It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Update 1.2 brings Universal Cloud Saves, the option to fully customize the Client to your needs, and much more!

NOTICE: The update is now live for everyone. Make sure to check it out and tell us what you think!

GOG Galaxy, our gamer-friendly Client, is coming out of beta with a major new update that greatly improves and enriches the user experience by introducing many long-awaited features. Let's take a closer look at some of them:

The highlight of Update 1.2 is, of course, the Universal Cloud Saves. This new feature makes it possible to add cloud saving functionality not only to new games but also to titles that never offered cloud saving before. Thanks to this, excellent games like Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic® III, or Vampire®: the Masquerade - Bloodlines gain the benefits of saves syncing and cloud backup for the first time ever. Of course, if you prefer to keep your precious saves close at hand, your data is still saved locally for you to use, while GOG Galaxy also lets you download a backup of your saves at any time.

This huge Update introduces the option to customize the Client to your needs by selecting which features you want to use. In addition, there is a brand new hibernate mode that cuts down on Client CPU usage while playing a game and saves resources as well as battery life when idling in the background. We also went through the GOG Galaxy community wishlist and packed Update 1.2 with some of the most-requested features, including bandwidth limiting and scheduling, FPS counter, screenshot capturing, a sleek in-game overlay, achievement rarity, desktop and in-game notifications system, a new chat, and more!

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is now available for all users. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit <span class="bold">GOG.com/Galaxy</span>.
If you run into any issues, feel free to submit them <span class="bold">here</span>.
The end of using Steam. Cloud saving was all I wanted for GOG. Nice!
GOG.com: Update 1.2 brings Universal Cloud Saves, the option to fully customize the Client to your needs, and much more!

GOG Galaxy, our gamer-friendly Client, is coming out of beta with a major new update that greatly improves and enriches the user experience by introducing many long-awaited features. Let's take a closer look at some of them:

The highlight of Update 1.2 is, of course, the Universal Cloud Saves. This new feature makes it possible to add cloud saving functionality not only to new games but also to titles that never offered cloud saving before. Thanks to this, excellent games like Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic® III, or Vampire®: the Masquerade - Bloodlines gain the benefits of saves syncing and cloud backup for the first time ever. Of course, if you prefer to keep your precious saves close at hand, your data is still saved locally for you to use, while GOG Galaxy also lets you download a backup of your saves at any time.

This huge Update introduces the option to customize the Client to your needs by selecting which features you want to use. In addition, there is a brand new hibernate mode that cuts down on Client CPU usage while playing a game and saves resources as well as battery life when idling in the background. We also went through the GOG Galaxy community wishlist and packed Update 1.2 with some of the most-requested features, including bandwidth limiting and scheduling, FPS counter, screenshot capturing, a sleek in-game overlay, achievement rarity, desktop and in-game notifications system, a new chat, and more!

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is available today to users who opted to test upcoming updates, and will be rolling out to everyone in April. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit <span class="bold">GOG.com/Galaxy</span>.
If you run into any issues, feel free to submit them <span class="bold">here</span>.
GOG Galaxy 1.1.30 refuses to update via the client. I would rather not open a browser(if possible) and just have my client update itself like Steam and Origin do, but that ain't gonna happen! :(
neosapian: GOG Galaxy 1.1.30 refuses to update via the client. I would rather not open a browser(if possible) and just have my client update itself like Steam and Origin do, but that ain't gonna happen! :(
Did you enable beta updates to the client? 1.2 won't be fully released until sometime next month, so you have to specifically opt in to test beta updates to get 1.2 for now.
Somebody has probably already asked for this, but still.
Can you add an icon of a sort over each game inside the library view to inform us wich games support Cloud Save?

Thanks.
Post edited March 27, 2017 by berov
Can't wait. I missed the post about 1.2 and heard about it somewhere else on the web. So yesterday I came on GOG to download Galaxy and it was still the beta! Now I have read that "The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is available today to users who opted to test upcoming updates, and will be rolling out to everyone in April". All these new functions are really needed and welcomed.
I can even stop using 2 different softwares to save my games and lose them anyway!
Maybe leaving beta opens the way for a Linux version? I am back to Windows for gaming but still care about good old Linux.
budgie1967: Po instalacji beta 1.2.1 i odinstalowaniu, nie można już wrócić do wersji 1.1. Beta 1.2 nie da się pobrać znikąd, a 1.1 już nie działa jeśli wcześniej była 1.2. Tym samym pozostałem bez GOG GALAXY i muszę czekać do kwietnia (pewnie będzie to 30 kwietnia). Gwinta już też nie przetestuję. Czy można coś zrobić aby beta 1.2 była gdzieś dostępna do pobrania?
Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

This is happening probably due to incompatible database from version 1.2, please delete this folder:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage
usually
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage\

Then you'll have to use scan&import (menu under the top Galaxy logo) function to see your games back in Galaxy Client.

Odpowiedź po polsku:

To prawdopodobnie przez niekompatybilność bazy 1.2 z klientem 1.1, usuń proszę ten folder:
najczęściej
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage\

Następnie będziesz musiał użyć funkcji skanowania i importowania (menu po kliknięciu w górne logo Galaxy), żeby gry pojawiły się w kliencie Galaxy.
Post edited March 27, 2017 by Johny.
When will full download patches be gone?
Where does the overlay saves the screenshots (after pressing F12) ?

Which games do have the overlay support ? Is there a list of games with that support?
(It seems that no DOSBox games overlay support. Am I right?)
Post edited March 27, 2017 by DrakoPensulo
DrakoPensulo: Where does the overlay saves the screenshots (after pressing F12) ?
Look in your documents folder, you should find a GOG Galaxy folder which contains screenshots.

DrakoPensulo: Which games do have the overlay support ? Is there a list of games with that support?
(It seems that no DOSBox games overlay support. Am I right?)
We are documenting games here that either work out of the box, or with tweaks.
budgie1967: Po instalacji beta 1.2.1 i odinstalowaniu, nie można już wrócić do wersji 1.1. Beta 1.2 nie da się pobrać znikąd, a 1.1 już nie działa jeśli wcześniej była 1.2. Tym samym pozostałem bez GOG GALAXY i muszę czekać do kwietnia (pewnie będzie to 30 kwietnia). Gwinta już też nie przetestuję. Czy można coś zrobić aby beta 1.2 była gdzieś dostępna do pobrania?
Johny.: Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

This is happening probably due to incompatible database from version 1.2, please delete this folder:
usually
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\storage\

Then you'll have to use scan&import (menu under the top Galaxy logo) function to see your games back in Galaxy Client.

Odpowiedź po polsku:

To prawdopodobnie przez niekompatybilność bazy 1.2 z klientem 1.1, usuń proszę ten folder:
najczęściej

Następnie będziesz musiał użyć funkcji skanowania i importowania (menu po kliknięciu w górne logo Galaxy), żeby gry pojawiły się w kliencie Galaxy.
Considering Galaxy has apparently been made to downgrade itself upon request but does not do so properly (as you noted), and considering there is no uninstaller for Galaxy, perhaps you could add that note of yours about needing to manually remove the database to the initial post of this thread?

I'm suggesting this because your info seems to be very helpful to a lot of people and has gotten repeated in this thread and in other threads. Having it added in the initial post of this thread would be very helpful because this thread always has the first post on each of its pages. I think your helpful advice would be seen more easily, the question asked less often, and the answer much easier to point out.
Post edited March 27, 2017 by thomq
berov: Smebody has probably already asked for this, but still.
Can you add an icon of a sort inside over each game the library view to inform us wich games support Cloud Save?

Thanks.
This. This so much.

I suppose the point will be moot if cloud saves are eventually enabled for every game, but the only game I have installed that seems to support it right now is The Witcher 3. I'd love to be able to tell from my library what games support it.
berov: Smebody has probably already asked for this, but still.
Can you add an icon of a sort inside over each game the library view to inform us wich games support Cloud Save?

Thanks.
Great suggestion.
Johny.: Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

usually

(snip)
thomq: (snip)
perhaps you could add that note of yours about needing to manually remove the database to the initial post of this thread?

I'm suggesting this because your info seems to be very helpful to a lot of people and has gotten repeated in this thread and in other threads. Having it added in the initial post of this thread would be very helpful because this thread always has the first post on each of its pages. I think your helpful advice would be seen more easily, the question asked less often, and the answer much easier to point out.
Thank you for caring for rest of our users. :)
Actually the information is already there in GOG GALAXY BETA thread to uninstall the client to go out of preview (my post is a quickfix), but we'll include that information next to the setting itself and not let the users break their client. :)
Post edited March 27, 2017 by Johny.
high rated
Sude: Is there going to be official public documentation for the Galaxy API?
We would love to have the API open and documented but it of course requires time. So no promises :(

Sude: Are you planning on updating all games to use generation 2 builds?
Just asking to know if I should bother implementing support for the generation 1 builds in LGOGDownloader.
All games should be eventually in generation 2.

Sude: [url=https://content-system.gog.com/products/{product_id}/os/linux/builds?generation=2]https://content-system.gog.com/products/{product_id}/os/linux/builds?generation=2[/url]
Because that doesn't return anything I assume that the API doesn't support Linux yet.
Or was my guess for the Linux url wrong?
The API does not support Linux yet.
neosapian: GOG Galaxy 1.1.30 refuses to update via the client. I would rather not open a browser(if possible) and just have my client update itself like Steam and Origin do, but that ain't gonna happen! :(
HunchBluntley: Did you enable beta updates to the client? 1.2 won't be fully released until sometime next month, so you have to specifically opt in to test beta updates to get 1.2 for now.
I did not. what actually occurred was a misunderstanding on my part, on the GOG Galaxy client. it informed me it was "trying to update" and "failed and told me it wanted me to donwload the "updated version" I did, and it was the same version I already had. I had assumed it was trying to update to the 1.2 as when I went to check that out. And it was talking about it on the website, but it as all hype about what it will be when finished. no I do not have beta, and do not want beta, I will wait until it comes out. just a misinterpet on the cleint's updater error message. thanks!
Post edited March 27, 2017 by neosapian