It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
!!! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (see below)

Where can I find Galaxy logs on my computer?
On Windows 7 or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Mac OS X: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- throttling max download speed is not yet possible
- notifications related to incoming chat messages and friend requests does not always disappear instantly when consumed and may require reloading Store page
- games imported from existing installations will auto-update once, even if updating is disabled
- Moving Galaxy from /Applications on Mac OS X will stop the app from working
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer
Post edited October 03, 2016 by Liosan
high rated
Hi Everyone,

Below you can find the changelog of GOG Galaxy.

Changelog 1.1.15 (September 7th, 2016):
Changes / Improvements:
• Added Wallet button in dropdown menu under user's avatar
• Performance improvements on UI speed and a little on CPU usage
• Enabled copying text in Galaxy forums
• History will now remember only the 100 most recent pages in history
Bugfixes:
• Fix for "Disk access problem" bug, which broke installation and updates of games. (Bug happened on Windows only, but general mechanism is better on OS X as well)
• Fix for Verify/Repair, which did not work in some scenarios (The above bug for example)
• Fix for "Server problem" while downloading backup installers or other goodies. They will now work, even if temporary download folder is same as destination folder
• Fixed situations in which Store page sometimes did not load properly after waking up computer

Changelog 1.1.16 (September 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• Galaxy now supports H.264 codecs
• Much better handling of paying using third party processors (PayPal, paysafecard etc.)
• Friends and chat window now scale with the system scaling factor
• New and prettier GOG Eula will be used in games
• Better handling of loading timeouts

Bugfixes:
• "INSTALLED" label will appear all pages of the library now
• Fixed a bug with game time tracking for some games. Galaxy will now register more than one minute:)
• Fixed a bug in which Galaxy in rare cases could not be able to update the game (bug rather existed in rollbacks)
• Galaxy will no longer show a little bit of bare code upon launching
• Fixed blurred images in sidebar expanded list mode

Changelog 1.1.17(hotfix September 20th, 2016):
• Fixed crashes and 'Disk Access Problem' caused by updating Galaxy from 1.1.12 (and earlier versions) to 1.1.16

Changelog 1.1.18 (October 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• More accurate game time tracking mechanism
• Improved mechanism showing current online status between friends

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to stop tracking game time

Changelog 1.1.19 (October 25th, 2016):
Improvements:
• We have removed download size from Galaxy updater. It showed faulty data, as Galaxy Updater doesn't download > 100mb each time and only downloads differences. It will come back in nearest future, when it will show correct data:)
• The first check for game updates will be done 15s after Galaxy starts, instead of 5 minutes.
• OSX: Improved mechanism responsible for removing old files left by Galaxy updates
• OSX: Improved the way Galaxy handles installing games into protected locations like /Applications; you will receive a password prompt about a "Helper tool" installation

Bugfixes:
• Fixed "Essential components missing" error which sometimes appeared after fresh installation
• Fixed a situation where failure in Updater could lead to Galaxy not being able to launch
• Fixed self-update on OSX to properly delete leftover files
• Fixed friends window losing functionality after network loss and reconnect
• Fixed blurry Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
• Galaxy will remember maximised window status

Changelog 1.1.20(November 2nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed installing XNA4 and other msi-based dependencies.
• Store page won't be reloaded twice upon logging in

Changelog: 1.1.21 (November 17th, 2016)
Improvements / changes:
• Added "with preview updates" suffix to Galaxy window title
• Small optimizations with memory and Galaxy loading time
• Small improvements with updater, it should fail less

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug with Galaxy refreshing pages
• Fixed occasional crashes

Changelog 1.1.22 (November 22nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will no longer freeze when downloading a game update and checking another game in library
• Galaxy should crash even less now:)

Changelog 1.1.23 (November 28th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will be now able to reconnect to internet correctly, if computer was put to sleep and then woken up without (initially) Internet connection
• Downloading of games/updates should have less impact on starting other installations

Changelog 1.1.24(December 6th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Downloading an installer with Galaxy and using it to install the game should not result in redownloading the whole game again
• Updater should no longer report over 100% progress on download

Adjustments:
• Increased timeout for failures during sign in
• Increased timeout for "Loading Timeout"

Changelog 1.1.25 (December 20th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed a crash when trying to install certain games (Game affected was 1979 Revolution: Black Friday).

Changelog 1.1.26 (December 23rd, 2016, Preview only)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 26th, 2017, Preview)
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 31th, 2017)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.28 (March 10th, 2017)
Changes / Improvements:
- Better support for differential patches. They are now seperate depending on game's language and system bitness
- Italian & Japanese partial support + more Spanish translations
- Improved checking for new available updates of the games
- We'll sort available DLCs alphabetically
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash when Galaxy doesn't have permissions to the logs directory
- Fixed showing empty grey page after a while of inactivity
- Fixed infinite spinner after going to support page
- Fixed displaying of prices in cart when they were over 999 (Bug caused by a comma in the price)
- MacOS: Popup windows (for example chat) will no longer open as a tab but as a separate window instead
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak (~30MB upon GOG Galaxy launch)
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak while playing a game

Changelog 1.1.29 (March 14nd, 2017)
Changes:
- Changes in downloading mechanism, which allows for better control over download's flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed displaying progress of differential patches (It did not display the "Extracting" status)

Changelog 1.1.30 (March 16th, 2017)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash within games downloading mechanism

== PREVIEW UPDATES* ===

HOW TO ENABLE PREVIEWS?
Go to your Galaxy settings and check the option to receive preview updates.

HOW TO DISABLE PREVIEW?
- Uninstall Galaxy
- Download current installer from gog.com/galaxy
- Install Galaxy
- Import your games

Changelog 1.2.0 (March 22nd, 2017)
Changes and improvements:
- Cloud saves backup and syncing (supported games only)
- Screenshot capture with F12 (supported games only)
- In-game overlay with FPS counter and notifications (supported games only)
- Greatly improved chat, also in overlay
- Ability to enable or disable achievements, game time tracking, auto-updating games and more
- Desktop and in-game notifications system
- Ability to set bandwidth limit and scheduler
- New settings window
- Rarity information in achievements
- Abort button next to installation status
- Only one Galaxy Updater window will be shown in most cases
- GOG Galaxy updates will be downloaded in the background
- Games are now downloaded directly to their install directory, instead of a temporary location
- Galaxy changelog is displayed in Galaxy

Bugfixes:
- Fixed game time tracking issues
- Initial size of Galaxy Client window will respect Windows scaling
- Improved Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
- Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to redownload whole data in case of a failure of installation/update
- Thumbnail highlighting in media gallery now works properly
- Decreased client's network and CPU usage (especially for a lot of games)
- MacOS: Fixed situation when Galaxy Client could downloading due to App Nap
- MacOS: Fixed crash when logging out with "New post" popup open
- MacOS: Fixed game processes not being properly cleaned up after exiting
Post edited March 22, 2017 by TheTomasz
high rated
For everyone who has a problem with missing api-ms-crt dlls in Client's versions post 1.1.5:
Please install one of those windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118401
You may need to update Windows to meet the requirements for these:
For Windows 8.1 and for Windows Server 2012: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919355
For Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976932

You can also try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2015 (x86) if you meet above requirements.
Available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If above instructions doesn't work for you, create a separate issue on mantis.gog.com and we'll try to help you individually.

Please note that this solution only helps with the missing api-ms-crt dlls.

========================================================================================

Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

This is happening probably due to incompatible database from version 1.2, please delete this folder:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage
usually
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\storage\

Then you'll have to use scan&import (menu under the top Galaxy logo) function to see your games back in Galaxy Client.
Attachments:
Post edited March 27, 2017 by TheTomasz
skeletonbow: I've got about 9 GOG games installed, Galaxy ground my hard disk and system into the ground for an hour just now "scanning" my games. I'm not sure what it was doing, but probably calculating file hashes on them all for comparison with the GOG servers versions of the games. As a suggestion I would recommend configuring this process to happen with very low process priority, and if Windows has the functionality to also have very low I/O priority. If I was using Linux I could use iorenice to affect it, no idea if Windows has such a tool.

Ended up killing Galaxy to stop it from taking over my entire 8-core 32GB system as I have important stuff to do. :) Soon as it was stopped, the system jumped back to function, before that it was massively disk thrashing. Hopefully that process can be streamlined in the future and greatly reduced CPU/RAM/diskIO loads. My hard disk sounded like it was going to let out smoke.
After the initial scan is finished it should stop being quite so resource intensive but yeah, it is a gargantuan pain that they should do something about.

EDIT: Maybe leave it on overnight?
Post edited November 11, 2015 by Blackdrazon
Blackdrazon: After the initial scan is finished it should stop being quite so resource intensive but yeah, it is a gargantuan pain that they should do something about.

EDIT: Maybe leave it on overnight?
Naw, I had to kill it as it was making my computer completely unusable for anything else. My machine is pretty beefy and I run several virtual machines on it which are necessary for projects etc. and they were all grinding to a halt due to resource exhaustion, in particular disk I/O. It just severely pounds the hard disk, but it doesn't seem to just read files like normal apps sequentially but rather in a way that sends the disk bouncing all over the place. That's not scientific, but just theorized from observation of the drive LED and noise coming from the machine which it never makes even during other apps that use the disk heavily. I'm not entirely positive either way, but I do know that it grinds my system to a halt with 9 games installed, including all 3 Witcher games, Far Cry and a few smaller ones.

I don't want it hammering my hard disk while I sleep either, that's wear and tear I can do without simply by installing the games and launching them without Galaxy. There needs to be a way to disable the current functionality completely and have it honour the person's wishes and not transiently reset their choices later on. I did set "manual update" earlier and the next time I ran Galaxy it reset the setting to automatic and downloaded 20GB or so.

Of course I'm not complaining about it mind you, just pointing out my observations with some theories as to what's happening. Some beta testing procedures/occurrences can push one's system beyond where one is comfortable for it to go. :) I do love Galaxy though and can't wait until I can make it my primary game launcher and fully experience what it intends to be. Will be trying to update to each new release as they come out and bang it around a bit. The biggest issues that seem to be affecting the most people currently appear to be excessive network I/O and disk I/O, so I presume they're working hard on getting the delta+compression stuff going, and hopefully they can optimize whatever their method is for checksumming/hashing local files versus what's on the server that doesn't involve reading the hard disk at ultra-high priority one byte at a time for 6 hours straight preventing disk access to the rest of the system. :) (That's humour in case anyone thinks otherwise. ) :)
I noticed that the C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\support folder is getting bigger and bigger and it contains several files which are from games I uninstalled a long time ago. Any reason for this? What are the files in this folder for anyway?
So I am unable to install GOG Galaxy on Vista 64bit. I downloaded the installer (twice) and it does nothing when I run it. Tried running as administrator but no luck. Any ideas?

E: Managed to install it using command prompt
Post edited November 11, 2015 by Erx
Wont' even start on my Windows 7 Computer. Just crashes when I hit the Galaxy icon.
dudalb: Wont' even start on my Windows 7 Computer. Just crashes when I hit the Galaxy icon.
I assume you downloaded the latest version of Galaxy from GOG.com/Galaxy, right? If so, please check the top-most sticky post where you will find an information about where to get and how to submit bug report together with Galaxy logs to our mantis database, so that the team can look into this...
Erx: So I am unable to install GOG Galaxy on Vista 64bit. I downloaded the installer (twice) and it does nothing when I run it. Tried running as administrator but no luck. Any ideas?

E: Managed to install it using command prompt
While it's great to hear that you managed to launch it, XP and Vista are not officially supported OSes for GOG Galaxy, partly due to issues like the one you've mentioned. While we don't artificially block it in any way, from our experience, as well as bug reports, the Client can run into really weird issues when installed on older OS than Windows 7...
Post edited November 12, 2015 by Destro
arrjayjee: Any word on an ETA for the Galaxy on Linux yet?
No ETA yet - but certainly we won't make it before the year's end. As for now, maybe you should check the Wine HQ page for GOG Galaxy - https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32771 - while I haven't tried it personally, I know that quite a few users are successfully running it on Linux this way and the page claims that it "works flawlessy so far" :)
MarkoH01: I noticed that the C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\support folder is getting bigger and bigger and it contains several files which are from games I uninstalled a long time ago. Any reason for this? What are the files in this folder for anyway?
Those are "support installers" - small executables Galaxy uses to configure stuff like putting the game in "Programs and Features". You can safely delete any that are for games that you uninstalled.

Galaxy should remove these when games are uninstalled. We'll investigate :)
EDIT: In our testing these files are always cleaned up after the game is uninstalled. If you encounter this problem again - a game being uninstalled but the support folder files are left - please report it on Mantis. Thanks!

dudalb: Wont' even start on my Windows 7 Computer. Just crashes when I hit the Galaxy icon.
Replied on Mantis.

Liosan
Post edited November 12, 2015 by Liosan
MarkoH01: I noticed that the C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\support folder is getting bigger and bigger and it contains several files which are from games I uninstalled a long time ago. Any reason for this? What are the files in this folder for anyway?
Liosan: Those are "support installers" - small executables Galaxy uses to configure stuff like putting the game in "Programs and Features". You can safely delete any that are for games that you uninstalled.

Galaxy should remove these when games are uninstalled. We'll investigate :)
EDIT: In our testing these files are always cleaned up after the game is uninstalled. If you encounter this problem again - a game being uninstalled but the support folder files are left - please report it on Mantis. Thanks!

Liosan: Replied on Mantis.

Liosan
Thank you for the reply. Maybe Galaxy did not delete them in former versions and that is the reason that some old ones are still not uninstalled. If Galaxy normally deletes them I have no problem with them :)
skeletonbow: So I exit Galaxy completely again to do the update manually with 38GB of free disk space on the drive the game is on. Within seconds it tells me in red "There is not enough system disk space for this update". Now by using the term "system disk space", that implies to me that it wants space on my C: drive, the drive that the game is not installed on which only has 1GB free. That drive is not going to ever have any more than 1GB free for some time now and there's no reason that it should ever need it because the game, the patch for the game should not be touching my C: drive at all for any reason. I've not had any problems updating The Witcher 3 to new versions with every single patch released to date up to 1.8.4, so I'm curious why all of a sudden it needs space on my C: drive?
While this is not really a Galaxy issue, I wanted to follow up on your post from few days ago. From what our Product team told me, the engine for standalone (non Galaxy) updates temporarily extracts to your %temp% folder, which is in your case C: drive, where - as I understand - you have only 1GB of free space.
While you've noticed the issue with The Witcher 3 patch 1.0.8.x, GOG patches always worked like that - what's so unique to this Witcher 3 patch is that it includes a completely new file that's few gigabyte in size which was not present in previous updates.
Although we're aware that this is not perfect, sadly this is not something that we can easily fix without rebuilding the offline updates engine first. Having that said, as Galaxy team is working now both on compression as well as first (of many) patching efficiency improvements, maybe the answer to your issue will come from Galaxy Client side before that. Alternatively you can wait for an updated The Witcher 3 standalone build on the My Account which I believe should appear there sooner than later (though I agree it's far from efficient solution to your issue).

I hope this helps a bit, at least on explanation side of things :).
Post edited November 12, 2015 by Destro
I'm really liking the client so far, but I've got some questions and feedback about the progress.

1. When do you except all games to be compatible with Galaxy? Right now, I'm still counting 6 games in my library that aren't compatible yet.

2. When will Galaxy be able to notice that an extra you're trying to download is already is the destination folder? The GOG Downloader was able to do this, and Galaxy not being able to do it is probably my biggest issue right now.

2. Will there eventually be a "Download all extras" button? Right now, when I want to download all extras, I have to click on one item, wait for the download tab to open, wait for it to close again (clicks sometimes don't register if you're clicking while the download tab opens or closes), and then click on the next item. It just becomes very tiresome when you're trying to download all the extras for multiple games. Aside from having a "Download all extras" button, I would prefer it if the download tab stayed closed, and instead the download symbol just flashed as a notification that the item has been added to the queue (similar to how the download symbol flashes in browsers).

3. If I manually open the download tab, why does it keep closing automatically after a few seconds? This is very annoying when you're waiting for a specific download to finish and want to watch the progress.

Otherwise, keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to future updates.
Post edited November 13, 2015 by Paul31286
Is there any ETA for a Linux version yet? I would really like to have this for Linux considering I have a nice amount of games installed
BasedDoctorWorm: Is there any ETA for a Linux version yet? I would really like to have this for Linux considering I have a nice amount of games installed
Take a look at this post from: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_2/post3000
Paul31286: 1. When do you except all games to be compatible with Galaxy?
As you've said, only a few games are not yet compatible with Galaxy, and usually it's due to an issue that requires extensive engineering to build a workaround. All new games that arrive on GOG.com are of course compatible with Galaxy.

Paul31286: 2. When will Galaxy be able to notice that an extra you're trying to download is already is the destination folder?
2. Will there eventually be a "Download all extras" button?
3. If I manually open the download tab, why does it keep closing automatically after a few seconds?
The best way to request features and changes to Galaxy is to post it on the Community Wishlist: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy . We pay close attention to all wishes, and the more votes they get, the more likely it is that it will be implemented.
Post edited November 13, 2015 by Venom
BasedDoctorWorm: Is there any ETA for a Linux version yet? I would really like to have this for Linux considering I have a nice amount of games installed
Venom: Take a look at this post from: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_2/post3000
Haha oh wow I am so sorry. I'm reading from my phone and somehow skipped that. Thanks. I'll try it through wine for now.
skeletonbow:
Destro: While this is not really a Galaxy issue, I wanted to follow up on your post from few days ago. From what our Product team told me, the engine for standalone (non Galaxy) updates temporarily extracts to your %temp% folder, which is in your case C: drive, where - as I understand - you have only 1GB of free space.
While you've noticed the issue with The Witcher 3 patch 1.0.8.x, GOG patches always worked like that - what's so unique to this Witcher 3 patch is that it includes a completely new file that's few gigabyte in size which was not present in previous updates.
Although we're aware that this is not perfect, sadly this is not something that we can easily fix without rebuilding the offline updates engine first. Having that said, as Galaxy team is working now both on compression as well as first (of many) patching efficiency improvements, maybe the answer to your issue will come from Galaxy Client side before that. Alternatively you can wait for an updated The Witcher 3 standalone build on the My Account which I believe should appear there sooner than later (though I agree it's far from efficient solution to your issue).

I hope this helps a bit, at least on explanation side of things :).
Yes, thanks for the details, that helps. What ended up happening is that I fired up Galaxy another time and it went ahead and updated Witcher 3 against my configuration wishes anyway and when I noticed what it was doing it was 90% done so I let it finish. So I now have the updated game, albeit it wasn't updated how I would have preferred and it gobbled probably 50+GB of my Internet usage for the month in failed attempts plus the final one that succeeded, but in the end I have a playable updated version of the game and have re-disabled automatic updates.

It's good to know about it using %TEMP% to extract to as I may be able to override that by setting TEMP in a shell and pointing it elsewhere, or via a batch file or something should the problem recur again in the future. What would be nice is if you guys could offer a configuration option as to where to put temporary files and perhaps default it to %TEMP% but allow the user to override it to somewhere else. Knowing there's a potential workaround is good to tide things over for a future update with the goodies you indicated are being worked on though. :)

Thanks again for the info, it's exactly what I needed to know.