It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: Right so. If it's not a Key Code, don't bother with Amazon.com games that need to be downloaded, if you are not in the US.

my 2 cents. :)
DarkoD13: Why is that? I'm asking because I was thinking of buying the Crusader Kings pack.
From what I gathered Amazon may not like the IP-address you are downloading to, leading to the game's removal without refund. And, as amok, pointed out, contacting Amazon support is a bad idea, if you gave wrong credentials to purchase the game. Though I do not see why someone halfway tech-savy on installing games would need that.

Though, grviper in the above post seems to have no problems. Maybe Amazon doesn't care, actually and my 'concerns' are just internet legends ;)
Post edited May 16, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: Right so. If it's not a Key Code, don't bother with Amazon.com games that need to be downloaded, if you are not in the US.

my 2 cents. :)
DarkoD13: Why is that? I'm asking because I was thinking of buying the Crusader Kings pack.
What the fella above me said. But as you're interested in Crusader Kings, it won't be a problem, because CKII purchase gives you a Steam code.

Now I'm not sure about CK1, though.
dyscode: From what I gathered Amazon may not like the IP-address you are downloading to, leading to the game's removal without refund. And, as amok, pointed out, contacting Amazon support is a bad idea, if you gave wrong credentials to purchase the game. Though I do not see why someone halfway tech-savy on installing games would need that.

Though, grviper in the above post seems to have no problems. Maybe Amazon doesn't care, actually.
Maybe I can share my experience..
I bought Crusader kings pack several month back and downloaded the crusader kings complete without problem...
Until today the game still in my account...
Post edited May 16, 2013 by yinan
dyscode: From what I gathered Amazon may not like the IP-address you are downloading to, leading to the game's removal without refund. And, as amok, pointed out, contacting Amazon support is a bad idea, if you gave wrong credentials to purchase the game. Though I do not see why someone halfway tech-savy on installing games would need that.

Though, grviper in the above post seems to have no problems. Maybe Amazon doesn't care, actually.
yinan: Maybe I can share my experience..
I bought Crusader kings pack several month back and downloaded the crusader kings complete without problem...
Until today the game still in my account...
Thanks, good to know. :)

Though, grviper in the above post seems to have no problems. Maybe Amazon doesn't care, actually and my 'concerns' are just internet legends ;)
Hm, you have any proof, like a case where that really happened? I've never heard about such and it doesn't sound very logic at all. I'm travelling a lot, right now I'm not using a US IP at all. But why would Amazon 'steal' my legit purchase based simply on which IP I would use to download it!? MP3 downloads on the other hand are a completely different story: you can't even buy MP3s without passing their checks which include billing address, payment method, IP plus ISP from what I experienced.

uqblf: Hm, you have any proof, like a case where that really happened? I've never heard about such and it doesn't sound very logic at all. I'm travelling a lot, right now I'm not using a US IP at all. But why would Amazon 'steal' my legit purchase based simply on which IP I would use to download it!? MP3 downloads on the other hand are a completely different story: you can't even buy MP3s without passing their checks which include billing address, payment method, IP plus ISP from what I experienced.
At the very beginning of the Amazon sales, there was a discussion here about that - but I am not going to try to pull that info out of this threat, now.
And as I said, maybe it just has become a internet legend and only restrictend to Amazon support. If so, good for everybody and another point to strike off my paranoid list.

as a anecdote: I am also travling quite a bit, internationally and that's why I became a bit paranoid about such things in the first place, because of some really stupid regional restrition bullshit I came across. Not just only with games but other things, where 'persons and entities' had a jaw dropping on the idea that someone is not sitting in one country for their whole life. :)
Must resist .
Too much games on my wishlist from the Amazon sale . :(
ne_zavarj: Must resist .
Too much games on my wishlist from the Amazon sale . :(

too much games to play too :(
dyscode: Though, grviper in the above post seems to have no problems. Maybe Amazon doesn't care, actually and my 'concerns' are just internet legends ;)
I've downloaded a few games directly from Amazon (mostly uPlay titles before I found out about the activation). Recently, their downloads are actually supplied by servers sitting in Germany, which gives a pretty good indication on Amazons stance of "buying abroad"....

Especially considering that they can perfectly easy check your billing information for your country of origin (it's included in every CC number), I don't think that there is a bigger issue. They deliberately avoided this system (which is used for a few other products and services, most notably movies, music and apps) for games. Obviously there is still some residual risk left, but I don't expect anything to come out of it. This is there 20th or so sale, and if somebody would have complained, they would have done it by now.

On a related note, I also do quite a lot of travelling with "digital stuff" and most (if not all) of my gaming library never acted up. Well, I only buy US/EU1 licenses, and those are hardly ever restricted. I only ever had issues buying stuff from "weird ips".
So what's the reason they're still restricting digital games only to US, even when it's silly easy to go around that for anyone anywhere? They don't seem enforce it and according to Simon they even put up a server in Germany.
For Mac users, there's a Feral game bundle coming up on the 27th, 6 games for $20. They are slowly announcing the games until then... first one is Lego Star Wars complete.

https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/335057645805375489
Profanity: So what's the reason they're still restricting digital games only to US, even when it's silly easy to go around that for anyone anywhere? They don't seem enforce it and according to Simon they even put up a server in Germany.
my guess, similar reasons to why GMG has voucher codes instead of plain price dumps. They act within the possiblities / loopholes that work for them.

BoxOfSnoo: For Mac users, there's a Feral game bundle coming up on the 27th, 6 games for $20. They are slowly announcing the games until then... first one is Lego Star Wars complete.

https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/335057645805375489
Holy SH** that is really aggressive for Mac games.
nijuu: *snicker*
I'd rather have a Steam key than TWELVE INSTALLERS (One for each Genesis 10-pack, and one per Sonic / Toe Jam game.)
So yeah
everyone needs to get sonic kart 2
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRPEJI

it is the greatest mario kart.
I missed the 'Risen 2' DLC sale on Greenman Gaming only to see it countered on Amazon a few minutes later. 60% off Greenman vs 75% off Amazon?? Yes please! Glad I missed the first opportunity . I caved in and bought 'Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition' on Amazon last night. also I hear that game will torment me with unlimited deaths...

:o]