It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

spoderman: Steam version has securom too, it's just not listed on the store page.
Are you sure? It's not on the Big DRM list.
spoderman: Steam version has securom too, it's just not listed on the store page.
DarkoD13: Are you sure? It's not on the Big DRM list.
I haven't installed it yet myself, but a CAPCOM rep confirmed that the activation limit was increased for Dark Void too, so I assume that it does have securom. It also comes with a cd key.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45730/discussions/0/828925216424478247/#c846960628260380305
Post edited October 11, 2013 by spoderman
spoderman: I haven't installed it yet myself, but a CAPCOM rep confirmed that the activation limit was increased for Dark Void too, so I assume that it does have securom. It also comes with a cd key.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45730/discussions/0/828925216424478247/#c846960628260380305
Oh, right, that thread. I didn't remember him mentioning Dark Void. So no sale, again. I'm saving some money at least.
World of Goo is on sale today only for $0,99 : http://2dboy.com/games.php
DarkoD13: Nah, I might as well get it on Steam where it doesn't look like it has SecuRom. It's funny that Dark Void Zero still does.
Are all capcon games on steam use extra DRM? if they did then I won't getting any of them.
RedRagan: Are all capcon games on steam use extra DRM? if they did then I won't getting any of them.
No. Their recent games (like Remember Me, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations, Devil May Cry) don't have any extra DRM.. a lot of their older titles use GFWL though. Not many use securom.
Post edited October 12, 2013 by spoderman
RedRagan: Are all capcon games on steam use extra DRM? if they did then I won't getting any of them.
spoderman: No. Their recent games (like Remember Me, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations, Devil May Cry) don't have any extra DRM.. a lot of their older titles use GFWL though. Not many use securom.
Bleh, thanks for the confirmation, good thing I don't purchase those games yet. Also Remember Me will be given for free in PSN+ next month.
I got RE6 for $10... I mean why not I guess.
I was going to buy RE5, but apparently it's not available in my region. Something to do with GFWL, maybe?
Gonchi: I was going to buy RE5, but apparently it's not available in my region. Something to do with GFWL, maybe?
It uses GFWL, yes. Also the game is horribly bad, get RE6 instead.
Gonchi: I was going to buy RE5, but apparently it's not available in my region. Something to do with GFWL, maybe?
KneeTheCap: It uses GFWL, yes. Also the game is horribly bad, get RE6 instead.
Isn't RE6 supposed to be terrible too?
Gonchi: Isn't RE6 supposed to be terrible too?
from what I read RE6 is worst than RE5. 5 should be good, but not that frightning
Just look at gamespot/metacritic.
Post edited October 12, 2013 by merow
They're both terribly awkward shooters, from what I have experienced. Perhaps worth the sale price for locations and such though, they're pretty games.
You really do have to be more interested in the continuing world of RE to really get anything out of RE5 and 6. Both are very under par compared to other games on gameplay, controls and stuff. Where they both shine however is in the stupidly over the top and ridiculous storytelling. They focus almost exclusively on narrative strength so don't expect it to make sense in a consistant way. If you are willing to leave your brain in the jar and just enjoy the characters doing what the characters do then they are both close to exceptional.

.. but taken as a whole game? Yeah.. not so much. They are playable, and enjoyable. That's enough at this price point isnt it?

Disclaimer, I think they are both better than RE4 as "games". So now 99% of everyone will instantly consider my opinion invalid.
RE6 is perfectly fine as long as the only campaign you play is Leon's. Jake's is meh, and Chris's is Call of Duty with regenerating enemy soldiers.