mean I really love GoG to death but Galaxy....ugh. Enough said.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by reddog000
Dorzalty: I agree with 4-vektor. Although I don't care to change the settings myself, it should honestly be preset to highest private settings and there should be zero association to Facebook. It is kind of strange that you guys would even decide to integrate with Facebook...

Open your profile and copy the URL. Or just remember your username and tell them that it is /u/USERNAME. So, like this:

https://imgur.com/tXgkzRC
*had to form example as IMAGE so forum would stop turning it into a link.
JohanLiebheart: Thanks Dorzalty. I realized people must be logged in to view my profile that is why it wasn't working as I thought, like for example, a steam profile link which everyone can access.

Galaxy team, are any more privacy settings planned? I wish the privacy offered was more modular. I think the Galaxy Client needs to be better in every or most aspects compared to the Steam client if it wants to compete. Right now, Steam offers a bit more control and modularity. I understand this is just the first itteration of the profiles feature, I am just curious if that aspect will be further developed.
No problem. :)

And there are privacy options. You can set everything to private (only me), viewable by GOG friends or GOG users. You can even set account visibility (whether people can find you via username, email or friend recommendation) and your wishlist visibility.
Is it impossible to download things without galaxy, and just avoid galaxy altogether? I've personally had nothing but problems with it. I'm not on a very capable computer, but it isn't old. It's running windows 10. I made a thread a while back about seemingly an unrelated issue, but it probably isn't. For me at least, galaxy really doesn't work at all. It would be super convenient if I wasn't forced to use it.
TheBattleMaster8: Is it impossible to download things without galaxy, and just avoid galaxy altogether? I've personally had nothing but problems with it. I'm not on a very capable computer, but it isn't old. It's running windows 10. I made a thread a while back about seemingly an unrelated issue, but it probably isn't. For me at least, galaxy really doesn't work at all. It would be super convenient if I wasn't forced to use it.
You aren't forced to use it. You can download the installers simply through the browser. Be warned though, that per default those with a Galaxy stump included (you can choose to not install Galaxy during setup). You can also download the classic installers without Galaxy. Or you can use tools like gogrepo.py or the old GOG Downloader.

PS: if you need more help, simply holler :-)
Post edited April 27, 2018 by toxicTom
TheBattleMaster8: Is it impossible to download things without galaxy, and just avoid galaxy altogether? I've personally had nothing but problems with it. I'm not on a very capable computer, but it isn't old. It's running windows 10. I made a thread a while back about seemingly an unrelated issue, but it probably isn't. For me at least, galaxy really doesn't work at all. It would be super convenient if I wasn't forced to use it.
No one forces you to use Galaxy. As stated in the article, there as three different ways to download games and goodies, Galaxy being just one of them.
I'm looking through the settings of Galaxy and I don't see it. How do you access the Overlay and take screenshots, view FPS etc etc? I thought it was Shift + Tab but it doesn't work in Witcher 2, Witcher 4 or Mount & Blade*. It seems really strange that the Features tab does not include instructions on what keys are used for the features, where screenshots are stored, or allow you to change those keybindings or even where to store those screenshots.

*I reinstalled Galaxy just to be sure it wasn't due to a bad install but that doesn't seem to have helped.
Dorzalty: I'm looking through the settings of Galaxy and I don't see it. How do you access the Overlay and take screenshots, view FPS etc etc? I thought it was Shift + Tab but it doesn't work in Witcher 2, Witcher 4 or Mount & Blade*. It seems really strange that the Features tab does not include instructions on what keys are used for the features, where screenshots are stored, or allow you to change those keybindings or even where to store those screenshots.

*I reinstalled Galaxy just to be sure it wasn't due to a bad install but that doesn't seem to have helped.
Shift + Tab opens the overlay. CRTL + Shift + Tab opens the FPS counter. F12 takes a screenshot. All of these features only work if the game supports the overlay. Witcher 3 supports it. Mount & Blade does not.

You can tell what games support the overlay by going to the installed game on the left side of Galaxy, clicking MORE -> Settings -> in-game overlay checkbox. Make sure it's enabled.

You can also enable /disable the overlay globally by going to the GOG COM logo-> settings -> Features. If the overlay is enabled and the game supports it you will see a notification when the game is started similar to Steam.
Dorzalty: I'm looking through the settings of Galaxy and I don't see it. How do you access the Overlay and take screenshots, view FPS etc etc? I thought it was Shift + Tab but it doesn't work in Witcher 2, Witcher 4 or Mount & Blade*. It seems really strange that the Features tab does not include instructions on what keys are used for the features, where screenshots are stored, or allow you to change those keybindings or even where to store those screenshots.

BKGaming: Shift + Tab opens the overlay. CRTL + Shift + Tab opens the FPS counter. F12 takes a screenshot. All of these features only work if the game supports the overlay. Witcher 3 supports it. Mount & Blade does not.

You can tell what games support the overlay by going to the installed game on the left side of Galaxy, clicking MORE -> Settings -> in-game overlay checkbox. Make sure it's enabled.

You can also enable /disable the overlay globally by going to the GOG COM logo-> settings -> Features. If the overlay is enabled and the game supports it you will see a notification when the game is started similar to Steam.
I see, that's a shame about Mount & Blade. I didn't know it was about specific games, thought it was just a Galaxy thing. However, do you perhaps know if could certain programs stop it from working on games that do support it? I'm not getting any notifications on Witcher 3 and it is definitely enabled within Settings.
Dorzalty: I see, that's a shame about Mount & Blade. I didn't know it was about specific games, thought it was just a Galaxy thing. However, do you perhaps know if could certain programs stop it from working on games that do support it? I'm not getting any notifications on Witcher 3 and it is definitely enabled within Settings.
Yea I think programs like RivaTuner mess with it. Basically I would shut down anything that has an overlay feature that impacts games.
Yeah you can avoid Galaxy altogether TheBattleMaster8. Just go to your game library on the GoG website through your browser and click "Download Links" on the game you want to download. Once there click the "More" button and select "Classic Links". You will be set to download without Galaxy even installed. But realize you have to manually download patches for the games you have installed. Hope this helps. If you have any trouble message me if you would like.