It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leroux: Does anyone know what's the "Other DRM" in this case? Also, the Steam version has issues on my WIn8 rig, not sure what they're related to, but in the menu all options just read "Tag not found". This (German) thread suggest it might have something to do with the absence of the "Text" and "Manual" folders. Do you think it's worth trying if the GamersGate version might solve that problem? Does it have a "text" folder in its directory? I'd be thankful for any reply!
The "Other DRM" is an offline key check. GamersGate gives you a key, you enter it during installation. There are no limits to it as far as I know.

I have a "Text" and a "Manual" folder in my install of the base game, and a "Manual" folder in my install of the expansion. The "Manual" folders just contain some PDFs, I don't think they are related to problems. The "Text" folder might. I have no problems running the game on Win7 64-bit, for what it's worth.
http://bigbadbundle.bundledragon.com/bbb2/
Big Bad Bundle 2: The Sequel

Pay $1 or more to get:

- Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World [Steam]
- The Useful Dead [Desura, DRM Free]
- Super Ninja Warrior Extreme [DRM Free]

Pay $5 or more to also get:

- Chernobyl Underground [Desura]
- Naval Warfare [Steam]
- Dreamscape [Desura]
- Elliot Quest [Desura]
Has anyone played Kaptain Brawe?
Psyringe: GamersGate Daily Deal:

Titan Quest Gold is 75% off ( €2.49, dollar price is usually more expensive)

Most people will already have this game by now. But if you got the base game from the THQ Humble Bundle, liked it, and would like a Steam-free version which includes the expansion, here's your chance. :)
I do have a noob question after all; Do I have to be online to play this game?

---------------

***IGNORE this bit - the same question was answered above***

Is this completely DRM-free as it would be on GOG?

I've only bought PC games from GOG so excuse my ignorance.
Post edited October 20, 2013 by pigdog
innerring: Has anyone played Kaptain Brawe?
Yes the dubbed, I mean the version with voiceacting. Was quite nice, nothing special, but entertaining.
innerring: Has anyone played Kaptain Brawe?
merow: Yes the dubbed, I mean the version with voiceacting. Was quite nice, nothing special, but entertaining.
Thanks. Looks decent and there can never be too many adventures lol.
Leroux: Does anyone know what's the "Other DRM" in this case? Also, the Steam version has issues on my WIn8 rig, not sure what they're related to, but in the menu all options just read "Tag not found". This (German) thread suggest it might have something to do with the absence of the "Text" and "Manual" folders. Do you think it's worth trying if the GamersGate version might solve that problem? Does it have a "text" folder in its directory? I'd be thankful for any reply!
Psyringe: The "Other DRM" is an offline key check. GamersGate gives you a key, you enter it during installation. There are no limits to it as far as I know.

I have a "Text" and a "Manual" folder in my install of the base game, and a "Manual" folder in my install of the expansion. The "Manual" folders just contain some PDFs, I don't think they are related to problems. The "Text" folder might. I have no problems running the game on Win7 64-bit, for what it's worth.
Okay, at that price and with the prospect of getting a DRM-free version it might be worth a try, thanks!
pigdog: I do have a noob question after all; Do I have to be online to play this game?
No. GamersGate does not require you to be online to play your games. The game itself had an official online mode, but that has been switched off long ago. I think it's still possible to play online on various ways, but I haven't tried those. I played through the entire game (plus expansion) in offline single player mode.

pigdog: Is this completely DRM-free as it would be on GOG?
GOG would make it easier to make a backup of the installer that can be used without logging into the shop. Apart from that, Titan Quest works in the same way as some games on GOG, which also come with an unlimited offline key.
Is Super Ninja Warrior Extreme actually available for purchase outside this bundle? All I can find is a link to buy it on X-Box.
pigdog: I do have a noob question after all; Do I have to be online to play this game?
Psyringe: No. GamersGate does not require you to be online to play your games. The game itself had an official online mode, but that has been switched off long ago. I think it's still possible to play online on various ways, but I haven't tried those. I played through the entire game (plus expansion) in offline single player mode.

pigdog: Is this completely DRM-free as it would be on GOG?
Psyringe: GOG would make it easier to make a backup of the installer that can be used without logging into the shop. Apart from that, Titan Quest works in the same way as some games on GOG, which also come with an unlimited offline key.
Thank you - genuinely appreciated. Btw, your avatar sends shivers down my spine.... chilling.
Sorry, not a deal, just a question that doesn't deserve its own thread.
I'm interested in Xotic and I'd like to know if the Desura buyers get a standalone installer for the game.
http://www.desura.com/games/xotic
Could anyone that owns the game there check and let me know? Thanks.
DarkoD13: Sorry, not a deal, just a question that doesn't deserve its own thread.
I'm interested in Xotic and I'd like to know if the Desura buyers get a standalone installer for the game.
http://www.desura.com/games/xotic
Could anyone that owns the game there check and let me know? Thanks.
I think it is Steam only.
Leroux: Okay, at that price and with the prospect of getting a DRM-free version it might be worth a try, thanks!
It's a good investment. Already done the bought-download-install-play cycle and had a few hours of fun with it. Looks like loads of content still to come. And it only asked for the auth keys during install, hasn't triggered my firewall or anything else.

Thanks again to Psyringe for pointing this deal out!
amok: I think it is Steam only.
The game has been in some old Groupees bundles which included DRM-free downloads for the game. It also has a different description than games that require Steam, like Teleglitch for example ("Includes a free steam code" rather than "requires steam to run").
http://www.desura.com/games/teleglitch
But I just wanted to be sure. I guess I could contact the developer but he hasn't been online in a year (!).
Leroux: Okay, at that price and with the prospect of getting a DRM-free version it might be worth a try, thanks!
IAmSinistar: It's a good investment. Already done the bought-download-install-play cycle and had a few hours of fun with it. Looks like loads of content still to come. And it only asked for the auth keys during install, hasn't triggered my firewall or anything else.

Thanks again to Psyringe for pointing this deal out!
I've tried it now, too, and it works flawlessly on my Win8 64-bit rig. It seems that the issue was only with the Steam version. Now I've got a version that is working, complete and DRM-free. NIce! :)