It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
I would like the top bar with the minimize and close buttons to look nicer. It's just white for me.
Maybe it's cause I have the Beta on.

If it blended into the site it would be great.
Post edited May 02, 2018 by pkk234
I like the activity section in the new layout, but it would be nice to able to comment on the posts. I wishlisted it.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/add_comments_to_galaxy_activity_feed
mattig89ch: Or is galaxy like steam now, where you cannot run your games w/out it?
No, you can play every offline single player game without Galaxy like always. All this is a change to the shortcut that launches Galaxy before the game. There are a numbe of reasons why GOG made it this way.

Like others have said, create a new shortcut to the games exe file and the game will play fine without Galaxy. You could even uninstall Galaxy and the game would still launch.
Post edited May 02, 2018 by BKGaming
Venom: Yes, if you've disabled the "Searching for me" option in your privacy settings you shouln't be included in any friend recommendations. This is a bug, and we're working on fixing it.
How's that fix coming along? I keep getting friend invites by random people, and it's getting tiresome, especially with the privacy controversy we're having for the past week.
mattig89ch: Or is galaxy like steam now, where you cannot run your games w/out it?
BKGaming: No, you can play every offline single player game without Galaxy like always. All this is a change to the shortcut that launches Galaxy before the game. There are a numbe of reasons why GOG made it this way.

Like others have said, create a new shortcut to the games exe file and the game will play fine without Galaxy. You could even uninstall Galaxy and the game would still launch.
oh ok. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!
Is there any way to clear Galaxy cloud for a specific game? I tried to delete the savefiles in question locally (they are bak files so it'S impossible to do this inside the game) and then sync but all I achieved was that Galaxy downloaded those again. I know there's a trick on steam - cause a conflict between cloud and local saves and then chose local saves ... but I don't know how to do this with Galaxy. Any ideas? And how about an OPTION to CLEAR cloud saves (I don't see any reason why this should be a problem).

Edit: As a workaround this solution here worked for me.
Post edited May 05, 2018 by MarkoH01
Galaxy keeps logging me out. I haven't set it to or told it to. How do I stop this?
just bought pillars 2 and got wastland 2 as a preorder gift. And it is stated that if I already own it I can just contact support and ask for a key.
The thing is that support is (what I can see) just a function to get help with problems of any sort. Trying to insert my info about this issue it get harder and harder to finalize the querry. Several post must be filled etc and the final hurdel, System report?
Is it an easyer way to handle this?
sincerely
swedewolf

wow no help what to do now? call by phone?
Post edited May 08, 2018 by swedewolf
swedewolf: just bought pillars 2 and got wastland 2 as a preorder gift. And it is stated that if I already own it I can just contact support and ask for a key.
The thing is that support is (what I can see) just a function to get help with problems of any sort. Trying to insert my info about this issue it get harder and harder to finalize the querry. Several post must be filled etc and the final hurdel, System report?
Is it an easyer way to handle this?
sincerely
swedewolf

wow no help what to do now? call by phone?
Sounds like you are trying to fill out the contact form for game technical issues? That is probably the wrong category. Go to the support section and sign in by clicking sign in up top. You probably want the the orders and payments category. For problem type select "other order related issues". In the description just tell them you pre-ordered pillars 2 and already own wasteland 2 and need a gift key. You only have to provide a dxdiag for game technical issues.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=orders

This is they only way to contact support, GOG doesn't have a support phone number. You also posted in the Galaxy thread and this isn't a Galaxy issue which is why nobody probably responded to you.
Post edited May 09, 2018 by BKGaming
BeatriceElysia: Pillars of eternity stuck downloading. It's at same point for over an hour. What should I do?
Downloading with gog galaxy I have the same problem too with downloading pillars of eternity 2 and it happened while
i was downloading battletech.

Did it show on your gog galaxy while you've been downloading pillars of eternity 0.1 mb download speed while it
got stuck downloading?

The temporary fix i know is restart gog galaxy and the download will resume. Probably a bug in this version of
gog galaxy that gog needs to fix.
Hey,

we have released a new version of GOG Galaxy 1.2.42 Beta.

The reason behind making a Beta release are big changes in Galaxy's local database structure, this could cause problems such as:
- Games disappearing after GOG Galaxy update
- Incorrect configuration of games (Cloud saves/overlay)
- Problems with installation or updates the game

This change allowed us to simplify databases structure, hopefully reducing number of bugs and easing up development process.

Other than that, very notably change is that GOG Galaxy will nearly immediately stop downloading data after you pause/abort/shutdown GOG Galaxy with download in progress.
Newest beta won't open for me. Says "Failed to load game database"

-- Edit --

Bug report added http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5714

Looking at the logs, seems to be choking on "Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos"

"Critical exception during ClientCore task LoadProductsTask: Error Message: Product Settings for 1207658873 not found in DB."
Post edited May 10, 2018 by tarasis
GOG Galaxy is just getting better and better. Keep up the great work. We need competition in the digital distribution scene!
tarasis: Newest beta won't open for me. Says "Failed to load game database"

-- Edit --

"Critical exception during ClientCore task LoadProductsTask: Error Message: Product Settings for 1207658873 not found in DB."
I have the same error message "Failed to load game database", but I do not even own Independence War 2... where I can check what causes the error in my case, so I can add it to your mantis ticket?
tarasis: Newest beta won't open for me. Says "Failed to load game database"

-- Edit --

Bethezer: I have the same error message "Failed to load game database", but I do not even own Independence War 2... where I can check what causes the error in my case, so I can add it to your mantis ticket?
Hey, thanks for info and sorry it broke.

If you'd compress (eg. to zip) and upload logs to the mantis issue that Tarasis created, it will be enough. We'll take a look what happened there and try to deduce what is causing the errors