It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Update 1.2 brings Universal Cloud Saves, the option to fully customize the Client to your needs, and much more!

NOTICE: The update is now live for everyone. Make sure to check it out and tell us what you think!

GOG Galaxy, our gamer-friendly Client, is coming out of beta with a major new update that greatly improves and enriches the user experience by introducing many long-awaited features. Let's take a closer look at some of them:

The highlight of Update 1.2 is, of course, the Universal Cloud Saves. This new feature makes it possible to add cloud saving functionality not only to new games but also to titles that never offered cloud saving before. Thanks to this, excellent games like Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic® III, or Vampire®: the Masquerade - Bloodlines gain the benefits of saves syncing and cloud backup for the first time ever. Of course, if you prefer to keep your precious saves close at hand, your data is still saved locally for you to use, while GOG Galaxy also lets you download a backup of your saves at any time.

This huge Update introduces the option to customize the Client to your needs by selecting which features you want to use. In addition, there is a brand new hibernate mode that cuts down on Client CPU usage while playing a game and saves resources as well as battery life when idling in the background. We also went through the GOG Galaxy community wishlist and packed Update 1.2 with some of the most-requested features, including bandwidth limiting and scheduling, FPS counter, screenshot capturing, a sleek in-game overlay, achievement rarity, desktop and in-game notifications system, a new chat, and more!

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is now available for all users. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit <span class="bold">GOG.com/Galaxy</span>.
If you run into any issues, feel free to submit them <span class="bold">here</span>.
clarry: If anything, I think the fake artificial scarcity of digital products is a rather ridiculous concept.
I'm with you on that one (I expanded on it a bit in an earlier post).
Hi, i wanna ask if achievements will be for games like fallout?
CholoMachine: Hi, i wanna ask if achievements will be for games like fallout?
GOG doesn't add achievements to games, they don't have the source code. It's up to the developer of the game to decide whether or not they're going to add support for any of the optional Galaxy client features and then provide it in a future update. Galaxy APIs are Windows libraries for modern versions of Windows though so it seems pretty unlikely that older games will get support for achievements. There are ways it could be done, but I wouldn't hold my breath that there's much incentive for them to do it.

Can't be ruled out, but the publisher of the game is the one to ask really, they hold the cards.
skeletonbow: GOG doesn't add achievements to games, they don't have the source code. It's up to the developer of the game to decide whether or not they're going to add support for any of the optional Galaxy client features and then provide it in a future update. Galaxy APIs are Windows libraries for modern versions of Windows though so it seems pretty unlikely that older games will get support for achievements. There are ways it could be done, but I wouldn't hold my breath that there's much incentive for them to do it.

Can't be ruled out, but the publisher of the game is the one to ask really, they hold the cards.
Oh, i understand thanks.
Maybe when/if we get the newer Fallouts, from Bethesda.
I don't think we'll ever get achievements in the old-school titles.
I'd be very surprised!
Post edited March 24, 2017 by almabrds
almabrds: Maybe when/if we get the newer Fallouts, from Bethesda.
I'd be very surprised!
Yep, maybe, i asked because of this

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/so_this_is_interesting_fallout_tactics_achievements

But anyway i'll play the 3 Fallout games of GOG after Skyrim...... if i end someday Skyrim, is a really nice game :P
GOG.com: Update 1.2 brings Universal Cloud Saves, the option to fully customize the Client to your needs, and much more!

GOG Galaxy, our gamer-friendly Client, is coming out of beta with a major new update that greatly improves and enriches the user experience by introducing many long-awaited features. Let's take a closer look at some of them:

The highlight of Update 1.2 is, of course, the Universal Cloud Saves. This new feature makes it possible to add cloud saving functionality not only to new games but also to titles that never offered cloud saving before. Thanks to this, excellent games like Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic® III, or Vampire®: the Masquerade - Bloodlines gain the benefits of saves syncing and cloud backup for the first time ever. Of course, if you prefer to keep your precious saves close at hand, your data is still saved locally for you to use, while GOG Galaxy also lets you download a backup of your saves at any time.

This huge Update introduces the option to customize the Client to your needs by selecting which features you want to use. In addition, there is a brand new hibernate mode that cuts down on Client CPU usage while playing a game and saves resources as well as battery life when idling in the background. We also went through the GOG Galaxy community wishlist and packed Update 1.2 with some of the most-requested features, including bandwidth limiting and scheduling, FPS counter, screenshot capturing, a sleek in-game overlay, achievement rarity, desktop and in-game notifications system, a new chat, and more!

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is available today to users who opted to test upcoming updates, and will be rolling out to everyone in April. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit <span class="bold">GOG.com/Galaxy</span>.
If you run into any issues, feel free to submit them <span class="bold">here</span>.
I'm looking at the new features and I noticed the option to set a path for the extras and goodies is gone. Will this be added back? I ask because I have my goodies saved to a certain path to find more easily.
high rated
When on LINUX ???!!!!
mvscot: I'm less concerned about non-Steam versions of games missing Steam-specific crap, and more concerned that non-Steam versions often don't get released at all, and if they do, rarely get updated with fixes, etc.
Not getting released outside of Steam at all is indeed the even worse case.
high rated
But not yet the most important one: Linux compatibility.
almabrds: Maybe when/if we get the newer Fallouts, from Bethesda.
I'd be very surprised!
CholoMachine: Yep, maybe, i asked because of this

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/so_this_is_interesting_fallout_tactics_achievements

But anyway i'll play the 3 Fallout games of GOG after Skyrim...... if i end someday Skyrim, is a really nice game :P
Don't forget to install the FO1/FO2 mods to have a better experience:
-- Fixit --
-- Restoration Project (or unofficial patch, if you just want to fix the bugs) --

I don't recommend getting the files in killap.net, recently I downloaded something from there and my AV informed me about virus. Sure, it could be mistaken, but if it's available elsewhere there's no reason to risk it.
Post edited March 25, 2017 by almabrds
CholoMachine: Yep, maybe, i asked because of this

almabrds: Don't forget to install the FO1/FO2 mods to have a better experience:
-- Fixit --
-- Restoration Project (or unofficial patch, if you just want to fix the bugs) --

I don't recommend getting the files in killap.net, recently I downloaded something from there and my AV informed me about virus. Sure, it could be mistaken, but if it's available elsewhere there's no reason to risk it.
Yeah, thank you very much, im gonna use those patches and then ride to the wastelands
Po instalacji beta 1.2.1 i odinstalowaniu, nie można już wrócić do wersji 1.1. Beta 1.2 nie da się pobrać znikąd, a 1.1 już nie działa jeśli wcześniej była 1.2. Tym samym pozostałem bez GOG GALAXY i muszę czekać do kwietnia (pewnie będzie to 30 kwietnia). Gwinta już też nie przetestuję. Czy można coś zrobić aby beta 1.2 była gdzieś dostępna do pobrania?
Can someone post a sceenshot of what the ingame overlay looks like? I've been quite curious to see how GOG would handle that aspect for a long time, and I hope its not butt-ugly.
vulchor: Can someone post a sceenshot of what the ingame overlay looks like? I've been quite curious to see how GOG would handle that aspect for a long time, and I hope its not butt-ugly.
The overlay looks like this:
Attachments: