It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pajama: FireFlower games have got 'Heroine's Quest' for free. Well worth getting if you haven't already got it :)

http://fireflowergames.com/shop/heroines-quest/

Meant to add it's DRM free too.
Yes, that was released free by the developers when it came out. Many of us think it should be on GOG as a new free game, even though they apparently rejected it. You can still vote on it though.
F1 Race Stars Bundle on BundleStars

$4.99 for the game + 13 pieces of DLC
high rated
Pajama: FireFlower games have got 'Heroine's Quest' for free. Well worth getting if you haven't already got it :)

http://fireflowergames.com/shop/heroines-quest/

Meant to add it's DRM free too.
Thanks for adding that here. I use FireFlower (and like them quite a bit), but I don't check in everyday.

---------

I guess that's where we'll all meet up when GOG finally goes Steam. ;)
Getcomposted: I looked at all the people on the Trading with their humungous lists and though "Wow! They must buy multiple copies for trading and gifting!" I traded happily with these people to get those games. Little did I know that I would become one of those people because the games I traded for would come up again and again in new bundles. ;)
That's a good point - I look around at the crazy amount of games people have to give away, and a lot of it does seem to be bundles.

I've only ever purchased one bundle which I only took two small DLCs from and gifted on other game. So there's a handful of games out there I could be trying to figure out how to gift that weren't even on my radar. What are they and how do I get them? Uhhhh...all I know is that it was Humble.
budejovice: I guess that's where we'll all meet up when GOG finally goes Steam. ;)
We can split camps between FireFlower Games, ShinyLoot, DotEmu, and Desura, and all hate each other for their choices. ;)
high rated
budejovice: I guess that's where we'll all meet up when GOG finally goes Steam. ;)
IAmSinistar: We can split camps between FireFlower Games, ShinyLoot, DotEmu, and Desura, and all hate each other for their choices. ;)
I've got my eye on that shiny forum with so much blank space all over it at FF. But yeah, you can have the rest. Because they are AWFUL choices. ;)
budejovice: I've got my eye on that shiny forum with so much blank space all over it at FF. But yeah, you can have the rest. Because they are AWFUL choices. ;)
They're no GOGs, that's for sure.
The Mixer 16 on IndieRoyale

Starting on $1.99

- Pulstar (DRM-Free, Desura, Steam / Win, Mac, Linux)
- FootLOL: Epic Fail League (DRM-Free, Desura, Steam / Win, Mac)
- Residue (DRM-Free, Desura, Steam / Win)
- 99 Levels To Hell (DRM-Free, Desura, Steam / Win, Mac, Linux)
- Mana Crusher (DRM-Free, Desura, Steam / Win)
- Catmouth Island (DRM-Free, Desura, Steam / Win, Mac, Linux)
- Growing Pains (Steam / Win)
- Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory (Steam / Win)
- (DRM-Free, Desura, Steam / Win)
- Ensign-1 (DRM-Free, Desura, Steam / Win, Mac, Linux)
budejovice: I've got my eye on that shiny forum with so much blank space all over it at FF. But yeah, you can have the rest. Because they are AWFUL choices. ;)
IAmSinistar: They're no GOGs, that's for sure.
So how is dotemu? Are they steam resellers? Is their "drm-free guarantee" legit? Is there a way to search their catalog by drm?

I actually like shinyloot and have found a few nice games there not available here. I also have the obligatory ~200 game collection on desura, though I don't believe I've ever actually bought a game directly from them. Of course my desura collection is of similar worth to the collection found in naked mole rat midden piles, but that's beside the point...
The grumpy week.
budejovice: So how is dotemu? Are they steam resellers? Is their "drm-free guarantee" legit? Is there a way to search their catalog by drm?
DotEmu is 100% DRM-Free; you just download an installer and play. The problems with them is that they completely lack any kind of gifting mechanism and that they only release games once/months.
Post edited March 12, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: The grumpy week.
budejovice: So how is dotemu? Are they steam resellers? Is their "drm-free guarantee" legit? Is there a way to search their catalog by drm?
Grargar: DotEmu is 100% DRM-Free; you just download an installer and play. The problems with them is that they completely lack any kind of gifting mechanism and that they only release games once/months.
Good News always brings out the grumps. :)

Thanks! I'll have to take a look...
<span class="bold">Payday 2</span> is free to play for the weekend and -80% on Steam

<span class="bold">Red Faction Guerrilla</span> is also free to play and all the <span class="bold">Red Faction</span> Games are -80%

There is also an Ubisoft weekend
Post edited March 12, 2015 by madth3
DotEmu - DRM-free, somewhat limited selection, though lots of Sega Genesis games via emulation.
ShinyLoot - Formerly 100% DRM-free, now 85%. Forum was off to a good start before they changed course.
FireFlower Games - DRM-free, eclectic selection, priced pegged to the euro instead of the dollar. Needs more titles and forum use.
Desura - Big ol' mixed bag, the go-to place for DRM-free bundle keys. Unimpressed with the new management.

I own games on all of these services, but it's pretty spotty - Sega titles on DotEmu and a few obscure adventures like Maupiti Island; a number of indies on ShinyLoot, though I stopped buying there when they stopped being DRM-free exclusively; some good games on FireFlower that aren't available on GOG; and the usual grab-bag one associates with Desura, with only a few games actually purchased from them.

In short, if GOG sinks, there's not another ship truly ready to take over the voyage.
IAmSinistar: We can split camps between FireFlower Games, ShinyLoot, DotEmu, and Desura, and all hate each other for their choices. ;)
Just curious, what about HB? Too steamy?
madth3: Just curious, what about HB? Too steamy?
Pretty much. I do occasionally buy games there (and of course bundles), but the DRM-free ratio is awfully low for me to make it a home.

And GG has pissed me off once too many times for me to really use them anymore beyond the odd game I can't get DRM-free anywhere else. (And I mean that literally - the last thing I bought from them was Munch's Oddysee.)