It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HeDanny: What is Playfire? Why do I need / want it?
1. The client used for some applications in GMG is called Playfire. You don't need it to buy Steam games from them and some say you should stay away from it. I have done so, so I have no experience with it.

2. The other Playfire you don't need either but you might want it.

Playfire is also the name of a program / site that gives you credit in GMG for getting certain Steam achievements on a certain timeframe.
You have to register on Playfire, associate your Steam account and you Steam profile has to be public at least part of the time so that the site can update your stats. Every day they publish some achievements and you usually a week to get them. If you got them before it doesn't count.

Most of the time they go with recent releases but sometimes they go with older games. That game is usually on sale in GMG but you don't have to buy it there.

I have used this to get some GMG credit and apart from one bug, it has worked as advertised.
Thanks Mate. So there are two things called playfire, the client should be avoided, but the other is a metagame that can be fun. Hate I got that right?

I'll go back to GMG. If I can find the second Playfire easily enough I'll sign up. I don't mind metagame communitly type things. Sounds worth a closer look at least.

--

So who is on Playfire?
If there is community stuff in there I'll look you up (if you don't mind, of course).
HeDanny: This is pretty OT, but I finally signed up for GMG account yesterday to buy the first two bundles. The site is pretty confusing. What is Playfire? Why do I need / want it?

Any Aussies remember the Aussie Discount code? I can't seem to find it on there anywhere.
Playfire is a website that tracks your gaming stats like what did you play, how many hours, steam achievements, etc. They have a collaboration with gmg, each week they will say what achievements you need to unlock from different games (usually gamez released recently and steam only) to earn money (gmg credit).

Mind you that it's been a few months since i used that so some stuff might have changed.

Edit. 10 m to write this via mobile and a wild ninja appears, lol.
Post edited May 13, 2015 by Cyraxpt
To those who bought (or were thinking of buying) Eador: Masters of the Broken World on Humble during the sale because Humble's information about the game indicated that a GOG key was included, here's a small update:

The Eador: Masters game card/page no longer shows that GOG key is included.

I haven't heard back on my support ticket yet, so I'm not sure what they might be willing to do if a GOG key was important to your purchase. Since Humble provides a DRM-free download and I got the game for about $3.50, I'll just live without the GOG key.

Update - a response from Humble:

Thank you for writing in to us! I want to sincerely apologize for the mixup. It was indeed an error on our end that listed GOG as an option for the game and that was incorrect. It has since been corrected and I'm sorry for any frustration this may have caused!
Post edited May 13, 2015 by mwb1100
The Deep Silver Week will last for 48 more hours. The following games are the last 48-hours deals set:

Risen (DRM-Free) -75%.
Risen 2 Dark Waters Collection (Steam) -75%.
Risen Franchise Pack (Steam) -75%. Includes Risen and Risen 2 Dark Waters Collection.
Risen 3 Titan Lords (Steam) -33%.
Sacred 2 Gold Edition (DRM-Free) -75%.
Sacred Citadel (Steam) -75%. Same case with the 3 Pack.
Sacred Franchise Pack (Steam) -75%. Includes Sacred 2: Gold Edition, Sacred Citadel and Sacred Citadel: Jungle Hunt DLC.
Sacred 3 (Steam) -33%.
Post edited May 13, 2015 by Grargar
New deals from Greenmangamings birthday sale. 25% off code "SLICKD-EALS25-OFFEXL" still in effect.

Link

New deals include:

Deus ex The Fall $1.99
Deus ex HR Directors Cut $3.99
Dungeon Siege 3 $2.99
Hitman Absolution Elite Edition $4.99
Omerta $2.99
Tropico 3 $1.49
Tropico 4 $2.99
and more
Colonies and States Bundle on Groupees up for reserve

$1.25 for seven games: 5 Steam, 1 Desura, 1 Greenlight

Presented by Who's Developing Now.
madth3: Colonies and States Bundle on Groupees up for reserve

$1.25 for seven games: 5 Steam, 1 Desura, 1 Greenlight

Presented by Who's Developing Now.
One game has been confirmed as Colonies Online.

Another has been confirmed as States, Firms, & Households
Post edited May 13, 2015 by yogsloth
Build a Greenlight 24 is live

$0.50 per game, $1 minimum

- Volstead (DRM-Free, Desura, Itch.io / Win)
- Wild Island Quest (DRM-Free / Win)
- Icarus-X: Tides of Fire (DRM-Free / Win)
- Gravity Error (DRM-Free, Itch.io, Greenlit / Win, Mac)
- Three Days (DRM-Free / Win)
- Build 'n Bump (DRM-Free / Win)
- Owys (DRM-Free, Greenlit / Win)
- Colorblind (DRM-Free / Win)

Bonus
- Volsted OST (to be unlocked)
Didn't know MS Paint was still popular. ~_~

Colorblind looks good, but I honestly can't even find a second game I want from this one. Thanks for posting it, though!
HeDanny: I'll go back to GMG. If I can find the second Playfire easily enough I'll sign up. I don't mind metagame communitly type things. Sounds worth a closer look at least.

So who is on Playfire?
If there is community stuff in there I'll look you up (if you don't mind, of course).
I'm on Playfire, though I rarely log in there. It's a game client, as mentioned by others, but it's mostly just a little app that runs without a lot of reason for being there. It does a very good job of tracking a few Steam stats, but apart from that it's all promises that have not been implemented.

If I may make a suggestion, about once a year you get a really good game deal for joining Playfire, and the deal is only available for first-time users. You might want to wait and see if a deal comes along, since there's not much reason to be there otherwise. I got XCOM and the Enemy Unknown expansion for just a few bucks for joining last year.
Tex Murphy Bundle on BundleStars

$2.49 for

- Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum
- Tex Murphy: Mean Streets
- Tex Murphy: Overseer (Win only)
- Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive
- Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon

All Steam. Win, Mac, Linux (except Overseer)
On the Humble Store:

- <span class="bold">Men of War : Vietnam Special Edition</span> is the $0.99 deal
- <span class="bold">SUNLESS SEA</span> is the current Flash deal, -33%, DRM-Free + Steam
yogsloth: One game has been confirmed as Colonies Online.

Another has been confirmed as States, Firms, &amp; Households
And yet another bundle pre-ordered by me. ;)
Yes, I know the majority of the games are pants, but for such a small sum of money, I'm happy if I get one game I'm interested in.
Playism games on sale on Steam

A couple of -80%, a couple of -75%.