It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, thanks for all the feedback guys. In the end I grabbed Revelations instead, since it sounded like it was closer in style to the earlier games.

Don't have a clue when I'm going to get around to playing it though...
It's only been on PC a month, but former PSN-exlusive Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate is $10.20 / £7.50 (Steamworks) today.
PenguinJim: It's only been on PC a month, but former PSN-exlusive Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate is $10.20 / £7.50 (Steamworks) today.
A bit cheaper at GMG if you use the 25% discount code: GMG25-7VBH8-67CAC (sorry) :-)

@down: Here.
Post edited October 13, 2013 by kjx
PenguinJim: It's only been on PC a month, but former PSN-exlusive Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate is $10.20 / £7.50 (Steamworks) today.
What's the difference between this & the Pixeljunk Monsters that is currently on sale here?
low rated
DarkoD13: Are you sure? It's not on the Big DRM list.
spoderman: I haven't installed it yet myself, but a CAPCOM rep confirmed that the activation limit was increased for Dark Void too, so I assume that it does have securom. It also comes with a cd key.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45730/discussions/0/828925216424478247/#c846960628260380305
I don't understand what the people in that thread are complaining. Some of them even say they are fine with Steam DRM, so why should the additional "20 installation limit" DRM, that they are probably never going face anyway, matter? Or are they looking forward to install the game onto 21 PCs instantly?

Steam service/DRM will probably fail before normal user would have installed the same game over 20 times, and even if you do, I am sure Capcom will grant you more installations if you explain it to them.

Sometimes Steam fans are so fucking hypocrites... I agree with them though that Steam store pages should be more specific what kind of DRM there is, so people wouldn't have to guess, like in this case.
Post edited October 13, 2013 by timppu
spoderman: I haven't installed it yet myself, but a CAPCOM rep confirmed that the activation limit was increased for Dark Void too, so I assume that it does have securom. It also comes with a cd key.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45730/discussions/0/828925216424478247/#c846960628260380305
timppu: I don't understand what the people in that thread are complaining. Some of them even say they are fine with Steam DRM, so why should the additional "20 installation limit" DRM, that they are probably never going face anyway, matter? Or are they looking forward to install the game onto 21 PCs instantly?

Steam service/DRM will probably fail before normal user would have installed the same game over 20 times, and even if you do, I am sure Capcom will grant you more installations if you explain it to them.

Sometimes Steam fans are so fucking hypocrites... I agree with them though that Steam store pages should be more specific what kind of DRM there is, so people wouldn't have to guess, like in this case.
I'm not okay with Steam DRM. I just tolerate them since I have friends there. But I have to agree that they need to mention the extra DRM included.
KneeTheCap: It uses GFWL, yes. Also the game is horribly bad, get RE6 instead.
Gonchi: Isn't RE6 supposed to be terrible too?
No, it's just a love it or hate it game. Opinions vary for it a lot. I liked RE6 more than RE5 and had a lot of fun with all of the campaigns (well, not as much with Ada's).

Revelations is a good game too, but it has its flaws that aren't mentioned as much as RE5/6.

For story + singleplayer, RE Revelations is better. For co-op + gameplay, I prefer RE6.
Post edited October 13, 2013 by spoderman
timppu:
People were saying the same thing about GFWL... Don't you think it's more likely for SecuROM to go out of business and shut down their servers before Steam does (although it would probably be easier to patch Securom out than GFWL)?

And people who always go "do you plan on installing this game on xx computers" seem to forget that these activation limit DRMs don't always work as intended, sometimes identifying the same PC as different one (and leaving you unable to go back and revoke your previous activation). Plus, "I'm sure Capcom will grant you more installations", how can you be sure? Yeah, maybe they will, if I go completely out of my way and be extra persistant with their support... or maybe not.

Just because 20 is a somewhat safe limit (as opposed to 5), doesn't mean that I have to be glad about these (flawed and unnecessary) DRM on top of another (flawed and unnecessary) DRM (and sometimes on top of yet another DRM).

timppu: I don't understand what the people in that thread are complaining. Some of them even say they are fine with Steam DRM, so why should the additional "20 installation limit" DRM, that they are probably never going face anyway, matter? Or are they looking forward to install the game onto 21 PCs instantly?

From my past experience :

For some games with Securom (just this one) : When you uninstall the game , an activation isn't revoked : you must use the tool from Securom in this case. And since you don't know if an activation is properly revoked or not , you're blind till you hit the limit.

as pointed you, a small change in a computer can count as an activation aswell......

So you may not see the problem till you hit it .
DyNaer: For some games with Securom (just this one) : When you uninstall the game , an activation isn't revoked : you must use the tool from Securom in this case. And since you don't know if an activation is properly revoked or not , you're blind till you hit the limit.
For 90% of games with SecuRom online activation, this is not an issue. You can simply create a shortcut and start the game with the parameter "/revoke". The game will then connect to SecuRom, revoke your activation, and the interface will tell you whether that succeeded or not (it usually does succeed). No special tools are required.

I do this every time before uninstalling a SecuRom-protected game. I have never ran out of activations for any of them so far. (Doesn't mean that I like the system, just pointing out that there are ways to minimize the annoyance and insecurity.)
DyNaer: For some games with Securom (just this one) : When you uninstall the game , an activation isn't revoked : you must use the tool from Securom in this case. And since you don't know if an activation is properly revoked or not , you're blind till you hit the limit.
Psyringe: For 90% of games with SecuRom online activation, this is not an issue. You can simply create a shortcut and start the game with the parameter "/revoke". The game will then connect to SecuRom, revoke your activation, and the interface will tell you whether that succeeded or not (it usually does succeed). No special tools are required.

I do this every time before uninstalling a SecuRom-protected game. I have never ran out of activations for any of them so far. (Doesn't mean that I like the system, just pointing out that there are ways to minimize the annoyance and insecurity.)
You shouldn't have to use the parameter normaly , if the installer is properly coded , and i didn''t knew it o_o. But you're right it's safe to use the parameter to be sure at 100%.

In other hand , last time i got problem with securom it was with Sacred 2 , so things have changed. At this time, if you ran out of activation (was quite limited for this game) , you must contact Securom support , and after that they realeased a tool for this purpose or if an activation wasn't properly revoked.

Aside that, yeah Securom isn't great regardless the security -_-
Post edited October 13, 2013 by DyNaer
retsuseiba: People were saying the same thing about GFWL... Don't you think it's more likely for SecuROM to go out of business and shut down their servers before Steam does (although it would probably be easier to patch Securom out than GFWL)?
Isn't SecuROM by Sony? Doesn't that alone make it easily just as immortal as Steam/Valve, and then some?

retsuseiba: And people who always go "do you plan on installing this game on xx computers" seem to forget that these activation limit DRMs don't always work as intended, sometimes identifying the same PC as different one (and leaving you unable to go back and revoke your previous activation). Plus, "I'm sure Capcom will grant you more installations", how can you be sure? Yeah, maybe they will, if I go completely out of my way and be extra persistant with their support... or maybe not.
Yeah well, all that applies the same to Steam/Valve, remembering the common arguments:

"Come on, it is not like Valve is going out of business any time soon."

"Gabe Newell promised that he will personally patch out all Steam games DRM-free, if they ever do."

"If all else fails, you can always just dowload a crack from torrent sites for your Steam games, instantly making them DRM-free. Easy!".

"And these are only games after all. So what if you can't sometime in the future play them anymore? You wouldn't be able to do that if WWIII started, either. I have more important things to fret about in my life than some stupid games."

Sounds like double-standards to me, if those arguments work for Valve/Steam, but not Capcom/Sony/SecuROM.
Post edited October 13, 2013 by timppu
timppu: Isn't SecuROM by Sony? Doesn't that alone make it easily just as immortal as Steam/Valve, and then some?
True, but why would any big company continue to support a service that is deemed unprofitable? I am, of course, assuming that the fact that fewer devs choosing to use it in newly released games result in less profits for Sony, so feel free to prove me wrong in this matter.

And I don't see how the rest of the post has anything to do with what I said before. Steam could close down, but the implications of such doesn't even compare to to Securom/GFWL/whatever closing down. Plus it does nothing to the question "why do I need two or more DRMs on my games?" "Oh, but why not, it's not that big of a deal." <-- the thing is, sometimes it's not not a big deal, and it being a third party service doesn't help in such cases.

If Securom had its own digital store and I chose to buy my games on Securom Store, then no, I wouldn't want to have to not only use Securom, but run and activate it on Steam as well.
Post edited October 13, 2013 by retsuseiba
PenguinJim: It's only been on PC a month, but former PSN-exlusive Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate is $10.20 / &pound;7.50 (Steamworks) today.
Rodzaju: What's the difference between this & the Pixeljunk Monsters that is currently on sale here?
Online multiplayer through Steam, leaderboards, achievements, cloud saving, and trading cards.
Rodzaju: What's the difference between this & the Pixeljunk Monsters that is currently on sale here?
Foxhack: Online multiplayer through Steam, leaderboards, achievements, cloud saving, and trading cards.
But the game itself is the same?

And cheaper here...