It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
low rated
Love this forum. Just want to know about new game.

Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX
Hello all.

I currently use Kodi Media Center as a replacement shell for explorer.exe so that I and guests can enjoy a good couch experience without interruption, minimizing how much we have to use a mouse and keyboard. Sometimes I do like to play GoG games, though, and have a link to Galaxy inside Kodi. However, when loading this way Galaxy does not automatically log in. Because I use a password manager, I can't log into GoG unless I stop Kodi, restart explorer, and then load my password manager. If I switch the shell to explorer.exe, it will automatically log in again. I'm not sure why this is as my other programs auto-load normally including Controller Companion, OneDrive, and other services.

Edit: Extra information. For some reason, in Kodi-as-shell mode, the client throws an error after several seconds after logging in saying it cannot communicate with GoG servers and exits out. Ok, should I be loading one of the other executables?

Or possibly would running Galaxy on startup as a windows service help?

Any insights or advice as to why this is happening are welcome.
Post edited April 06, 2019 by Bedwyr.776
Bedwyr.776: Hello all.

I currently use Kodi Media Center as a replacement shell for explorer.exe so that I and guests can enjoy a good couch experience without interruption, minimizing how much we have to use a mouse and keyboard. Sometimes I do like to play GoG games, though, and have a link to Galaxy inside Kodi. However, when loading this way Galaxy does not automatically log in. Because I use a password manager, I can't log into GoG unless I stop Kodi, restart explorer, and then load my password manager. If I switch the shell to explorer.exe, it will automatically log in again. I'm not sure why this is as my other programs auto-load normally including Controller Companion, OneDrive, and other services.

Edit: Extra information. For some reason, in Kodi-as-shell mode, the client throws an error after several seconds after logging in saying it cannot communicate with GoG servers and exits out. Ok, should I be loading one of the other executables?

First of all, thank you for the report!

Unfortunately, Galaxy relies on explorer.exe being there for a number of things, including automatic login. The error about not being able to communicate is related to our local service and is caused by the same thing.

We'll look into it but I can't give you any estimates about when it will be fixed. My apologies for the inconvenience.
BKGaming: Like just wondering... but whatever happen to this? I could be wrong, but I don't think library has really changed since this was posted. I was reading GOG's/ CDP's financial reports and this stuck out to me: GOG Galaxy is continually expanded with new features, in like with gamers’ and developers’ expectations.

We haven't had a major update since April 2017... almost 2 years and feature wise haven't gotten much in that time frame, except profiles which aren't directly a Galaxy feature. Just where is that "continually expanded with new features" for gamers happening at?
Johny.: Yes, you're right - library in the current Galaxy version is the same as it was then. I don't change a word in what I wrote in the quoted post. :) Also, there was no lie in the financial report quote.

We're happy that you remember about us. We won't let you down.
Hey, can you guys make the grid shelf view work the same as the left game library view works? If games are installed or you scan them in galaxy, then they appear in the grid shelf view as well?
Bedwyr.776: Hello all.

woytazGOG: First of all, thank you for the report!

Unfortunately, Galaxy relies on explorer.exe being there for a number of things, including automatic login. The error about not being able to communicate is related to our local service and is caused by the same thing.

We'll look into it but I can't give you any estimates about when it will be fixed. My apologies for the inconvenience.
Wow, thanks for replying.

I think that you don't have to characterize this as a problem per se. It depends on how many users use alternate shells whether it's in your business interest to change. What I'd appreciate on behalf of others like me, though, is if this is documented at some point as a known, expected behavior that we can look up ourselves. That way expectations don't get out of line and we don't have to waste precious hours looking up answers on the internet that might be real and then again might be wishes and witchcraft. That alone would put you ahead of 90% of tech companies.
Post edited April 07, 2019 by Bedwyr.776
Why is GOG Galaxy installing itself into Admin-only C:\ProgramData + C:\Program Files(x86) when it give me (user mode/Standard user) an option to install into a different folder/partition/hard drive?

Serious question.

Of all the 'best practices' which follow the guidelines for Microsoft platform developers (see MSDN), installing itself into the Admin-rights protected C:\ProgramData + C:\Program Files(x86) 'system' folders AFTER giving the Standard user the ability to 'choose' the install folder, is 'bad practice' by any standards?

Why would any files NEED to be installed in C:\ProgramData + C:\Program Files(x86) at all? What am I missing?

There is no real reason?

//I do understand the need to 'register' the app in "ProgramData\Windows\Start Menu" etc, but this goes beyond.

If you give (non-admin) users an option, you should abide by the option? :)
So two things i'd really like to see in galaxy; adaptable font size i.e. zoom like you have in every web browser. Especially for the forum, this is a must. And its kinda lame if one has to switch between gog forums in the web-browser and galaxy.

Additionally, an option to 'move' an individual game installation without needing to verify or repair. Either simply add the option to adjust the folderpath inside galaxy to the new location after you have moved the game via windows explorer or whatever. This would be my preferred method since it allows for a lot more options and ways of handling the isntall location.

Or by adding the 'move game folder' option inside the galaxy client.

Thanks and cheers.
Post edited April 09, 2019 by sc_neo
Can Galaxy use multiple locations for its library (default installation folder)?
e.g. if the current library is located in "drive x", is it possible to have a new folder in "drive y" assigned as the installation folder and still retain games installed in both the folders visible in Galaxy?
The "other client" has a feature (or used to have one) where multiple library locations can be specifies, so I was wondering whether we can do something similar with Galaxy? And if not whether the devs have any plan to implement something similar?
Thanks. :)
bhrigu: Can Galaxy use multiple locations for its library (default installation folder)?
e.g. if the current library is located in "drive x", is it possible to have a new folder in "drive y" assigned as the installation folder and still retain games installed in both the folders visible in Galaxy?
The "other client" has a feature (or used to have one) where multiple library locations can be specifies, so I was wondering whether we can do something similar with Galaxy? And if not whether the devs have any plan to implement something similar?
You can install every game whereever you want, once you click the install button.
bhrigu: Can Galaxy use multiple locations for its library (default installation folder)?
Yes. I have my games in G:\games and H:\games. You can choose the installation path for every single game. Previously used locations are collected in a drop down list for easy access.
omega64: Nope, this is new since the latest updates. I've been having it with every game too. Have fun pressing retry constantly.
echosa: Is that an issue specifically with The Witcher https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://downloader.vip/rufus/ ? I've downloaded 10+ games in the last week with Galaxy with no issues. Not saying others don't have issues; I'm sure they do. Perhaps I'm just lucky?
just purchased witcher during install it keeps stopping ..server problems ???

https://filezilla.software/
Post edited April 10, 2019 by ALINITYLITAS
Why does Galaxy not request 2FA when it's enabled on my account? I'm asked for the 2FA when I log in to GOG with a web browser, but not Galaxy. Big security hole.
It's been 2 years since Galaxy 1.2 was released and I love using it. Are there any infos on what's next for the client?

Edit: Here's a few things I'd personally love (!) to see in 1.3:

- ability to upload screenshots to the cloud and display them on the profile
- reworked UI / ability to control the Galaxy UI with a controller
- ability to display tagged games on profile (completed, favorites etc.)
Post edited April 12, 2019 by rainydaygaming
rainydaygaming: It's been 2 years since Galaxy 1.2 was released and I love using it. Are there any infos on what's next for the client?

Edit: Here's a few things I'd personally love (!) to see in 1.3:

- ability to upload screenshots to the cloud and display them on the profile
- reworked UI / ability to control the Galaxy UI with a controller
- ability to display tagged games on profile (completed, favorites etc.)
I wish I would see that too.
GOG Galaxy and BitLocker Problems!

I recently activated bitlocker on a laptop, and afterwards GOG Galaxy took ages to load (120+ seconds from HDD)
Additionally I tried to install Divinity Original Sin 2, which went through until 99%, but could not finish the last 600mb. It stopped there repeatedly with an error. I could not solve this until I disabled bitlocker again, which lead to faster loading times of Galaxy and let me finish the installation of D:OS2

Can anyone confirm this?

Hardware used:
HP Pavillon Gaming Laptop
6-core CPU Core i7 8750H
16GB Ram
256GB SSD (for Windows) and 1 TB HDD (where Galaxy and Games are installed)
GTX1060Q

btw. I had no such problems with Steam.